Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Recipes Cream Cheese Brownies Cream Cheese Brownies

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2007, 09:03 PM   #1
Great Uncle Patrick

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
between2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond repute
between2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,691.96
Savings: 1.00
Cream Cheese Brownies

There are two parts to this. The first part is the chocolate batter and the second part is the cream cheese batter. It's rich but Oh So Good!

Cream Cheese Batter

Cream 2 tablespoons of butter with 4 oz of cream cheese ( or neufschatel cheese) until completely blended. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar - beating the mixture until light and fluffy. Blend in 1 egg, 1 tablespoon flour and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.

Chocolate Batter

On low heat and stirring constantly - melt 3 tablespoons of butter and 2 squares of Baker's sweet chocolate (this is the cooking chocolate that you find in the store where the flour and spices live - looks like a candy bar but don't try eating it! It isn't food until you cook it). Set aside to cool.

Beat 2 eggs until thick and fluffy. Add 3/4 c. sugar and beat the eggs and sugar together until thickened. Measure 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 c. flour on top of the egg-sugar mixture and pour in the cooled chocolate.

Oil a 9" pan. Put 2/3rds of the chocolate batter in the bottom. Spread the cream cheese batter on top of the chocolate layer. Drop the last 1/3rd of the choclate batter by spoonfuls on top of the cream cheese layer. Swirl the chocolate and cream cheese together with the back of a spoon.

Bake at 350 deg F for 35 -40 minutes. Cool and put on some frosting if you like.
between2worlds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #2
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Savings: 0.00
OMG! I love these marbled brownies! I think I'm gonna have to make some with splenda and almond flour.
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2007, 09:41 PM   #3
Great Uncle Patrick

between2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond repute
between2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond repute
Let me know how they turn out with the substitutions - better yet: post the recipe!
Old 02-15-2007, 12:46 PM   #4
Ready to dance

wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
I made these with Splenda and Almond Meal in place of the flour and they were SO GOOD!

Here' my variation - not much different.

Cream 2 tablespoons of butter with 4 oz of cream cheese ( or neufschatel cheese) until completely blended. Gradually add 6 packets Splenda - beating the mixture until light and fluffy. Blend in 1 egg, 1 tablespoon almond flour and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.

Chocolate Batter

On low heat and stirring constantly - melt 3 tablespoons of butter and 2 squares of Baker's sweet chocolate (I actually had some of this so I used it. Next time I'll use my 85% Lindt dark chocolate). Set aside to cool.

Beat 2 eggs until thick and fluffy. Add 18 Packets Splenda and beat the eggs and sweetener together until thickened. Measure 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 c. almond flour on top of the egg-sugar mixture and pour in the cooled chocolate. (I put in 1/4 cup cocoa powder just cuz I like it)

Oil a 9" pan. Put 2/3rds of the chocolate batter in the bottom. Spread the cream cheese batter on top of the chocolate layer. Drop the last 1/3rd of the choclate batter by spoonfuls on top of the cream cheese layer. Swirl the chocolate and cream cheese together with the back of a spoon.

Bake at 350 deg F for 35 -40 minutes. Cool and put on some frosting if you like.

I only had a 9x13 pan, so they only took 20 minutes to bake!
Old 02-15-2007, 12:54 PM   #5
Great Uncle Patrick

Does the almond flour give it an almond flavor? I've never used almond flour!
Old 02-15-2007, 04:48 PM   #6
Ready to dance

I wanted to mix in walnuts, but forgot to buy some. So I thought the almond flour would make them kinda nutty. NOT EVEN! In fact, they are just chocolatey, and of course cheesecakey!

Next time though, I think I'll mix my Spenda, Equal, and stevia packets. I heard it's good to mix sweeteners when making baked goods. The cheesecake part had just a hint of bitterness from the maltodextrin in the Splenda packets. Not nearly what it would have been using the bulk splenda though, which has mega maltodextrin.

And I think I'll double it for my 9 x 13 pan. And make it weekly!
Old 02-17-2007, 06:59 PM   #7
Dweick

Dweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
where would one find almond flour?

my mom is diabetic and would love to make this recipe with the splenda and almond flour
sounds superb
Dweick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-17-2007, 09:00 PM   #8
Great Uncle Patrick

You can make your own. Trader Vic's has it (if have the store in your area). There are a number of online places too.

Try starting here: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/pro...almondmeal.htm
Old 02-18-2007, 04:57 PM   #9
Dweick

Dweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
thanks I'll check it out

get the ingredients and let you know the results after I make them for my mama
Dweick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-18-2007, 07:09 PM   #10
Ready to dance

Yep, that's where my almond flour came from - Trader Vics. A friend of mine picked it up for me. I saw some in my local Smith's grocery store but it was like $11.99 a pound!!! Ack!

Now I'm going to try some chocolate chunk cookies with almond flour too, along with a little wheat bran, vital wheat gluten and oat bran. Will post the results.
Sponsored Links