Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Entertainment Robotech Discussion Board Robotech Discussion Board

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 05:45 PM   #1
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Lightbulb Robotech Discussion Board

This thread is for all you Robotech Fans out there! Old and New.
What is Robotech you might ask? Why what is the difference between a VF-1J Veritech and a Beta? HMMMMM?

What is Protoculture? Why doesn't Rick Hunter see that Minmei is no good for him and should just love Lisa for the woman she is and will come to be? What is a Zentreadi? How come they want Zor's ship? Who is Zor? What's a Regis?

These and any other Robotech related subjects will be discussed.

For those of you who are new to the Robotech Franchise. Robotech is was three separate animated series in Japan at the time. Bout 1984-85. They went by the names: Macross, Southern Cross and Mospeda. When the US company Harmony Gold got the rights to release them in the states, they revamped them a bit. They were tweaked to be inter related. With charactors who's children were to be in the subsequent series following one another. Creating a whole new phenomena and craze accross the world in fact!

You have to keep in mind folks that; BIG TRANSFORMABLE ROBOTS WERE VERY VERY NEW IN THE STATES!
The others being the Trans Formers which aired around the same year. There was nothing like those toons in the states! There was GI Joe and that's about it. Big transformable robots and airplanes, with pilots and crazy space aliens bent on dominating the universe! You can count me in yo!!!!

Oh and the toys, OMG they all transformed man! Just like our other much beloved heroes of old!

Besides being a killer ahead of its time show, Robotech had great writers. The plot was excellent and there was a wide array of characters to follow. Jack Mckinney wrote the novels for Robotech and Robotech: The Sentinels, published under Ballantine/Del Rey. Those books go way more into depth, but you don't have to read the books to love the show.

There is also a role-playing game under the same name that you can still find at your local Role Playing Games Store/Comic Shop. Published under Palladium Books. Or just google Palladium books.

I'll start posting some other facts about Robotech and related nerdery. I just wanted to get the ball rolling.

Miigwech
Old 04-03-2007, 01:00 AM   #2
crazywolf

crazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 338.47
Savings: 1.00
Hehehe I am gonna throw some gas on this fire.

I watched the series back when I ws a kid way back when, and never since then. Same thing with the Transformers. You forgot one thing though... The Gobots. They came before the Transformers in comic books if I remember my history correctly, but they were not as popular. They did come out with a cartoon eventually to compete with the transformers, but the annimation was not as good.

Also to be noted, the Veritech design is a direct knock off of a design from Battletech, a mineratures game that has nothing to do with Robotech. Also using the exact same design ws Starfire, the Autobot plane. All of these were modeled after a F-14 Tomcat. They all transformed exactly the same, even the toys did. The robot forms all looked exactly the same.

That is about all I really remember about Robotech. Like I said, I have only seen it once, and that was over 20 years ago. Its too expensive to get DVDs of all that stuff, plus there is too much other stuff I would rather have in the way of watching movies, but this is high on my "to get list" What is higher than that you might ask? Firefly is on top, followed by Babylon 5. Would also like anything and everything X-flies.

I do have the video game Robotech for my PS2. Its an awesome game but the controls are fairly complicated. Your Veritech does transform through the three modes in this game, and to confuse things more, you are fighting truely in 3 dimensions, especially in space, where you have no ceiling or ground. Its a hard game to play, because you have stuff going on all around you, front, back, sides, top and bottom.

Derek
crazywolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2007, 11:08 PM   #3
PowWows.com Addicts

OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Dorks Rule!!!!!!!!!

Man, the Autobot Veritech was called Jetfire. My brother had him. And in the cartoon he was best friends with Star Scream and his name was Skyfire in the series. They were scientists before the great war.

Yes I did leave out Go-Bots cuzz they're friggn whack! Excpet the cool deluxe die-cast metal car/bug ones. Well the deluxe one's in general we're and still are pretty dope...

Man, we're dorks!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 05:19 AM   #4
PowWows.com Addicts

Thumbs up Books

So I'm half done with the final book of the Macross Saga. Book Six. I really dug the Macross Saga! I love the Veritechs/Valkyries way more than the Alpha's. Although the Beta is a close second.

I'm looking forward to reading the Masters Saga again. Course I'll have to read the Zentraedi Uprising. Then go on the the Second Generation. YAY!

Yes this is a tiny book review of sorts. More of a Saga review I guess. For those of you who haven't read the Robotech Novels, they just re-released them all in print again. The core books that is. For those of you who want to round out your whole Robotech collection of novels, you'll have to comb your local used book stores or just buy them off ebay or amazon.com.

Happy reading and hunting! I know I had fun searching for all of my beloved copies!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:05 AM   #5
PowWows.com Addicts

Arrow For All You Big Robot Lovers Out There

Some Robotech Mecha.

For your viewing pleasure.

Last edited by OneidaDreamer; 08-15-2007 at 07:04 PM..
OneidaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-12-2007, 05:30 AM   #6
PowWows.com Addicts

Still Yet More Mecha

Last edited by OneidaDreamer; 08-15-2007 at 07:04 PM..
OneidaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-12-2007, 08:44 AM   #7
Like my new toy?

Privateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 30.00
Don't forget to read the "Lost Generation" Robotech books, numbers 20 and and 21. Those two and 19 are based upon the Dark Horse comic of events between the shows, if memory serves me correctly. Here are the titles:19. The Zentraedi Rebellion (1994)
20. The Masters' Gambit (1995)
21. Before the Invid Storm (1996)

And let's not forget, "Jack McKinney" is actually James Lucerno and the late Brian Daley.

In reference to Battletech, I believe that came AFTER Robotech. Also there is a very, very good reason why Harmony Gold edited the original three Japanese series into one, It was freaking violent! I watched a subtitled version Macross, and it was violent. SPOILER ALERT best scene in Macross was the Max-Miriya- three male Zentradi duel.
Privateer6 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-05-2007, 04:14 AM   #8
PowWows.com Addicts

Wink Love Me Some Praxians

All I Gotta Say Is: Bela and Gnea!
Love me some Amazons of Praxis!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 02:29 AM   #9
PowWows.com Addicts

Question End of the CIrcle

I gotta find End of the Circle. I used to own it, now it's gone. Damnit!
Old 06-03-2007, 02:47 AM   #10
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneidaDreamer View Post
Some Robotech Mecha.

For your viewing pleasure.
that first one reminds me of these russian shiny stamps i collected when i was once a
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2007, 03:17 AM   #11
PowWows.com Addicts

Talking Stamps Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle of the sky View Post
that first one reminds me of these russian shiny stamps i collected when i was once a

Right on Middle!
Old 06-03-2007, 03:18 AM   #12
PowWows.com Addicts

Talking Stamps Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle of the sky View Post

Right on! Thaynx for stoppin by the thread Middle of the Sky Woman!
Old 09-28-2007, 06:08 PM   #13
PowWows.com Addicts

Cool Robotech Links!

These are great links for the Robotech Shadow Chronicles and other just Rad Videos featuring everyone's favorite transformable mecha!

Enjoy my friends!

Peace and Love
OD

MySpaceTV: Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles - Birth of a Sequel (anime) by Tommy Yune

MySpaceTV: Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles - Birth of a Sequel (voices) by Tommy Yune

MySpaceTV: Robotech Genesis Trailer by DarkHawk

MySpaceTV: Metallica - Blitzkrieg - Robotech by Quasi-Mojo

MySpaceTV: Top Gun - Robotech Macross Saga by Quasi-Mojo
Old 01-28-2010, 10:35 PM   #14
Junior Dancer

Items Present
Killer Updates and Products

There are some brand spanking books coming out for Robotech on the Palladium site. Go check them out! Robotech is in my opinion the very best of the Giant Robot genre. Plus it is a RPG and toyline among other dorky fun gear!

Make Mine Robotech

Maileena's Dad
A.K.A. OneidaDreamer
MaileenasDad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2010, 04:11 PM   #15
Junior Dancer

Items Present
Talking Sound & Trackers

Just downloaded the Robotech Perfect soundtrack from "The Pirate Bay".

So friigin awesome!!!

Go Robotech!
Make your daughters see the wisdom of dating/marrying DORKS not thugs. The most dangerous thing about Dorks is they just might kick too many people's tails on a video game or play GI Joe or Transformers with their kids. Or worse yet know way way too much about dinosaurs...

Old 01-07-2011, 07:30 PM   #16
Junior Dancer

Items Present
Here's a little dorky update:

Migizi-ikwe just hooked me up with a signed first edition copy of "Robotech The Shadow Chronicles"! Yeah buddy!!! As in the regular sized hard cover book. It's got Siembieda's and a slew of others man! Chicken Boo-Yah!!!

It has some awesome new cyclone wepon systems and new transformable land vehicles as well as some new enemies and destroids to round out the goodness. As well as up to date data on the major NPC's running around including Aurora, Max & Miria's youngest daughter.

Make mine Robotech!!!!!
Make your daughters see the wisdom of dating/marrying DORKS not thugs. The most dangerous thing about Dorks is they just might kick too many people's tails on a video game or play GI Joe or Transformers with their kids. Or worse yet know way way too much about dinosaurs...

Last edited by MaileenasDad; 01-07-2011 at 07:32 PM..
Old 09-10-2011, 02:27 AM   #17
Junior Dancer

Items Present
I love Robotech!

Old 09-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #18
Pow Wow Visitor

kindy is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 130.70
That is about all I really remember about Robotech. Like I said, I have only seen it once, and that was over 20 years ago. Its too expensive to get DVDs of all that stuff, plus there is too much other stuff I would rather have in the way of watching movies, but this is high on my "to get list" What is higher than that you might ask? Firefly is on top, followed by Babylon 5. Would also like anything and everything X-flies. These are great links for the Robotech Shadow Chronicles and other just Rad Videos featuring everyone's favorite transformable mecha!
Old 09-25-2011, 02:08 AM   #19
Junior Dancer

Items Present
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4131378/Robotech

There you go holms. All 85 free and clear. Don't forget to download bittorrent or utorrent; or you will be sol and without a way to obtain them. Gotta have the app yo

Old 10-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #20
crazywolf

crazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 338.47
been gathering

Boozhoo niji,

Yeah I have all 5 seasons of Bab 5, first 4 of X-Files, first 8 of Stargate, all 4 of Transformers, all 4 of Beast Wars, have Firefly and Serenity plus the Shepherd's Tale graphic novel which unlocks Book's past (its a MUST HAVE for any Firefly fan), uhhh.... Buck Rogers, Dungeons and Dragons the animated series....

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. I know I have more.