Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree47Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life south american twinkies south american twinkies

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #21
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 35,780.15
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighsalute View Post
so what do the white people think? would you actually support natives or would you be bedazzled and defending the imposters with protests of "mitukuye oyasin"?
(go ahead and answer....i know there are tons of you here lurking or pretending youre indian)
Okay. I’ll bite, although I’ve never pretended to be NDN and wouldn’t try to school someone about their own culture, especially with talk of messy tacos.

Quote:
what does everyone think of the groups of south americans that dress as northern plains tribes and get gigs in europe and other places in south america??
It would depend on the context and exactly what is being claimed. If it is a staged exhibition/demonstration of e.g., North American NDN Dance…meh. To my mind, that is theatre. In that case, personal identity is generally irrelevant, the only requirement is that the actors be able to perform with reasonable accuracy. In the same way, if I went to see, say an exhibition of flamenco, I really wouldn’t care if any of the dancers were Spanish, Roma or Japanese for that matter. I would only care about their skill at flamenco. However, if the background/tribal identity of the dancers is mentioned at all, then I expect the truth. If the stage is full of Shu’ar, don’t advertise/tell me that they’re Lakota. That would be fraudulent, and I wouldn’t appreciate being lied to.

If it’s a situation of: Pay us money and we’ll let you take part in a “traditional Lakota sweatlodge.” Well, that’s another story. If I were going to take part in anything labeled traditional, I would care more about the background of the “host.” If the host weren’t Lakota himself, I would wonder about how credible the claims of “traditional” are – and would wonder how the h someone who grew up in the Andes knows about traditional Lakota practices. But then, I wouldn’t pay for the privilege of taking part in a traveling “sacred” roadshow. If I were personally asked to take part by Lakota who knew me, I would be honored. But otherwise, if I get the urge to take a holy bath…well, my people already have that. It’s called a mikveh, and I’ll just call up the rabbi in San Antonio and arrange to use the one down there. That is what is culturally relevant to me.

Overall, my attitude is one of buyer beware. But I do understand NDN resentment of such practices. If there were a “traveling Jew show” inviting people to take part in sacred Jewish ceremonies – I would expect the hosts to be Jewish, and would be very suspicious of their motives if they weren’t. Jew or Gentile, if they advertised it as being “authentic” and it was really just made-up b.s., I’d be royally pssed at the misinformation being spread about my people.

If these South Americans are playing on the streets and begging for money…I don’t have much use for beggars regardless of their “act” or ethnicity.

But those are all theoretical. It really would depend on the specific circumstances, but I would probably remain neutral. It is not my place to pass judgment on cultural issues that don’t belong to me.
RDNKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #22
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
And I think many Natives believe they are defined by how they were born (unable or unwilling to exercise the right to be whoever they want to be) and that by allowing such, when they die, their life has been wasted.

But that's a different discussion.
True enough Zeke. I am born a raven clan member, that I cannot change. I can however, change what I do with my life. White folks wanting to be a romanticised plains tribal member instead of say .. a white European, is not very productive.
windanncer likes this.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #23
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 35,780.15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritflight View Post
Multikinkies?
I've been called multikinky before - but that has nothing to do with NDNs!

Quote:
B.t.w - that's me and my Exhubby
@Spiritflight - Nice picture of you and your ex.
windanncer and Spiritflight like this.
RDNKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #24
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,523.66
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaahl View Post
True enough Zeke. I am born a raven clan member, that I cannot change. I can however, change what I do with my life. White folks wanting to be a romanticised plains tribal member instead of say .. a white European, is not very productive.
USA has 50 Million WHITE HillBilly's / Rednecks / Okies / and Confederates that proudly fly the "Stars & Bars" and sing "Dixie"

"...Way Down In The Land of Cotton..Old Times There ARE NOT FORGOTTEN."

Things would have been better if they were romanticized Indians OR white Europeans

Yes, what ever European cultures each descended from...it was forgotten
windanncer likes this.
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #25
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 31,977.76
the reason i asked what everyone would do is because all my lakota friends look at the videos and say they would "kick their asses" but i dont see any danger of that happening because i dont see groups like this travelling to the united states....EVER

just like the examples in the above post of ceremony selling most of these people operate far away from any indians
milehighsalute is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #26
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,523.66
Quote:
Yes - you are so right in everything you say about me.

B.t.w - that's me and my Exhubby - ah no - it's a lie - got hold of the picture somewhere as I am so fond of - how did you name it? *******. No really I ****all of them. Not just a few, since I am a p***** b*****. I don't believe in goodness and beauty and honesty and everything the like. Happy now?

OK, since you posted this photo...

You were married to a U.S. citizen....most spouses of U.S. citizens get "green cards". Don't answer if you don't want to.
windanncer likes this.
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #27
LBGOOD2U

Items DevilPresentPresent
lbgood has a reputation beyond repute
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,007.25
Quote:

B.t.w - that's me and my Exhubby

WOW, @Ta'neeszahnii Techno looks really young in that photo, great picture thanks for sharing
lbgood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #28
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,980.51
Quote:
the reason i asked what everyone would do is because all my lakota friends look at the videos and say they would "kick their asses" but i dont see any danger of that happening because i dont see groups like this travelling to the united states....EVER
I don't see any danger of your "lakota friends" kicking any asses, either.

Lots of reasons for that, I just don't see it happening.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #29
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 31,977.76
Quote:
I don't see any danger of your "lakota friends" kicking any asses, either.

Lots of reasons for that, I just don't see it happening.
yeah its easy to talk of kicking the *** of someone you know you will never see in your lifetime
milehighsalute is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #30

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Credits: 15,502.60
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNKJ View Post
I've been called multikinky before - but that has nothing to do with NDNs!

@Spiritflight - Nice picture of you and your ex.
Thank you.
windanncer and RDNKJ like this.
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post
OK, since you posted this photo...

You were married to a U.S. citizen....most spouses of U.S. citizens get "green cards". Don't answer if you don't want to.
K - was in the middle of it - bad white MIL gave me hell - bad best friend of Exhubby gave me hell - bad white bro of Exhubby gave me hell - so I fled the country went back to Germany b4 the year for the interview was over. Got work - new place to live in Germany, Exhubby came to live with me - I helped him getting work, papers in order - school for learning german - so we lived in Germany most of the time. Then with his agreement I searched for and found his NDN family and now he's having an NDN girlfriend and seems happy.

Neither him nor me would ever have separated if it wasn't an issue of the booze he took and whatever happened. So I didn't get green card and it does not matter really since I am going to stay in Germany for the rest of my life anyway - unless it'd be possible to move back. Too difficult financially speaking and I don't know... don't like to say more on this.
windanncer likes this.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:36 AM   #32
Champion Dancer

Items DollGuitar
renia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond repute
renia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 26,122.98
south american twinkies

I do not like it, some people in Poland do not distinguish between cultures NDN, they think that what they show is authentic, I think it is a scam based on the ignorance of others, and push the other( kit) (gently writing) is not true

I used to want to write on this topic
renia58 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgood View Post
WOW, @Ta'neeszahnii Techno looks really young in that photo, great picture thanks for sharing
- gasping -
windanncer likes this.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #34
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
Credits: 92,462.18
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yes - you are so right in everything you say about me.

B.t.w - that's me and my Exhubby - ah no - it's a lie - got hold of the picture somewhere as I am so fond of - how did you name it? *******. No really I ****all of them. Not just a few, since I am a p***** b*****. I don't believe in goodness and beauty and honesty and everything the like. Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgood View Post
Quote:
- gasping -
@lbgood, you are so right!!

@Spiritflight, you did a nice job "photoshopping" me in!!
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #35
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,584.70
I saw my first South American traditional dancers with bustles at a powwow two weeks ago. One of them even blew a whistle on a drum!

I wonder how long it will take for a powwow to take place south of the equator?
Old 06-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
@lbgood, you are so right!!

@Spiritflight, you did a nice job "photoshopping" me in!!
Huh - ?
Old 06-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #37

One more thing - my Exhubby - he got raised in an non NDN-Family but he's such a great guy. He said he's Lakota but when I found his native birth mother, she said he's Dakota and a decendent from Crazy Horse. Now, white men's booze has to ruin everything! I am glad, when my Exhubby's happy with his NDN girlfriend, but I am sad that the alcohol he took before he met me and after, occasionally but heavy - had to destroy everything! Neither him nor me wanted so separate. And then, when we had planned to meet his native family combinded with a big Powwow in ND my worklplace, this University I worked for did not give me holiday time off as the head secretary usually takes her holidays in the same time I just wanted my holidays just for once to got with him to Dakota to meet his NDN family - but no the Universtity female boss said no to me, I had to stay in the office - and now..... I jacked the place many years ago and live a life in poverty. Okay internet is the only luxery I can have - thanks God - thanks the Great Spirit!
Old 06-30-2013, 04:39 AM   #38
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,980.51
Quote:
Now, white men's booze has to ruin everything!
That is 100%, without question, absolutely b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t.

To begin with, to call spirits "white men's" is to not know the full history of spirits. Second, that we failed to use them within reserved ministrations is not hot the fault of any producer.

Just sayin'.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #39

Quote:
That is 100%, without question, absolutely b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t.

To begin with, to call spirits "white men's" is to not know the full history of spirits. Second, that we failed to use them within reserved ministrations is not hot the fault of any producer.

Just sayin'.
Hm... I was talking about alcoholic drinks how drinking ruins lives of people and as far as I know was it the white people who produced alcoholic drinks en large first, but maybe I am wrong. When alcohol is named a drug, then I meant drug abuse ruins people when they are prone to addiction.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #40
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Quote:
Hm... I was talking about alcoholic drinks how drinking ruins lives of people and as far as I know was it the white people who produced alcoholic drinks en large first, but maybe I am wrong. When alcohol is named a drug, then I meant drug abuse ruins people when they are prone to addiction.
Sigh... if you are going to make a comment as you have above, please do a small amount of research on fermented and distilled alcohol. Northerners have been making spruce beer for centuries. Fermented alcohol is not exclusive to just white guys. Many, many cultures have developed fermented and distilled spirits. Ever had Indian Whiskey? Yup, made right in the heartland of Buddha... horrible tasting stuff but it's theirs. Ancient Egyptians also made a fermented drink... it is arrogant to think that only the white man could possibly be smart enough to throw in a few grains, add some yeast and wait for the bubbles...(let's stop and think about who introduced a very important grain to those same whote guys way back when... hmm.. corn ringing a bell)

Fermentation is a process often used by cultures to purify their water supply. In the absence of clean water, the people drink the fermented liquid.

Now, I have suggested a number of books in a previous thread, have you even tried to find copies and read some of them?
windanncer likes this.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links