Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By milehighsalute
  • 2 Post By wyo_rose

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life Life's Challenges Life's Challenges

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2016, 08:32 PM   #1
ilhoshshiyashi

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ILHOSHSHIYASHI will become famous soon enough
Credits: 3,716.08
Savings: 0.00
Life's Challenges

About a year ago I moved from Albuquerque, New Mexico to Anchorage, Alaska. I thought I had a reliable, good-paying, professional, and honest job. Well, not really... I think... Three months ago I was terminated from my job and have been volunteering for the State of Alaska, Medicare Information Office. Having three girls to support, living so far away from home, losing my grandmother a month ago, and struggling to stay afloat, I found myself on bended knees praying for help. I know deep down I am a strong Native Navajo women, but I also came to realize people I come across, such as my coworkers, families, or clients I help are all great supporters and motivators. I have always been very independent and thought I will be fine, but now I think, it's good to have someone to talk with or laught with.

I have applied for several job positions and patiently waiting to hear back... However, I do not want to giveup... I will continue to strive forward with a positive attitude. Not sure why I'm sharing this with PW.com? Hope it helps others who are in my situation.... God bless!
Old 11-15-2016, 12:44 PM   #2
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 27,237.05
while i agree that natives need people to pray with, cry with and talk about their problems.......

......there are times when we just need to cut it up, make fun of eachother and others, laugh and joke and NOT talk about problems

this is that place

feel free to jump right in and talk some krap
windanncer likes this.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:58 PM   #3
ilhoshshiyashi

ILHOSHSHIYASHI will become famous soon enough
Credits: 3,716.08
Thanks for the support.
ILHOSHSHIYASHI is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-21-2016, 02:06 PM   #4
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,039.53
Hello, and thanks for posting! While I haven't been in AK for many years, I cant imagine being there in your situation.

Good luck on all your job applications. I hope you get a better job than the one that let you go.

And praying helps so much!! Not only with peace of mind and soul, but tangible!! I was feeling financially drained (and emotionally) for the past couple months traveling out of state to see my brother in the hospital. And then dealing with funeral arrangements after his passing. But I prayed, not knowing where any extra money was going to come from, and the very next day unexpected funds came in!

A second thing I did was contact any and every program that might be able to help in any way, small or larger. And I'm happy to say that this also paid off and I was able to pay a lot of people back that I borrowed from.

Hang in there! I hope you stick it out because Alaska is an amazing place, with a lot of amazing people. And next year you can qualify for the Permanent Fund!! It's almost like getting per cap! :)
windanncer and gilisi like this.