Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree47Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life south american twinkies south american twinkies

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #61
Dances With Fat Chicks

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 31,977.76
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by incanwarriorshur View Post
i don't know if people are seeing this post if so reply, but yea iam a south American indigenous Indian and i believe its wrong to wear another tribes clothing but here the thing.. what can an indian do when their tribe has bin completely wiped out culture language way of life land taken by the white man,, the north american indians your missing an important thing we both have in common we had our lands taken our language destroyed our women raped during the process of take over..we were forced to talk Spanish just like your people were forced to talk English our change in religion every thing in common, what dont you understand.. while you north Indians are calling us wanna be's why do we look indigenous then huh,,, if we were white people then you could call us wanna be's but were not ,,we have a culture we had our native language but it was taken from us.. we lost the war between Europe our people were burned and mauled by dogs infected by small pox we are extinct only because we speak Spanish our people of the south are extinct Incas those were our people and their was other tribes on that land i never got to know my true culture and its sad it hurts me the fact that ill never know how to speak my first native language or know the history about my people so can myself be a warrior instead of a ****ing ***** *** Spaniard...iam indigenous my peoples way may be extinct but i wish most north American Indians would accept us as an American indian of the south once indigenous always indigenous iam proud to represent my culture even if the rest of Ecuador ill be the rezerected incan warrior.. IAM NOT SPANISH IAM NOT LATINO GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEADS FOR THOSE WHO SAY TWINKIES OR FAKE INDIANS WHAT EVER.. I LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES BUT iAm A NATIVE FROM ECUADOR I DON'T LOOK NOTHING LIKE A WHITE MAN I POSSIBLY HAVE A LITTLE WHITE BLOOD IN ME CAUSE OF RAPE BUT I REPRESENT MY TRUE LOST CULTURE AND IF YOU GOTA PROBLEM WITH THAT THIS SOUTH AMERICAN INDIAN HAS NO PROBLEM UNLEASHING SOME RAGE ONTO THOSE WHO DOUGHT US MOST OF US N THE SOUTH ACTUALLY WANNA REPRESENT THE OLD WAYS>>>>>
I created this thread so ill address this......I know South America is filled with natives......I even give the Peruvians and equadorians full credit as fellow natives..........as well as the I devious of other countries in the Southern Hemisphere.......they are twinkies I am talking about are a number of "troupes" that are entertaining other non-natives about a culture they know NOTHING about....

There is a difference between a umatilla (who been around powwows their whole life) taking up fancy dancing or a Navajo straight dancing or Kickapoo girl jingle dress dancing......powwow culture may not be our old cultural ways but they are now our cultural ways for at least a century.....but one thing for sure we al respect the style we dance in, we don't try to misappropriate or misrepresent it in any way

Would I be able to slap on a corny imitation of inca regalia and make up dances and make money touring Europe or elsewhere marketing myself as a traditional Incan? .....probably......it's too easy.....BUT what kind of welcome would I receive if I popped up on videos everywhere and I was getting invited and paid to go to the four corners of the earth? Let me step it up.....what if by adding insult to injury I decided not to learn any bit of Incan culture or history.....just plain refused to.......would it be ok if I did that? I'm native too.....so does that give me the right?
milehighsalute is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #62
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
Wow. I bet you're no taller than 5'5'...like Napolean.

First, welcome to powwows.com. Welcomes are important.

Now, how do you figure you are are a descendant of a lost/annihalated/destroyed/extinct culture, when I know it's still alive? My mom and dad divorced and my mother married a Peruvian dude. I heard him speaking Quechua, the language of the ancient Incas.

Look at this link and tell me the Inca people are dead and gone.

https://www.google.com/search?q=inca...w=1350&bih=533

I think, maybe, you don't know your own people, nor have made the effort to know your own people and just want to vent. That is cool.

If you want to know who you are, go to your ancestral lands. Peru is only a plane flight away. If you're really Inca, then your people will definately take care of you.

Indigenous is Indigenous wherever you go. Decades ago, a family of Indigenous NDNs from Tennessee (where are the Printups from? lol) were in Mexico City with some Indigenous people from Mexico City. We're walking down the street and some grandmas cornered two of the Printup boys and started talking Spanish to them.

Indigenous is as Indigenous is. It can't be taken away.

I think you haven't checked into your cultural roots as deep as you can and justify it by saying, "My culture is dead/destroyed/blah, blah, blah and I can't find it". That's BUNK! It sounds like when white people say, "My GGGGG parents hid in them thar hills, and by the way, they were kinda light-skinned, so they went for white...and here I am...all blond hair n blue-eyed from my irish side."

As Zeke would say, "I call b u l l s h i t !

If it's that important to you get your a$$ out of Brooklynn or wherever you live and go find your kind. I know for a fact they are not dead.

Start by asking your parents, "De donde venimos?"
I believe first step anyone should make in reconnecting with cultural roots is to move to Miami Oklahoma to be with their own kind
wardancer and Toolbox like this.
milehighsalute is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-23-2014, 04:06 PM   #63
Dances With Fat Chicks

Indianer musik 50 - YouTube

Native Americans - "Imagenes" - in Pärnu, 3 - YouTube