Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life Looking for Wife's Father Looking for Wife's Father

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
Terran

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Lomax is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 528.02
Savings: 0.00
Looking for Wife's Father

I am looking for any help anyone may be able to offer here. My wife of 28 yrs. was born in Hobbs, NM. in Sept. of 1955. She is 57. She has never known who her real father is. Her family (a racist bunch of rednecks) refuse to tell her or even acknowledge the truth. She has collected a body of evidence over the years that her real father is/was Native American (probably Cherokee).

A few years ago our oldest daughter (Darla) claims to have made contact with some folks via a Native American forum (she thinks it was this one) who confirmed the information we had and were trying to get her in touch with a man we believe may be my wife's father when her computer crashed and she lost all the information. She never said anything about this to us until recently as she was trying to retrace her steps herself (and was embarrassed about losing the info).

What she can remember and what we know is that my wife was concieved and was born in Hobbs, New Mexico. She was concieved in the Winter of '54/'55 and was born in Sept. of 1955. Her mother's maiden name was Buschman. We know that her real Dad came to visit her at least once. We have reason to believe that he may have contacted the family years later and was told that his daughter did not want to know him (a lie!). We have reason to believe that a few years ago he was moved to a care facility in Arizona for treatment for Cirrhosis of the liver.

If any of this info lines up with you or if you have any suggestions as to how we may go about finding this man or his family please feel free to contact me thru this forum (it is set to allow email contact) or you can email me, directly, at [email protected]yahoo.com. For many years my wife has simply consigned herself to never knowing her real father or his family but now it would seem there may be a chance. So any help or advice you might offer would be appreciated. Thank you.

Traditional Dog head Stew:
http://www.thepiz.org/dogheadstew/recipe.html
Lomax is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links