Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree3Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life What is the meaning behind a Native growing hair long? What is the meaning behind a Native growing hair long?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 11:37 PM   #101
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
BigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond repute
BigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Professor Maurice Phipps, you da man!
Old 01-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #102
Pow Wow Visitor

chet69 is a splendid one to beholdchet69 is a splendid one to beholdchet69 is a splendid one to beholdchet69 is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 334.96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
I think guys with long hair oughta be made to cut their hair n look like white people!!!

So there!

I gotta go now.
Yo, I'm not bald and I can't grow a beard so there's no way anyone would say I look like a white man. lol

I can't deal with the high maintenance long hair would involve and it's too dang cold now.
chet69 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #103
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,759.57
Anyone ever think some NdNs - Loooone time ago - had long hair because they didn't have access to corner barber shops, hair salons or high priced boutiques???

Grits,

I had a mullet years before the word was even invented!

(Now it's just long, even and silky!)
windanncer and gilisi like this.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:52 PM   #104
Banned

Toltec Nagual is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 267.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post
I don't think for most it was spiritual to have the long hair... just you can't wear braids or some decorations in short hair. Sometimes the hairstyle identified your nationality. But the cutting off of indian hair by boarding schools and such was a spirit breaker because we were proud of our good looks and our beautiful hair and by them cutting it off it was saying now you are just like us and not the stinky ugly savage you used to be. And getting hair cut is such a personal thing too... Just this past spring I decided to just do it and got my hair cut above the shoulder (slightly) and donated to locks of love 17 inches of braided black hair. Im sure there's a sweet child out there now with a pretty wig but I was regretting it a week later and decided to grow it back out then and there. besides.. I got a shag haircut and had NO CLUE how to style it so it's just been in this little pony tail ever since.....lol
A friendly warning: Be careful about donating your hair for wigs unless you want to risk your hair being worn by a black person.
Toltec Nagual is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-29-2017, 06:29 AM   #105
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 100,184.91
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toltec Nagual View Post
A friendly warning: Be careful about donating your hair for wigs unless you want to risk your hair being worn by a black person.
Tell us more of a black person wearing my hair if I donate it.

Are you saying a black person wants to have straight hair?

What is the meaning, in the cosmic world, of a Mexican person painting their hair blonde.

Ever seen 'Los Cosmicos'?
windanncer likes this.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-29-2017, 04:34 PM   #106
Banned

Toltec Nagual is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 267.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
Tell us more of a black person wearing my hair if I donate it.

Are you saying a black person wants to have straight hair?

What is the meaning, in the cosmic world, of a Mexican person painting their hair blonde.

Ever seen 'Los Cosmicos'?
The cosmic definition of hair is "social image to others."

That means that if you dream about something happening to your hair, then your dream is saying something is happening to your social image to others.

The cosmic definition of hair when you are awake is also "social image to others."

The problem arises when someone who is a different race begins to masquerade as your social image because you donated your hair for a wig that the other race now wears. This is the basis for the superstitions such as voodoo, where someone takes what is yours that person is now an impersonator, an imposter of sorts.

With regard to hair texture desires of black people, I cannot reply about the "social image to others" desires of another race.

With regard to a Mexican person stripping their hair of color to appear blond, I have a theory but it is "forbidden knowledge." I will attempt to post it, but the moderator currently has three of my messages quarantined and I don't know if the moderator will approve this theory about hair color.

One of the quarantined message has to do with hair care according to the Mayan Calendar.

I hope this helps, Joe's Dad
Toltec Nagual is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links