Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree15Likes
  • 3 Post By wardancer
  • 3 Post By WhoMe
  • 1 Post By Hollywood-NDN -ES/LA
  • 1 Post By nicamarvin
  • 5 Post By WhoMe
  • 2 Post By nicamarvin

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life South American NDN's South American NDN's

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 08:09 AM   #1
.
 
Spiritflight's Avatar
 
Items TreePresentChange User Title
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,980
Blog Entries: 3
Credits: 15,297.41
Savings: 0.00
South American NDN's

They are brothers and sisters as well - recognise them people here. Unless they don't wish to be part of Powwows.com. What I mean is, I miss out on stories of the other native tribes that are from the other continent or island or countries. Is Powwows.com just for turtle island ndn's? Or perhaps it's because they - if they don't speak their own languages, speak another language? Is it a language problem? I was just wondering.
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
Me & Eyes are the best !
 
wardancer's Avatar
 
Items DevilPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E.Kansas (again) LOL
Posts: 15,950
Credits: 69,254.43
Savings: 1.00
It's pretty simple really.......what we have here is a site to welcome people of similar interests. Powwows and powwow people are common to the USA,and this site was to help educate people with those interests.It was NOT set up as an ndn only site (as some would like to think) nor is it an indigenous only site. It's a site for everyone , of all ages , and all backgrounds. It was , at one point , really popular and quite fun as well as educational. I think now people have found other places to have fun , and only a few diehards and new folks are still posting.I myself have been spending little time on the boards and more time in the arcade.Why , well it seems everyone that posts here (anymore) are looking to argue about something and everyone's always mad about something or someone.And I guess what's just as bad is the fact that we no longer care if we hurt someones feelings.....if they don't like it , so what ! I've found myself with that same attitude. Ooops , sorry for the rant , but you asked!

On with the bashing !
WhoMe, windanncer and Spiritflight like this.
__________________
I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !


They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !





There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #3
PauWau Coordinator
 
WhoMe's Avatar
 
Items Devil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Land of 370 Broken Treaties
Posts: 7,150
Credits: 11,582.70
Savings: 0.00
Spirit,

Powwows.com is for ALL individuals who are interested in Powwows. To the best of my knowledge, a powwow has not been held south of the equator, yet I have witnessed South American Indigenous peoples participating in powwows as dancers, vendors and spectators.

So to those from South America... WELCOME!!!
__________________
Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2014, 06:05 PM   #4
.
 
Spiritflight's Avatar
 
Items TreePresentChange User Title
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,980
Blog Entries: 3
Credits: 15,297.41
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
It's pretty simple really.......what we have here is a site to welcome people of similar interests. Powwows and powwow people are common to the USA,and this site was to help educate people with those interests.It was NOT set up as an ndn only site (as some would like to think) nor is it an indigenous only site. It's a site for everyone , of all ages , and all backgrounds. It was , at one point , really popular and quite fun as well as educational. I think now people have found other places to have fun , and only a few diehards and new folks are still posting.I myself have been spending little time on the boards and more time in the arcade.Why , well it seems everyone that posts here (anymore) are looking to argue about something and everyone's always mad about something or someone.And I guess what's just as bad is the fact that we no longer care if we hurt someones feelings.....if they don't like it , so what ! I've found myself with that same attitude. Ooops , sorry for the rant , but you asked!

On with the bashing !
Thank you, I know it's a site for education as well as for everyone. I was just curious that are not so many posts to be found here about of from or with the tribes of the south americas or if you like other natives Hawaiian's - oh well, thanks for caring to answer.
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2014, 06:06 PM   #5
.
 
Spiritflight's Avatar
 
Items TreePresentChange User Title
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,980
Blog Entries: 3
Credits: 15,297.41
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
Spirit,

Powwows.com is for ALL individuals who are interested in Powwows. To the best of my knowledge, a powwow has not been held south of the equator, yet I have witnessed South American Indigenous peoples participating in powwows as dancers, vendors and spectators.

So to those from South America... WELCOME!!!
Thank you for your reply.
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-23-2014, 06:08 PM   #6
.
 
Spiritflight's Avatar
 
Items TreePresentChange User Title
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,980
Blog Entries: 3
Credits: 15,297.41
Savings: 0.00
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2014, 06:50 AM   #7
Tiny Tot Dancer
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Hollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond repute
Hollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 35
Credits: 1,224.37
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritflight View Post
Thank you, I know it's a site for education as well as for everyone. I was just curious that are not so many posts to be found here about of from or with the tribes of the south americas or if you like other natives Hawaiian's - oh well, thanks for caring to answer.
That makes me think, wouldn't a pow wow luau be great :p
Spiritflight likes this.
Hollywood-NDN -ES/LA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2014, 04:20 PM   #8
.
 
Spiritflight's Avatar
 
Items TreePresentChange User Title
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,980
Blog Entries: 3
Credits: 15,297.41
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood-NDN -ES/LA View Post
That makes me think, wouldn't a pow wow luau be great :p
Try it.
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2014, 09:57 AM   #9
Tiny Tot Dancer
 
nicamarvin's Avatar
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
nicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 28
Credits: 325.31
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritflight View Post
They are brothers and sisters as well - recognise them people here. Unless they don't wish to be part of Powwows.com. What I mean is, I miss out on stories of the other native tribes that are from the other continent or island or countries. Is Powwows.com just for turtle island ndn's? Or perhaps it's because they - if they don't speak their own languages, speak another language? Is it a language problem? I was just wondering.
I am from Central America and I really like Powwows, so thanks
Spiritflight likes this.
nicamarvin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #10
PauWau Coordinator
 
WhoMe's Avatar
 
Items Devil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Land of 370 Broken Treaties
Posts: 7,150
Credits: 11,582.70
Savings: 0.00
Lately I have been going to South America to learn and interact with our Indigenous brothers and sisters. So far I have been to Brazil, Guyana, Venezuela, Peru and Ecuador. I have also been involved in State Department webcasts to South American counsulates to share our North American culture. While in Ecuador in June 2014 I met with our Native brothers and sisters from the coast, jungles and Andes to teach them how to interview and record their elders and those with indigenous knowledge.
__________________
Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2014, 04:40 PM   #11
Tiny Tot Dancer
 
nicamarvin's Avatar
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
nicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 28
Credits: 325.31
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
Lately I have been going to South America to learn and interact with our Indigenous brothers and sisters. So far I have been to Brazil, Guyana, Venezuela, Peru and Ecuador. I have also been involved in State Department webcasts to South American counsulates to share our North American culture. While in Ecuador in June 2014 I met with our Native brothers and sisters from the coast, jungles and Andes to teach them how to interview and record their elders and those with indigenous knowledge.
oh wow how nice and cool is that... thanks
WhoMe and windanncer like this.
nicamarvin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
South Dakota commits shocking genocide against Native Americans LeannB News 0 06-05-2013 04:30 PM
Oglala Tribe may get control of Badlands South Unit Historian Native Issues 1 04-22-2008 12:54 PM
International Law Protects Native American Interests Blackbear Native Issues 2 04-17-2006 05:43 AM
South Dakota passes anti-woman law Historian Native Issues 4 03-16-2006 10:10 AM

    

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Join PowWows.com Today!

Your Guide to Native American Pow Wows Since 1996

Register For Free

Enjoy the benefits of being a member of PowWows.com!

Join our Native American online community focused on Pow Wow singing, dancing, crafts, Native American music, Native American videos, and more.

Add your Pow Wow to our Calendar

Share your photos and videos

Play games, enter contests, and much more!






New Threads

Pow Wow Calendar Search

 
Month: Year:

Location:
Facebook Profile Images

Videos

Featured Articles

Dance Styles

Crafts

Gallery