Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree2Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life Dreamcatchers demonic?! Dreamcatchers demonic?!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 03:02 PM   #21
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Enigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuetzpallincihuatl View Post
My Dear Amarie49,

Hope you are having a wonderful time over there!
I am in the same situation as you. I donīt congregate in churches anymore for the same reason... It was a christian church... I began to feel out of place when they said that our dances and ceremonies are pagan... They said many things that made me feel offended, so I decided no to attend anymore. - I know God loves me anyhow, (Wankantanka, Ipalnemohuan...). He is the same, with many different names from different places... The Great Spirit loves us all, no matter what...!! - Thatīs what I do believe now! They (churches) donīt leave another option. --God give us many options to show Him our Love. ---Truly yours, Cuetzpallincihuatl.
Well said!!! I was raised southern Methodist and due to a similar event have not been involved in 'organized religion' since I was a teen. The Creator has many names so that all cultures can relate in their own manner. He is everywhere and everything and does not only reside in a building. I feel closest when I'm in nature, marveling at all that has been created.

When my Dad was dying, he said he was having terrible nightmares. I found a Muscogee who made a dreamcatcher for him. He hung it over his bed without question, and cherished it til the day he crossed. Now, it hangs in my room.

~Blessings all, Kathy
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2008, 03:26 PM   #22
hey *g*

Margy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond repute
Margy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahinawake View Post
Ok, so I'm a Christian and I'm a member of this Christian teen forum called Anointed Youth. There was one member on there wondering about dreamcatchers, and she posted a link to a website that says dreamcatchers are evil and possessed with demons and all this other stupid stuff. It was crazy, especially since the website seems really kind of racist towards natives. I was hoping you guys would check it out, and tell me if I was right to send the author of the site some e-mails letting him/her know exactly how stupid I think they are...

Here's the thread in the forum where we're talking about it. My username there is agasga. You can find the link to the website in the first post, but it's DREAM CATCHER

Help research Dream catchers - Anointed Youth

So what do you think? Is the group that runs the demonbusters website out of their minds, or what? Thanks for your input.
No, I disagree. Whoever says he/she's spiritual and believes and tries to make good things bad really hasn't got the basic message of love and respect. I'm sorry. For me and my kids dreamcatchers do work in a good way. In a positive way. Making other's things bad doesn't make one's own better. Peace, love and light.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:48 PM   #23
Ndn8tive

Ndn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,823.28
x

Last edited by Ndn8tive; 02-10-2008 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: x
Ndn8tive is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #24
Pow Wow Visitor

Smokinghawk is a splendid one to beholdSmokinghawk is a splendid one to beholdSmokinghawk is a splendid one to behold
Plus, the website has it wrong. Dreamcatchers originate from the Ojibway, not Sioux. But these days, everything sells better if the tourists think it's Sioux
Smokinghawk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-28-2008, 10:49 PM   #25
Junior Dancer

annie_griffin has a reputation beyond repute
annie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,323.57
dreamcatchers

It is strange seeing how there is so much talk about the spirit
in Christianity. Also Jesus goes to the mountain to pray and
John The Baptist goes to the river to purify people.
I certainly do not believe for a second that dreamcatchers
are negative in anyway. As a matter of fact maybe I could use
one.
It can be difficult two walk with two different belief systems.

-annie
annie_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-14-2009, 12:34 AM   #26
Pow Wow Visitor

Navezgane is an unknown quantity at this point
dreamcatchers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahinawake View Post
Ok, so I'm a Christian and I'm a member of this Christian teen forum called Anointed Youth. There was one member on there wondering about dreamcatchers, and she posted a link to a website that says dreamcatchers are evil and possessed with demons and all this other stupid stuff. It was crazy, especially since the website seems really kind of racist towards natives. I was hoping you guys would check it out, and tell me if I was right to send the author of the site some e-mails letting him/her know exactly how stupid I think they are...

Here's the thread in the forum where we're talking about it. My username there is agasga. You can find the link to the website in the first post, but it's DREAM CATCHER

Help research Dream catchers - Anointed Youth

So what do you think? Is the group that runs the demonbusters website out of their minds, or what? Thanks for your input.

being an apache myself, i can assure you that dreamcatchers are not works of the devil but is a holy or sacred tool to stop evil dreams caused by evil spirits. i'm not going to judge your friend because it is said that thou shalt not judge for thou shalt be judged, your friend sounds like the people who believe that anybody who ain't like your friend isn't a christian but there are many native american christians and dreamcatchers are blessed much like holy water. many of the americans pray to God who they call the creator or great spirit or what ever they call him, they new how not to abuse drugs so that they could get a proper vision of the future and they fast and prayed for days which isn't witch craft. we are judged so rudely because we aren't white but we are humans and we also feel and bleed all the same as the rest of the world and were created by the same God. believe in your heart that they descieved you because they don't wish to understand and go too far with their words, but forgive them because they don't know what they are doing, remember that Jesus never turned away anyone, why should they?
Navezgane is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-29-2017, 06:28 PM   #27
Banned

Toltec Nagual is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 267.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii View Post
I don't usually reply to stuff like this, but.......... my wife & I made one with good thoughts and prayers for my grand-daughter. No........ I do not believe in purchasing a dreamcatcher. I don't know what is going through peoples minds when they are making one, except that they are making them to sell.

Now, she sleeps all night with no nightmares. That's all I know. Am I wrong to want to help her? Does the Creator ignore our prayers for her? I don't think so.
I am glad that your grand-daughter has no nightmares.

I now have four messages which are awaiting moderator approval. One of the messages of 5/26/2017 at 9:36pm addresses problems such as nightmares and tells you how to cure nightmares. Nightmares occur when you are sleeping with the top of your head facing the wrong compass direction. For example, sleeping with the top of your head facing north and your feet facing south. The preferred compass direction varies for each individual person, hence the instructions in the quarantined message of 5/26/2017.

I am responding to this message, the part which talks about the Creator ignoring prayers. What role do moderators of forums play when the Creator is sending someone to answer prayers?

If the message ever comes out of moderator quarantine, I will also post it here.
Toltec Nagual is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-07-2017, 02:41 AM   #28
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,052.40
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toltec Nagual View Post
I am glad that your grand-daughter has no nightmares.

I now have four messages which are awaiting moderator approval. One of the messages of 5/26/2017 at 9:36pm addresses problems such as nightmares and tells you how to cure nightmares. Nightmares occur when you are sleeping with the top of your head facing the wrong compass direction. For example, sleeping with the top of your head facing north and your feet facing south. The preferred compass direction varies for each individual person, hence the instructions in the quarantined message of 5/26/2017.

I am responding to this message, the part which talks about the Creator ignoring prayers. What role do moderators of forums play when the Creator is sending someone to answer prayers?

If the message ever comes out of moderator quarantine, I will also post it here.
I've elephant with my feet and head pointed to the four directions and the only nightmare I had was when I ate a banana at night.

I've also lived wrong and have seen dark shadows in the corner of a dark room. I've had spirits, bad spirits, try to take me with them. I'm still here.

What makes you think you were sent by the One God here to answer prayers?
windanncer and subeeds like this.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links