Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree84Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life ndn anti-semitism ndn anti-semitism

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2015, 08:44 PM   #41
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 71,318.40
Savings: 0.00
Who the heck are you to tell people who they can and can't breed with? Just because someone is of mixed blood that doesn't make them a wannabe (a word that I suggest you look up the definition).

What tribe is "Tanya"?

I have more to say but I have to head out for an hour. Maybe I'll finish my thoughts when I get back or maybe tomorrow.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-03-2015, 09:29 PM   #42
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 27,237.05
lemme make myself clear

i didnt pose the question to spread anti-semitism

i just noticed a huge surge of it lately when i talk to other natives

i mostly wanted everyones thoughts on it.....looks like a few other injuns also noticed it.....it usually comes from the younger folks or the ones who do alot of studying

i am not agreeing nor disagreeing with it......but its there....no use ignoring it
windanncer likes this.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:43 PM   #43
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack2011 View Post
Invisible Indians: Mixed-Blood Native Americans Who Are Not Enrolled in Federally Recognized Tribes - or -
Confessions of a mixed blood (wannabe), living the lie...

many unenrolled families thought it prudent to keep quiet about being of mixed blood. One family still thinks it prudent to keep quiet.

"I do not wish to be quoted as an unenrolled Indian," said Tanya (not her real name), who is culturally and socially active in her local area’s Native community. "Most of my friends, Indian and non-Indian, believe I am enrolled because I have the physical characteristics associated with Indian blood. No one questions me. I would not enjoy being looked at differently if others discovered my status. I wouldn’t want to jeopardize my standing, or that of my children for that matter."

Tanya is approximately half Indian from a well-known tribe in the eastern United States. Her indigenous and European ancestors intermarried.

"There are lots of jokes about the white people who dance in their odd outfits. Plus I am friends with some very conservative elders who believe that the traditional dances are just for Indians. While it makes me feel bad when I hear ‘wannabe’ and other such words, I realize my friends don’t understand that they are, in reality, talking about me."

moral: don't breed with whitey, blackie or asian. Don't be a wannabe. You either IS or you wannabe.

rt - the jew never did anything for the NDN
i wonder which physical characteristics? lemme guess her high cheekbones? and she NEVER burns in the sun?

lol......she probably would be able to prove it if the records werent lost in a fire somewhere in time

but thats another subject that can be discussed on a large number of existing threads here

how many of you seen the meme with sitting bull saying "palestine, we know how you feel"

or heard the comparison of US history and current israeli history using the term manifest destiny?

im NOT spreading intolerance.......but i know i never heard this stuff from injuns 40yrs ago, 30yrs ago, 20yrs ago or even 10yrs ago

especially with the resurgence of traditionalism and anti-christian sentiments i hear "go pray to your jew god" aimed at christian ndns

and even though i disagree with intolerance......i dont think some of these things said are entirely wrong

awhile back i was contacted by a jewish woman who wanted to "interview" me to give an ndn view because she said she experienced hostility towards her "jewry" (but not towards her person)...........either way i dont speak for every ndn, just myself....and i dont entirely trust her.....yes, partly because she is a jew and i dont know how she would spin it.....but mostly i didnt trust her because she was a non-indian......hell i rarely even trust fellow ndns these days so go figure
Old 09-03-2015, 09:46 PM   #44
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 47,820.15
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
Who the heck are you to tell people who they can and can't breed with? Just because someone is of mixed blood that doesn't make them a wannabe (a word that I suggest you look up the definition).

What tribe is "Tanya"?

I have more to say but I have to head out for an hour. Maybe I'll finish my thoughts when I get back or maybe tomorrow.

Quote:

Tanya is approximately half Indian from a well-known tribe in the eastern United States. Her indigenous and European ancestors intermarried.

You either IS or you wannabe.

rt - the jew never did anything for the NDN

Jack2011 :
You see , there you go again and still you don't say where that line is ??? You say (in horrible english by the way )" You either IS or you wannabe" Are you saying the line is Federal recognition (rules originally set forth by the white government and now dictated by federal government influenced tribal governments who are only as sovereign as the feds dictate )? Are quarter bloods ndns ? what about 1/8th ? Enlighten us oh educated one.

With that said , I'm pretty sure my children are ndn !
OLChemist, windanncer and gilisi like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-03-2015, 09:50 PM   #45
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighsalute View Post

mostly i didnt trust her because she was a non-indian......hell i rarely even trust fellow ndns these days so go figure
I agree with this !
windanncer and gilisi like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 09-03-2015, 10:08 PM   #46
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
Quote:
i wonder which physical characteristics? lemme guess her high cheekbones? and she NEVER burns in the sun?

lol......she probably would be able to prove it if the records werent lost in a fire somewhere in time

but thats another subject that can be discussed on a large number of existing threads here
I'll just go ahead and say something now !
My wife, eyesrbrown4areason, is an ndn woman. She can trace her family back over 500 years.She has a Great Grandmother that was issued a number on the CNO role. She is , however , not on the CNO role because said Great Grandmother died before the role closed , so she wasn't put on it.(Great Grandmother's siblings ARE on the CNO role)We will at some point , appeal that , but that's another story.The facts remain , she identifies as ndn , the community recognizes her as ndn , and I dare anyone to tell her she's not ! It always comes back to :where do you draw the line ? Is it right that my brother's children , who are 1/64th more ndn than mine and have nothing to do with ndn things are tribal members and mine , who embrace their heritage and culture and are not tribal members. So which ones are really ndn ? Think about that ! And remember also , in the old days, before outside influence we adopted outsiders into our tribe and they were considered fullbloods.
OLChemist, windanncer and gilisi like this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 09-03-2015, 10:12 PM   #47
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
Milehigh , I didn't like you at first , then I started liking you ! In spite of liking you I think your azzhats getting crooked ! You need to straighten it back up ! LOL
windanncer likes this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 09-03-2015, 10:17 PM   #48
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 71,318.40
Quote:
lemme make myself clear

i didnt pose the question to spread anti-semitism

i just noticed a huge surge of it lately when i talk to other natives

i mostly wanted everyones thoughts on it.....looks like a few other injuns also noticed it.....it usually comes from the younger folks or the ones who do alot of studying

i am not agreeing nor disagreeing with it......but its there....no use ignoring it
My rather crass post above yours wasn't directed at you or the thread in general - it was aimed at Jack.

As for the thread:
I haven't heard much antisemitism from the ndns out here or those that travel through the area other than a dislike for the historical connection between religion and assimilation, and genocide. For the modern Christians, Jews, etc, I don't see too much hate towards them from the ndn community except when someone is hiding their hate and devious ways behind the veil of religion. Most have dropped any belief in Christianity, but hilariously celebrate Christmas and Easter* because after all who doesn't like presents and candy. More and more people are leaning away from organized religions.

I have, however, heard a lot of dislike towards Israel and the geopolitical mess that is the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. They draw a parallel between the history of colonialism, borders being redrawn, land reallocation, and resettlement of Israel with the historical creation of the United States, the doctrine of discovery, and manifest destiny. Interestingly I heard some publicly praise Russian PM Vladimir Putin on his anti-Israel stance, which is despicable because Putin is one of the most oppressive maniacs the modern world has seen - he makes Dick Cheney and Karl Rove look sane.

*Christmas and Easter have their origins in Pagan traditions and were kind of appropriated into Christianity. Jesus was not born in December and the Easter bunny has its roots in symbolism for fertility and mating.*

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-2015, 02:22 AM   #49
Dances With Fat Chicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
Milehigh , I didn't like you at first , then I started liking you ! In spite of liking you I think your azzhats getting crooked ! You need to straighten it back up ! LOL
most people dont like me at first.......probably because i combine direct truth with making fun of them

but when they see consistency and pattern they see where i am coming from

i think?

i dunno.......maybe they just dont like the hat
Old 09-04-2015, 02:59 AM   #50
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
LOL I like the hat.....it fits you !
milehighsalute and gilisi like this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 09-04-2015, 03:30 AM   #51
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 51,821.65
Old post from @jack2011
Quote:
Culture always has been up for grabs. The very fact that we are communicating on this board using the English language and the Roman alphabet (which was derived from the Greek, which was derived from the Phoenician, which....) is proof of that. (and Arabic numerals, I might add).

Culture doesn't exist in a vacuum.

I can't speak any of those languages, but I can speak Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Tagolog, Visayan.
So you are native from the Philipines, and white?

Quote:
I don't think in those terms.
In fact "my people", one half of the family anyway, may be a lot closer to "your people" than you may think Maybe even the same culture (Anishinaabe?)

Were you talking about your wife here? Yes, yes you were...

Quote:
I have no interest in "living" something I am not. Not even if my wife happens to be a full blood Ojibwe (I don't think of her in those terms), and, in truth (other than blood) she is about as much "Indian" as I am. Not that she is ashamed of who she is, she was not raised that way, nor were her parents for that matter.
recent post from @jack2011

Quote:

moral: don't breed with whitey, blackie or asian. Don't be a wannabe. You either IS or you wannabe.

You said it jack.

good moral... SO your DAD should have worn a rubber?

I hope you ain't talking about your own kids.

Here is where I take issue with you... I have no problem with you being here on pws.com, I have no problem with you being Visayan, Philipino, or white...

I do, however, have a problem with being snubbed by chickenchits who make inflammatory statements and then leave. I have seen 2 old guys, and 2 not so old guys ask you DIRECT questions in response to your posts... and wha?? you post some more random racially charged garbage.

Look... I don't hate you, but MAN UP homer. Now if you came here humble, and said you as a Visayan enjoyed a powwow up north, I would be interested to hear what you enjoyed about it? Were there any similarities to your own culture?

As a moderator in these forums, I want to encourage you to engage in the conversations you are provoking. Otherwise you are nothing more than a bad commercial.

"Show me somethin"

Last edited by gilisi; 09-04-2015 at 08:39 AM..
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-2015, 02:02 PM   #52
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 100,184.91
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilisi View Post
Old post from @jack2011

So you are native from the Philipines, and white?

Were you talking about your wife here? Yes, yes you were...

recent post from @jack2011

You said it jack.

good moral... SO your DAD should have worn a rubber?

I hope you ain't talking about your own kids.

Here is where I take issue with you... I have no problem with you being here on pws.com, I have no problem with you being Visayan, Philipino, or white...

I do, however, have a problem with being snubbed by chickenchits who make inflammatory statements and then leave. I have seen 2 old guys, and 2 not so old guys ask you DIRECT questions in response to your posts... and wha?? you post some more random racially charged garbage.

Look... I don't hate you, but MAN UP homer. Now if you came here humble, and said you as a Visayan enjoyed a powwow up north, I would be interested to hear what you enjoyed about it? Were there any similarities to your own culture?

As a moderator in these forums, I want to encourage you to engage in the conversations you are provoking. Otherwise you are nothing more than a bad commercial.
Now see...this is a good post.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-09-2015, 03:11 PM   #53
Dances With Fat Chicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
My rather crass post above yours wasn't directed at you or the thread in general - it was aimed at Jack.

As for the thread:
I haven't heard much antisemitism from the ndns out here or those that travel through the area other than a dislike for the historical connection between religion and assimilation, and genocide. For the modern Christians, Jews, etc, I don't see too much hate towards them from the ndn community except when someone is hiding their hate and devious ways behind the veil of religion. Most have dropped any belief in Christianity, but hilariously celebrate Christmas and Easter* because after all who doesn't like presents and candy. More and more people are leaning away from organized religions.

I have, however, heard a lot of dislike towards Israel and the geopolitical mess that is the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. They draw a parallel between the history of colonialism, borders being redrawn, land reallocation, and resettlement of Israel with the historical creation of the United States, the doctrine of discovery, and manifest destiny. Interestingly I heard some publicly praise Russian PM Vladimir Putin on his anti-Israel stance, which is despicable because Putin is one of the most oppressive maniacs the modern world has seen - he makes Dick Cheney and Karl Rove look sane.

*Christmas and Easter have their origins in Pagan traditions and were kind of appropriated into Christianity. Jesus was not born in December and the Easter bunny has its roots in symbolism for fertility and mating.*
funny about putin

i dont like him either.....but he was fighting U.S. backed white supremist ukraine

and russia also had their interests tied up in israel, as well as US and UK and pretty much every country in the world....but russia is the first superpower to tell israel to take a hike so now the demonization of them is full throttle.....if every country told israel to take a hike they might actually try getting along with their neighbors....OR they will be wiped off the map......but i dont see that happening because they are our gateway to the middle east interests

i dont like rssia but i cant blame them for their recent choices

and eff israel!!!!!