Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree46Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Entertainment Iron Eyes Cody Iron Eyes Cody

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2015, 03:07 PM   #1
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 85,198.26
Savings: 1.00
Iron Eyes Cody

http://priceonomics.com/the-true-story-of-the-crying-indian/

The True Story of 'The Crying Indian'

On Earth Day, 1971, nonprofit organization Keep America Beautiful launched what the Ad Council would later call one of the “50 greatest commercials of all time.” Dubbed “The Crying Indian,” the one-minute PSA features a Native American man paddling down a junk-infested river, surrounded by smog, pollution, and trash; as he hauls his canoe onto the plastic-infested shore, a bag of rubbish is tossed from a car window, exploding at his feet. The camera then pans to the Indian’s cheerless face just as a single tear rolls down his cheek.

The ad, which sought to combat pollution, was widely successful: It secured two Clio awards, incited a frenzy of community involvement, and helped reduce litter by 88% across 38 states. Its star performer, a man who went by the name “Iron Eyes Cody,” subsequently became the “face of Native Indians,” and was honored with a star on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame. Advertisers estimate that his face, plastered on billboards, posters, and magazine ads, has been viewed 14 billion times, easily making him the most recognizable Native American figure of the century.

But while Hollywood trumpeted Iron Eyes Cody as a “true Native American” and profited from his ubiquitous image, the man himself harbored an unspoken secret: he was 100% Italian.
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2015, 03:17 PM   #2
On The Rocks

AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
America's Favorite Indian

Long before his fame in the 1970s, Iron Eyes Cody had carved out a niche for himself in Hollywood’s Western film community as “the noble Indian.” With his striking, “indigenous” looks, he perfectly fit the bill for what producers were looking for -- and his story correlated. Until the late 1990s, Iron Eyes’ personal history (provided solely by himself) was that he’d descended from a Cherokee father and a Cree mother, and had been born under the name “Little Eagle.” An old archived article filed in the Glendale Special Collections library elaborates on his account:

“Iron Eyes learned much of his Indian lore in the days when, as a youth, he toured the country with his father, Thomas Long Plume, in a wild west show. During his travels, he taught himself the sign language of other tribes of Indians.”

From 1930 to the late 1980s, Iron Eyes starred in a variety of Western films alongside the likes of John Wayne, Steve McQueen, and Ronald Reagan. Clad in headdresses and traditional garb, he portrayed Crazy Horse in Sitting Bull (1954), galloped through the plains in The Great Sioux Massacre (1965), and appeared in over 100 television programs. When major motion picture houses needed to verify the authenticity of tribal dances and attire, Iron Eyes was brought in as a consultant. He even provided the “ancestral chanting” on Joni Mitchell’s 1988 album, Chalk Mark in a Rainstorm.

By all accounts, he was Hollywood’s -- and America’s -- favorite Native American.

But several (real) Native American actors soon came to doubt Iron Eyes’ authenticity. Jay Silverheels, the Indian actor who played “Tonto” in The Lone Ranger, pointed out inaccuracies in Iron Eyes’ story; Running Deer, a Native American stuntman, agreed that there was something strangely off-putting about the man’s heritage. It wasn’t until years later that these doubts were affirmed.
Spiritflight and Siobhanni like this.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:18 PM   #3
On The Rocks

The Italian Cherokee

In 1996, a journalist with The New Orleans Times-Picayune ventured to Gueydan, Louisiana, the small town Iron Eyes had allegedly grown up in, and sought out his heritage. Here, it was revealed that “America’s favorite Indian” was actually a second-generation Italian.

“He just left,” recalled his sister, Mae Abshire Duhon, “and the next thing we heard was that he had turned Indian."

At first, residents of Gueydan were reticent to reveal Iron Eyes’ true story -- simply because they were proud he’d hailed from there, and didn’t want his image tarnished. Hollywood, along with the ad agencies that had profited from his image, was wary to accept the man’s tale as fabricated. The story didn’t hit the newswires and was slow to gain steam, but The Crying Indian’s cover was eventually blown.

Iron Eyes Cody, or “Espera Oscar de Corti,” was born in a rural southwestern Louisiana town on April 3, 1904, the second of four children. His parents, Antonio de Corti and Francesca Salpietra had both emigrated from Sicily, Italy just a few years prior.

Five years later, Antonio abandoned the family and left for Texas, taking with him Oscar and his two brothers. It was here, in the windswept deserts, that Oscar was exposed to Western films, and developed an affinity for Native American culture. In 1919, film producers visited the area to shoot a silent film, “Back to God’s Country;” Oscar was cast as a Native American child. The experience impacted him greatly, and, following his father’s death in 1924, he migrated to California to forge a career as an actor.

Once in Hollywood, he'd changed his name to “Cody” and, to attract the attention of producers looking for authenticity, had begun acting under the moniker “Iron Eyes.”
Old 04-29-2015, 03:21 PM   #4
On The Rocks

Legacy

Even after his history was revealed, Iron Eyes Cody refused to admit the truth behind it. He continued to wear his braided wig, headdress, and moccasins, and was unrelenting in supporting the Native American community.

He toured on a lecture circuit, reminding Indians of their traditions, and admonishing them against gambling and the use of alcohol. “Nearly all my life, it has been my policy to help those less fortunate than myself,” he later told the press. “My foremost endeavors have been with the help of the Great Spirit to dignify my People's image through humility and love of my country. If I have done that, then I have done all I need to do."

Iron Eyes Cody peacefully passed away in 1999, at the age of 94, leaving behind a poetic homage to the culture he believed in. “Make me ready to stand before you with clean and straight eyes,” he wrote. “When Life fades, as the fading sunset, may our spirits stand before you without shame.”
Old 04-30-2015, 03:45 AM   #5
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 34,216.32
Savings: 0.00
I read that years ago. Took a lot of the commercial impact away when I learned that eh was Italian.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-30-2015, 09:23 PM   #6
On The Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
I read that years ago. Took a lot of the commercial impact away when I learned that eh was Italian.
Let's all get together here, and make a "Godfather" short movie with all Natives,

I can film it.
windanncer and subeeds like this.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:31 PM   #7
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 52,405.46
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post

[SIZE="3"]Even after his history was revealed, Iron Eyes Cody refused to admit the truth behind it.
I saw this yesterday and it got my blood pressure up.

It made me wonder if that wasn't the desired response.

I'm just going to quote Cherokee councilman Joe Byrd from the Tahlequah powwow 2014

"It's so frustrating when you hear so many people claiming to BE Cherokee when they are not, when they have no heritage. It's as if the Cherokee don't really exist. But we are here! We are real! Just as we have been for so many years!"

He said it in English first, then he said it in Cherokee.

I won't say Iron Eyes was a bad guy, I didn't know him personally.

I just can't buy in to the 'goodness' of a dude who was NDN for profit just because he spat some fancy rhetoric.
windanncer and RDNKJ like this.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-30-2015, 09:47 PM   #8
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,913.54
Quote:
Let's all get together here, and make a "Godfather" short movie with all Natives,

I can film it.
I can bring some wiseguys for the show.
subeeds likes this.
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-01-2015, 05:02 AM   #9
Powwow Grandmother

DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,566.41
Wow, I did not know Iron Eyes Cody was a second generation Italian. Maybe he had some Indian blood like 1/4 or 1/8.

But still he was hero to us about the environment that wanted to stop pollution. That is why we have been fighting and protesting to stop Tar Sands including other toxic chemical that managed to make us get very sick.

Canada is the same way fighting corporations like oil pipelines getting across our First Nation reserves and so is most other reservation in USA. No matter who he was. He did a good deed anyway, right?

DeafElderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-01-2015, 05:21 AM   #10
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 52,405.46
yeah him n johnny dep r blood brothers

He was 100% italian

I feel like a foo for even posting on this thread LOL
Attached Thumbnails
pity-foo-pities-foo.jpg  

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-01-2015, 08:39 AM   #11
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 48,634.03
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilisi View Post
yeah him n johnny dep r blood brothers

He was 100% italian

I feel like a foo for even posting on this thread LOL
windanncer, RDNKJ and gilisi like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-02-2015, 12:40 AM   #12
On The Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafelderwoman View Post
wow, i did not know iron eyes cody was a second generation italian. Maybe he had some indian blood like 1/4 or 1/8.
both his mother and father were immigrants from italy.
windanncer likes this.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:48 AM   #13
Powwow Grandmother

DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,566.41
Quote:
both his mother and father were immigrants from italy.
That I did not know. Incredible. I am a fool. Geeze.

DeafElderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-02-2015, 05:41 AM   #14

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Spiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond repute
Spiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,152.94
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafElderWoman View Post
Errr.... fool? No.
DeafElderWoman likes this.
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2015, 10:10 AM   #15
Pow Wow Visitor

Items PresentDolphinDevil
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 33,175.19
Quote:
No matter who he was. He did a good deed anyway, right?
His only good deed was to fill his fricken pocket with money. He was a fool.
Spiritflight and gilisi like this.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:12 AM   #16
Pow Wow Visitor

Items PresentDolphinDevil
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 33,175.19
Quote:
Yes, you are a fool but we've already given you the green card to be as foolish as you are and we don't mind. You amuse me and make me laugh with your silly posts.
Spiritflight likes this.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:15 AM   #17

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Spiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond repute
Spiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,152.94
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanjica_the_one View Post
His only good deed was to fill his fricken pocket with money. He was a fool.
So, does that mean everyone filling their pockets with money is a fool?
Yeh, I got plenty of empty pockets.

Or was he a fool because of his only good deed?

I never tried to fill my pockets with money, I suppose that was foolish.

I tried good deeds, but guess they are not being recognized as such, when I give away my music creations for free in german community online and to contribute to the enjoyment as such, I receive, yeah, quite good but not my taste or yeah, quite good music but too long or yeah, quite alright but here and there something needs to be fixed. Never claimed to be perfect, just make it for enjoyment, however I realized I kinda hi-jacked this thread. That's foolish of me.
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-05-2015, 01:24 PM   #18
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,816.57
Red face

Tell Tree Cody that his dad was NOT Native .... and he'll wanna wrestle you!
Old 05-05-2015, 02:02 PM   #19
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Live a lie long enough and everyone will believe it......until someone exposes it.

Per wiki he married a native woman and adopted native children. Apparently raised the kids "native" , so even the kids probably didn't know until it was exposed. Shouldn't matter to anyone now as it doesn't take away from his legacy other than fuel the native purists hatred & predujice. What's next , track down every actor that wasn't ndn but played one and slam them too ? Let's go after the whites who played blacks back in the day. Let it go.....It serves no purpose , it's the past. This is just someone trying to "stir the pot" , in the name of honest reporting ! Really not necessary !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 05-05-2015, 02:19 PM   #20
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
Per wiki :
Honors

In 1995, the Hollywood Native community honored Cody for his contributions to the representation of Native American life, yet they tactfully noted his non-Native heritage.[1][N 1]

So now everyone knows !

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Sponsored Links