Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree1Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life Dream Catchers: What does your dream mean in your tribe? Dream Catchers: What does your dream mean in your tribe?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 06:06 PM   #41
LBGOOD2U

Items DevilPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
lbgood has a reputation beyond repute
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,007.25
Savings: 0.00
Talking

Last edited by lbgood; 07-30-2009 at 05:53 AM..
lbgood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-14-2009, 11:02 AM   #42
One more push-up,Please!

lostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond repute
lostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 3,730.53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
Hey, Everyone!!!!

I got something here......

I got a friend who wants to know what fairy folk means in a dream....

Here's what happened:----He fell asleep for about a second. Suddenly a little person, (small leprechaun-like person) jumped up and down on the side of his bed. He swears he was awake when this happened. But he could still be asleep and woke up while this happened. .........I told him that sometimes when we wake up we are still in that dream state. He just experienced something very rare..

But i have no answer for him..........so could u guys help?

The Little people are a well known visitor of dreams. I believe the Cherokee's have stories related to them and dreamtime. I was told that the little people were responsible for that little jump/jerk you sometimes get just before you fall asleep. I think they are kin to the trickster Iktomi.
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." JW
lostsalt is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2009, 02:51 AM   #43
Sheep Carnivor

Items Sword
Wannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond repute
Wannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond reputeWannabe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 3,902.50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsalt View Post
The Little people are a well known visitor of dreams. I believe the Cherokee's have stories related to them and dreamtime. I was told that the little people were responsible for that little jump/jerk you sometimes get just before you fall asleep. I think they are kin to the trickster Iktomi.
Yo, Salt, thanks

I relayed the message. He likes what you said. He's a quarter Cherokee, the other 3 is Sioux. He did something, he was too afraid and angry about to do for the last 10 years, he tried calling his father. But, it was too late, he died 4 years ago. But his Uncle said they couldn't find him (my friend), to tell what happened. All in all I can't say anything about the details, out of respect. But he got his questions answered about what you said. -----so thank you. It really helped.
windanncer likes this.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:47 PM   #44
Banned

Toltec Nagual is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 267.00
Quote:
Well, one reason i came to this place was not to just annoy everyone, but to see if I could find some enlightenment. I talked to many people, about dreams. Seems everyone has their own interpretation. But one factor seems to be similar among alot of people.........

Dreaming of teeth, can predict death. Depending on which teeth.

Mine, is what do dinosaurs mean...?

So if you all got something that is bothering you, share it. Dreams are a huge part of our lives. Natives especially are different. If anyone gots an answer, share it. Or go ask your Medicine Man what it means, then tell us......(Or better yet, we can go right next door to the EXPOSING THE FAKE MEDICINE MAN & WOMEN forum)............
The cosmic definition of a dinosaur is "that which is obsolete and needs to be immediately discarded."

If you dream about a dinosaur, look at what else is in that dream with the dinosaur and then that context will mean "that which is obsolete and needs to be immediately discarded."
Toltec Nagual is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-29-2017, 06:57 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:

That's interesting.......U probably have nothing to worry about.

I use to have alot of dreams of natural disasters....I even once asked a crystal gazer.....but he didn't have the time to look into it. Then i watched everyone of my dreams happen, where exactly i dreamed it would happen....(whew).

Maybe, I shoulda done sumthing.....but then who woulda listened, right?
Hi! If you specify what type of natural disaster I can attempt to tell you what they mean.

For example, the cosmic definition of a storm is "catastrophic change."

That means that if you dream about a storm, then a catastrophic change is about to occur in your life unless you take immediate steps to avoid the disaster.

From what you wrote, it seems as if your natural disaster dreams came true.

There are other natural disasters such as floods, desert drought, snow etc each with their own meaning.

Another example, the cosmic definition of a desert is "despair and hopelessness."

If you dream about a desert, you are about to encounter despair and hopelessness unless your take immediate steps to avoid the emotion.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:05 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Hey, Everyone!!!!

I got something here......

I got a friend who wants to know what fairy folk means in a dream....

Here's what happened:----He fell asleep for about a second. Suddenly a little person, (small leprechaun-like person) jumped up and down on the side of his bed. He swears he was awake when this happened. But he could still be asleep and woke up while this happened. .........I told him that sometimes when we wake up we are still in that dream state. He just experienced something very rare..

But i have no answer for him..........so could u guys help?
I know what this little person means.

I have four messages waiting for approval of the moderator. One of the messages is a prelude to that which will answer the meaning of the little person who appeared to your friend.

When the message is released from quarantine then I will post the message here and explain the meaning of the little person.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:22 PM   #47
Banned

Wolves in Dreams

Quote:
...whoa...

Well, I know what wolves mean in navajo. But what does wolves mean in other tribes..........Anybody Sioux? ...I been curious what it means for their tribe.

Oh! tainodelmagua? How bout U? What does it mean in your tribe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tainodelmagua View Post
Hello Wannabe - Sheep Carnivor,

You asked about the meaning of wolves in dreams in my tribe...
I consulted some of my elders and they said that we did not have wolves in our native lands of the Caribbean, therefore, we have no inherent interpretation of wolves.
The cosmic definition of a "wolf" has to do with the creepy feeling you get when someone is stalking you with intent to kill. It is a woo-woo definition but it is the feeling you get when an enemy has you in their sights.
Sponsored Links