Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree15Likes
  • 3 Post By wardancer
  • 3 Post By WhoMe
  • 1 Post By Hollywood-NDN -ES/LA
  • 1 Post By nicamarvin
  • 5 Post By WhoMe
  • 2 Post By nicamarvin

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life South American NDN's South American NDN's

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 08:09 AM   #1

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Credits: 15,297.41
Savings: 0.00
South American NDN's

They are brothers and sisters as well - recognise them people here. Unless they don't wish to be part of Powwows.com. What I mean is, I miss out on stories of the other native tribes that are from the other continent or island or countries. Is Powwows.com just for turtle island ndn's? Or perhaps it's because they - if they don't speak their own languages, speak another language? Is it a language problem? I was just wondering.
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 69,254.43
Savings: 1.00
It's pretty simple really.......what we have here is a site to welcome people of similar interests. Powwows and powwow people are common to the USA,and this site was to help educate people with those interests.It was NOT set up as an ndn only site (as some would like to think) nor is it an indigenous only site. It's a site for everyone , of all ages , and all backgrounds. It was , at one point , really popular and quite fun as well as educational. I think now people have found other places to have fun , and only a few diehards and new folks are still posting.I myself have been spending little time on the boards and more time in the arcade.Why , well it seems everyone that posts here (anymore) are looking to argue about something and everyone's always mad about something or someone.And I guess what's just as bad is the fact that we no longer care if we hurt someones feelings.....if they don't like it , so what ! I've found myself with that same attitude. Ooops , sorry for the rant , but you asked!

On with the bashing !
WhoMe, windanncer and Spiritflight like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #3
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,582.70
Spirit,

Powwows.com is for ALL individuals who are interested in Powwows. To the best of my knowledge, a powwow has not been held south of the equator, yet I have witnessed South American Indigenous peoples participating in powwows as dancers, vendors and spectators.

So to those from South America... WELCOME!!!
Old 01-15-2014, 06:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
It's pretty simple really.......what we have here is a site to welcome people of similar interests. Powwows and powwow people are common to the USA,and this site was to help educate people with those interests.It was NOT set up as an ndn only site (as some would like to think) nor is it an indigenous only site. It's a site for everyone , of all ages , and all backgrounds. It was , at one point , really popular and quite fun as well as educational. I think now people have found other places to have fun , and only a few diehards and new folks are still posting.I myself have been spending little time on the boards and more time in the arcade.Why , well it seems everyone that posts here (anymore) are looking to argue about something and everyone's always mad about something or someone.And I guess what's just as bad is the fact that we no longer care if we hurt someones feelings.....if they don't like it , so what ! I've found myself with that same attitude. Ooops , sorry for the rant , but you asked!

On with the bashing !
Thank you, I know it's a site for education as well as for everyone. I was just curious that are not so many posts to be found here about of from or with the tribes of the south americas or if you like other natives Hawaiian's - oh well, thanks for caring to answer.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
Spirit,

Powwows.com is for ALL individuals who are interested in Powwows. To the best of my knowledge, a powwow has not been held south of the equator, yet I have witnessed South American Indigenous peoples participating in powwows as dancers, vendors and spectators.

So to those from South America... WELCOME!!!
Thank you for your reply.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:08 PM   #6

Old 07-09-2014, 06:50 AM   #7
Tiny Tot Dancer

Hollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond repute
Hollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,224.37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritflight View Post
Thank you, I know it's a site for education as well as for everyone. I was just curious that are not so many posts to be found here about of from or with the tribes of the south americas or if you like other natives Hawaiian's - oh well, thanks for caring to answer.
That makes me think, wouldn't a pow wow luau be great :p
Spiritflight likes this.
Hollywood-NDN -ES/LA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2014, 04:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood-NDN -ES/LA View Post
That makes me think, wouldn't a pow wow luau be great :p
Try it.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:57 AM   #9
Tiny Tot Dancer

nicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 325.31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritflight View Post
They are brothers and sisters as well - recognise them people here. Unless they don't wish to be part of Powwows.com. What I mean is, I miss out on stories of the other native tribes that are from the other continent or island or countries. Is Powwows.com just for turtle island ndn's? Or perhaps it's because they - if they don't speak their own languages, speak another language? Is it a language problem? I was just wondering.
I am from Central America and I really like Powwows, so thanks
Spiritflight likes this.
nicamarvin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #10
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,582.70
Lately I have been going to South America to learn and interact with our Indigenous brothers and sisters. So far I have been to Brazil, Guyana, Venezuela, Peru and Ecuador. I have also been involved in State Department webcasts to South American counsulates to share our North American culture. While in Ecuador in June 2014 I met with our Native brothers and sisters from the coast, jungles and Andes to teach them how to interview and record their elders and those with indigenous knowledge.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:40 PM   #11
Tiny Tot Dancer

nicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond reputenicamarvin has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 325.31
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
Lately I have been going to South America to learn and interact with our Indigenous brothers and sisters. So far I have been to Brazil, Guyana, Venezuela, Peru and Ecuador. I have also been involved in State Department webcasts to South American counsulates to share our North American culture. While in Ecuador in June 2014 I met with our Native brothers and sisters from the coast, jungles and Andes to teach them how to interview and record their elders and those with indigenous knowledge.
oh wow how nice and cool is that... thanks
WhoMe and windanncer like this.
nicamarvin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links