Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life Ojibwemodaa, language learning software Ojibwemodaa, language learning software

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
K.Roach is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Ojibwemodaa, language learning software

Now Available!
*Ojibwemodaa
Learn Ojibwe with Ojibwemodaa, an immersion software program that uses video*conversations and engaging games to immerse the user in the Ojibwe language.

Download or Hard Copy Now Available at…

http://www.grassrootsindigenousmultimedia.org/

Learn in an Immersion Context
Watch video scenarios of native speakers in every-day situations. Slow down the sound to hear every nuance of speech, and turn the Ojibwe text or the English translation on or off as you watch. Move at your own pace.
Interactive Conversational Practice
Practice speaking using the prompts and integrated speech features, then record your voice and replay the whole conversation with the lines you've recorded.
Grammar Information at Your Fingertips
Quickly and easily access grammar information on any word you come across. Expand your knowledge of how a word is used in context. Find out the part of speech, how a word is inflected, or read a grammar tutorial.
Pronunciation Practice
Improve your pronunciation by listening to a native speaker and comparing with your own voice. The audio spectrograph will compare your pronunciation with the native speaker and provide feedback for improvement.*

Grassroots Indigenous Multimedia is a non-profit organization established for the purpose of collaborating to revitalize indigenous languages. To aid in the efforts of this movement, we create, produce, and distribute high quality indigenous language materials. Using cutting edge technologies, Grassroots Indigenous Multimedia aims to help close the gap between those who are trying to learn and the speakers of our indigenous languages.
K.Roach is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
Pow Wow Visitor

sorry for the spammy post, but I've just spent the last three years working on this and I'm very proud of the product.

Kevin
Old 03-08-2010, 12:37 AM   #3
Hola!

kgirl7 has a reputation beyond repute
kgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,424.50
I would like to know more about how you created this product, since I am working on my language as well and looking for ways in which technology can help. Is that your email posted on the site?
Old 03-08-2010, 12:59 AM   #4
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgirl7 View Post
I would like to know more about how you created this product, since I am working on my language as well and looking for ways in which technology can help. Is that your email posted on the site?
yeah, I'll get it if you post to the email on the website. We'd be happy to help you.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:08 AM   #5
Teepee Creepin near you

Items Treasure ChestElephantDevilPresent
soopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond repute
soopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 13,214.00
Savings: 1.00
Old 07-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
Pow Wow Visitor

twosnakes is an unknown quantity at this point
Kevin,

I only have a limited amount of money, so want to get the best I can on my budget. What advantage would your software be to an English only speaker over say the Pimsleur language CD's?

Thank You!

Jim
twosnakes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-25-2010, 01:27 PM   #7
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by twosnakes View Post
Kevin,

I only have a limited amount of money, so want to get the best I can on my budget. What advantage would your software be to an English only speaker over say the Pimsleur language CD's?

Thank You!

Jim

Jim,

I haven't actually used Pimsleur so can't make a good comparison. I believe it is mostly a list of words/translations that you can listen to on your cd player. We are a dvd to be played on the computer. We use video to immerse the user in native language, and a flashcard system to help in the initial memorization of words and phrases. Each short (5 minutes) video has 10-15 flashcard lists associated with it. And each list contains 10-20 words or phrases. If you learn all the lists in a lesson you'll be able to understand and repeat the conversation.

Some of the other features include games, pronunciation practice, an algorithm that tracks your progress and tests to help you determine how well you are doing. I don't believe Pimsleur includes these features.

I would suggest you download our free demo at:
GIM

It contains one video and the associated flashcard lists. Try it out and see how you like the system. If you really want to compare also get one of the short Pimsleur discs from Amazon for about 20 bucks. I'd really love to hear a user's comparison of the two products. In fact I'd trade a complete version of our software for a well-written review/comparison.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:32 AM   #8
Pow Wow Visitor

Jim,

I'd suggest trying our free demo at...

GIM

Then you can search here for addition free flashcard lists...

Shared Lists provided by Transparent Language Inc.

the lists are user generated and not always named the same. You should try searching for "Ojibwe, Ojibwemowin, Anishinabemowin, and Anishinabe."
Old 07-27-2010, 07:40 AM   #9
Pow Wow Visitor

twosnakes is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you, I downloaded the demo just this morning. After I play with it a bit, I will be glad to write a review of some sort.
twosnakes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links