Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life Taino - Ta'kahi (Greetings) Taino - Ta'kahi (Greetings)

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
Taino Woman

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
dolphin22860 is a splendid one to beholddolphin22860 is a splendid one to beholddolphin22860 is a splendid one to beholddolphin22860 is a splendid one to beholddolphin22860 is a splendid one to behold
Location: North Georgia Mountain similar to the mountains of Puerto Rico
Credits: 923.25
Savings: 0.00
Cool Taino - Ta'kahi (Greetings)

I am trying to reach out to all Taino's and Caribbean Indian here in the United States, If you are Taino or know someone who is, please direct them to this site.
The people of the Caribbean islands such as Taino's were the ones Christopher Columbus came upon first. We were called Indians first known as Indios.
With the year starting out with the Census, the Taino people have been added to the census since 2000. We would like to help list all the people who have native blood in them and have been told some of their history concerning the caribbean island, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Bimini, etc...
I would like to hear from you and possible direct you to other sites, that will help you find more information about the people of the Caribbean islands, we are not extinct, we are here and never left...
Oma'bahari
with respect
Mamona
Old 02-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,487.66
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin22860 View Post
I am trying to reach out to all Taino's and Caribbean Indian here in the United States, If you are Taino or know someone who is, please direct them to this site.
The people of the Caribbean islands such as Taino's were the ones Christopher Columbus came upon first. We were called Indians first known as Indios.
With the year starting out with the Census, the Taino people have been added to the census since 2000. We would like to help list all the people who have native blood in them and have been told some of their history concerning the caribbean island, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Bimini, etc...
I would like to hear from you and possible direct you to other sites, that will help you find more information about the people of the Caribbean islands, we are not extinct, we are here and never left...
Oma'bahari
with respect
Mamona
Bienvenidos. Quite a few of my coworkers are from Borike'n, and a few friends are there now.

With all respect, how will the Census define who can claim Taino?

Most of my friends from La Isla Del Encanto talk about the "three bloods" of their ancestry. When you meet an entire family (couple of generations) you can see this, but everybody is "mas boricua que el coqui'"

Respectfully,

AK
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
Taino Woman

dolphin22860 is a splendid one to beholddolphin22860 is a splendid one to beholddolphin22860 is a splendid one to beholddolphin22860 is a splendid one to beholddolphin22860 is a splendid one to behold
Location: North Georgia Mountain similar to the mountains of Puerto Rico
Credits: 923.25
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post
Bienvenidos. Quite a few of my coworkers are from Borike'n, and a few friends are there now.

With all respect, how will the Census define who can claim Taino?

Most of my friends from La Isla Del Encanto talk about the "three bloods" of their ancestry. When you meet an entire family (couple of generations) you can see this, but everybody is "mas boricua que el coqui'"

Respectfully,

AK
Yes this is true some if not most have one, two or three links, but in some cases as in mine and others we identify more with one or another, If you have Taino blood in your family and you understand that most people are of mixed decent, but you identify with the indian side and most see that they have kept the ways alive in the own life you will be surprise how much they are Taino..look into how the Spanish adopted the ways of the people as well as the Africians it does not take away the heritage just how you are, just be proud of your lineage...check out the site UCTP.org for info..this should help
Old 02-04-2010, 03:12 AM   #4
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,487.66
Savings: 1.00
I'll pass the word to those I know. Good to see the Taino identity being counted.

Con todo respeto,

AK