Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Entertainment Open Casting Call PBS Documentary: Sunday, January 28, 2007: Providence, Rhode Island Open Casting Call PBS Documentary: Sunday, January 28, 2007: Providence, Rhode Island

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,940.82
Savings: 0.00
Open Casting Call PBS Documentary: Sunday, January 28, 2007: Providence, Rhode Island

Open Casting Call
PBS Documentary
KING PHILIP'S WAR

The first of a series of Native American PBS Documentaries
Director Chris Eyre
Date: Sunday, January 28, 2007
Time: 10-5 (plan to arrive no later than 3 pm)
Filming: February 2007, Massachusetts
Send your resume and photo ASAP to Tara at [email protected] The exact location will be provided to you.
Seeking local AFTRA and non-union Native American talent to portray the following roles.
Principal Roles
*NOTE – For all roles ALL hair lengths are being considered
KING Philip/Metacom
Age 20 – 29, then portraying Age 33
Youngest son of Massasoit, inherited his father's position much younger than expected when his older brother died. Driven into war by relentless English encroachments and disrespect. Uncertain in his early years, matures into an intelligent strategist….
Massasoit/Ussamequin (His name was Ussamequin, title Massasoit. Most people call him by his title, Massasoit.)
Age 40 (fall 1621)
Age 76 (1657)
Grand sachem of the Wampanoag, called 'king' by the Pilgrims, described by Edward Winslow as:"a very lusty man, in his best years, an able body, grave countenance, spare of speech. In his attire little or nothing differing from the rest of his followers, only in a great chain of white bone beads about his neck, and at it behind… neck hangs a little bag of tobacco which he drank and gave us to drink (i.e. smoke); his face was painted with a sad deep red like murry (mulberry) and oiled both head and face, that he looked greasily. All his followers likewise were in their faces in part or in whole painted, some black, some red, some yellow, some white, some with crosses and other antic works, some had skins on them, and some naked, all strong tall, all men in appearance…. The king had in his bosom hanging on a string a great long knife; he marveled much at our trumpet, and some of his men would sound it as well as they could."
Weetamoo
Age mid-late 30s
Powerful female sachem called by Increase Mather "second only to Philip in doing harm" during the war. Powerful, tall, elegant, fiery. Tried to keep her people out of the war but when forced into it by the colonists, she led her people valiantly. Married to Philip's brother Alexander/Wamsutta, then married to Narragansett sachem Quinnapin.
Secondary Roles
Alexander/Wamsutta
Aged mid to late 40s in 1662
Oldest son of Massasoit. Angry, contentious, tried to stem the tide of English onslaught in court and by pitting Rhode Island and Plymouth against each other. Died in the custody of Josiah Winslow after Winslow arrested him. Philip and Alexander's wife Weetamoo believed that Winslow poisoned him.
Apess, William
Age late 30s
Pequot/Wampanoag/Black/White Methodist minister who delivered a fiery eulogy of King Philip 160 years after Philip's death.
Printer, James
Age 30 – 40
Nipmuc Indian raised by English, became a printer in Cambridge, Christian. Treatment of Christian Indians during the war drove him into the enemy camp. Joined Philip and the hostile Nipmucs during the war, then got amnesty at the end of the war by bringing in two Indian heads.
Sassamon, John
Age 40, then age 50
Wampanoag Christian minister, raised by an English family who converted on their deathbeds during an epidemic, once shot a Pequot for asking him whether he was an Indian or an Englishman. Served as scribe to Philip and Alexander, then turned spy and reported twice to Josiah Winslow that Philip was preparing for war. Found dead in a pond under ice shortly after his second report.
Wampanoag Children

Philip's son
Age 8-10
Captured and sold into slavery at the end of the war. Appears with Philip and we see his capture.
Featured Extras
Wampanoag/Narragansett/nipmuc men
Wampanoag runner (male)
Tisquantum
Age 40-50
Survivor of Patuxet's epidemic b/c of time spent in slavery in Europe; Massasoit's emissary to the Pilgrims.
Quinnapin
Age 40-50
Narragansett leader, son of great sachem Canonchet; marries Wetamoo
Wampanoag women

Massasoit's wife
Philip's wife, Wootenekanuske
Extras
Native American Females needed for extra roles, various ages (adults)
Native American Males needed for extra roles, various ages (adults)
Athletic builds and other body types needed.
Native American children needed (7-12) for various scenes Group of 6 male children (8-12 years old) Play in canoes in river, then play ball; etc.
Children will be seen first, therefore if you are an adult who is accompanying your child and you are also interested in auditioning, please make arrangements for child care.
Thank you very much.
Tara J. Ryan

PLEASE cc me at: [email protected]
http://mysite.verizon.net/res7dwhg/
Home of NAMAPAHH First People's Radio
Host/Producer Robin Carneen
Thurs 7-8pm Sun 4-5pm PST
New group: (my photo album location)
http://spaces.msn.com/members/NativeRadio4all/
http://www.myspace.com/nativeradio4all
Want to hear NAMAPAHH???
http://www.myspace.com/namapahh
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2007, 03:35 PM   #2
Teen Dancer

tsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
More info on the series being filmed can be found at http://www.chriseyre.org/pbsamex.html
tsalagigirl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2007, 06:05 PM   #3
Your Grouchiness

Kiss_My_Grits!! is a jewel in the rough
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I sincerely hope that they make a sincere attempt to cast Wampanoag and Narragansett people to portray these actors.
Kiss_My_Grits!! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2007, 03:24 PM   #4
Choc-lack-chick!

Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 535.92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
Apess, William
Age late 30s
Pequot/Wampanoag/Black/White Methodist minister who delivered a fiery eulogy of King Philip 160 years after Philip's death.

Yay! See, we redblackmixedbloods do exist! Now to find those pesky M&Ms!
Homalosa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2007, 03:42 PM   #5
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,582.70
I was just sitting at a conference minding my own business and this guy came up and asked me if I knew Chris Eyre. I said I had met him before and he starts telling me he wants to get a hold of him and set him straight about this upcoming project, before he sues him!

He gave me his card.

He is the Deputy Tribal Historic Preservation Officer for the Narragansett Indian Tribe and lives in Wyoming, Rhode Island.

I have no idea what it is about. But like others, enquiring minds want to know!

Last edited by WhoMe; 02-15-2007 at 03:46 PM..
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2007, 06:26 PM   #6
Teen Dancer

tsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond reputetsalagigirl has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe,
Please go to Chris Eyre's site to the contact page. There is an email address for contact at the bottom. I can absolutely assure you that the info will be forwarded to Chris Eyre.

http://www.chriseyre.org/contact.html
Old 02-15-2007, 06:39 PM   #7
Teen Dancer

And Homalosa,
Yes we redblackmixedbloods do exist. But, I'm sure me and you just look in the mirror and know that.

Sponsored Links