PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Recipes (http://forums.powwows.com/f84/)
-   -   Elvis Presley's favorites (http://forums.powwows.com/f84/elvis-presley-s-favorites-54492/)

wyo_rose 01-11-2010 11:44 PM

Elvis Presley's favorites

Oh man, I missed Elvis' birthday, but in his honor here's some of his favorites. He must have been the King of sandwiches.

Peanut Butter Banana Sandwiches
2 ripe bananas
1 cup peanut butter
6 slices white bread
1/4 cup butter

Mash the bananas, then mix in the peanut butter. Make 3 sammiches then butter the outside and fry on both sides until golden.

Burnt Bacon Sandwiches
1 pound bacon
1 jar 16 ounces mayo
1 4 ounce can of chopped black olives, drained
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1 loaf white bread

Fry the bacon until very crispy. Crumble and mix in with the mayo along with the olives and pecans. Make sandwiches , cut off the crusts and cut diagonally into quarters.

Breakfast Bread
1 loaf frozen white bread
1 pound breakfast sausage
1/2 pound bacon, diced
1 cup shredded monzarella

Thaw the dough according to directions.
Crumble and brown the sausage. Drain. Fry the bacon until crispy. Roll out the dough to 10" x 12" and top with the sausage, bacon, and cheese. Roll up from the long side and pinch the seam closed. Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Fools Gold Loaf Sandwich

1 loaf Italian bread
1 jar peanut butter
1 jar grape jelly
1 pound bacon
1/4 cup butter

Hollow out the bread, slather it with butter and put in the oven for 15 minutes at 350. Meanwhile, brown and crumble the bacon. Fill the bread with gobs of peanut butter, jelly and the bacon. Slice and enjoy!

rez_hopper 01-12-2010 02:28 AM

Thank you..........Thank you very much. (trying to curl the lips)

:tounge_sm

shadowoman 01-12-2010 06:25 AM

Heart Attack Waiting to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Asmajol 01-12-2010 07:35 AM

Wow now dats some healthy eats

annie_griffin 01-12-2010 08:45 AM

Elvis

Seriously. Man that sounds like food for someone living in the Artic or something.
That dude really is a legend i guess even my seven year old knows who he is.

NorthofAda 01-12-2010 11:00 AM

Just had a peanut butter and banana sandwich yesterday - but I don't mash the bananas. Just spread the peanut butter on the bread, cut the banana in half and slice long-ways and lay them on.

I don't know that Elvis ate it, but another thing that's good is making french toast (coated with egg and cinnamon) then spread with peanut butter while still hot so the peanut butter melts a bit, then top with maple syrup. YUM!

wyo_rose 01-12-2010 11:39 AM

Oh that takes me back! My mom used to make me peanut butter/French toast sandwiches. I'm sure Elvis would have loved it.