PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Recipes (http://forums.powwows.com/f84/)
-   -   I got a craving... (http://forums.powwows.com/f84/i-got-craving-68439/)

wyo_rose 03-03-2014 03:39 PM

I got a craving...

I got a craving .... for chili and cornbread!!

I had a little yesterday, but need some MORE to get my fix.

Anybody else craving anything?

Joe's Dad 03-03-2014 03:57 PM

I had chili and cornbread in San Diego a few days ago. It was pretty good.

Not craving anything at the moment. lol

OLChemist 03-03-2014 04:35 PM

Mutton stew with cornmeal dumplings....

A pile of fresh corn tortillas and a vat a green sauce from Martin's....

Pumpkin baked for hours with brown sugar and butter in a horno...

Heck, I'd settle for finding a dusty can of Stokes Green Chile Sauce w/ Pork in the local market. Dang Texans think you make green sauce with jalapenos and tomatillos :)

Siobhanni 03-03-2014 07:57 PM

I am craving right now.....A Yummy Warm Chocolate Fountain..And Some Fresh Strawberries..So I could Spear The Strawberries, Hold them under the Warm Chocolate Fountain and then...Go into Heaven...as the Combined Taste of The Warm Velvety Smooth Chocolate And The Soooo Juicy Sweet Strawberry Hit My Taste Buds.. As I Slowly Pull It Of Into My Mouth....Hmmmm Hmmm That is Definately What I Am Craving Right Now Lol....

And its 1.05am here in London, UK And Now, I am Thinking and Craving Warm Chocolate Strawberries Lol.

It was my Neice who put that in my head, as she was talking about her upcoming party and Chocolate Fountains lol.

SsmalltownNDN 03-03-2014 08:35 PM

You know what I'm craving? A pow wow! It's been too darn long and I have some new stuff I desperately want to dance! COME ON SPRING!!! hahaha!

Oh and some Orange Juice sounds pretty good too :tounge_sm

windanncer 03-03-2014 10:19 PM

Frito chili pie from Wesley's Beanpot. Made with good ol' Texas smoked brisket!!!!

RestlessN8iv 03-04-2014 12:54 AM

More cowbell!

Mushbear 03-04-2014 08:39 AM

I want chocolate Cheerios.

wyo_rose 03-04-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olchemist (Post 1594774)
mutton stew with cornmeal dumplings....

A pile of fresh corn tortillas and a vat a green sauce from martin's....

Pumpkin baked for hours with brown sugar and butter in a horno...

Heck, i'd settle for finding a dusty can of stokes green chile sauce w/ pork in the local market. Dang texans think you make green sauce with jalapenos and tomatillos :)

mmm....stokes!!

Joe's Dad 03-04-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanniebee (Post 1594785)
I am craving right now.....A Yummy Warm Chocolate Fountain..And Some Fresh Strawberries..So I could Spear The Strawberries, Hold them under the Warm Chocolate Fountain and then...Go into Heaven...as the Combined Taste of The Warm Velvety Smooth Chocolate And The Soooo Juicy Sweet Strawberry Hit My Taste Buds.. As I Slowly Pull It Of Into My Mouth....Hmmmm Hmmm That is Definately What I Am Craving Right Now Lol....

And its 1.05am here in London, UK And Now, I am Thinking and Craving Warm Chocolate Strawberries Lol.

It was my Neice who put that in my head, as she was talking about her upcoming party and Chocolate Fountains lol.

They don't grow chokrat fountains where I live...but they damn sure grow lot of strawberries. Big, juicy strawberries! it's the winter growing season now...if you call 75F winter. lol

wyo_rose 03-04-2014 11:08 AM

Okay, now I got a craving for fresh California strawberries. The ones being shipped up here are sorely lacking!

With a side of fresh warm peanut butter cookies.

Joe's Dad 03-04-2014 11:12 AM

There are like a miilion little white flower on the plants out in the fields...and every flower is gonna be a big, juicy strawberry! lol

Best peanut butter cookies are Girl Scout Do-Si-Dos. I bought 5 boxes.

Want strawberries n cookies, little girl? :rofl:

Siobhanni 03-04-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe's Dad (Post 1594837)
They don't grow chokrat fountains where I live...but they damn sure grow lot of strawberries. Big, juicy strawberries! it's the winter growing season now...if you call 75F winter. lol

I am soooo jealous of you Right Now...As Now!! I am Also Craving Not Only Your Big Juicy Strawberries you have Got Growing There, But I am Also Craving Your 75F Winter Heat Lol:)

Siobhanni 03-04-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyo_rose (Post 1594840)
Okay, now I got a craving for fresh California strawberries. The ones being shipped up here are sorely lacking!

With a side of fresh warm peanut butter cookies.

Now That sounds Soooo Good Too!!..LOL..Why? did you have to give me More Tempting Warm Sweet Treats to Think and Crave Over..Rofl....As Treats that are Both Warm And Sweet I just Cannot Say Nooooo Too Or Resist, Lol.

wyo_rose 03-04-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe's Dad (Post 1594844)
There are like a miilion little white flower on the plants out in the fields...and every flower is gonna be a big, juicy strawberry! lol

Best peanut butter cookies are Girl Scout Do-Si-Dos. I bought 5 boxes.

Want strawberries n cookies, little girl? :rofl:

How cool! Let's let them strawberries grow and ripen!

OLChemist 03-04-2014 01:19 PM

Blueberry wojapi.

Joe's Dad 03-04-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyo_rose (Post 1594851)
How cool! Let's let them strawberries grow and ripen!

Heck fire, wyo. They've been harvesting strawberries since the first week in February! lol

Siobhanni 03-04-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLChemist (Post 1594854)
Blueberry wojapi.

Love Blueberries...And it has always Fascinated me, That they are "The Only Natural Living Blue Food Source On The Planet"...Lol.

OLChemist 03-04-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanniebee (Post 1594858)
[t]hat they are "The Only Natural Living Blue Food Source On The Planet"

Maybe in the Old World. Native peoples here had a more colorful agricultural palette. I recommend you check a copy of Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan out of your local library. Boil up some Peruvan Blue potatoes while you read. Or plant a few Filius Blue Peppers, an heirloom cultivar from Mexico to spice up your potatoes.

All of these have anthocyanins, which can appear blue, red or purple depending on pH. That hideous "blue raspberry" isn't so nuts, you can with some care turn an extract of raspberry blue with a judicious addition of baking soda.

Siobhanni 03-04-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLChemist (Post 1594860)
Maybe in the Old World. Native peoples here had a more colorful agricultural palette. I recommend you check a copy of Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan out of your local library. Boil up some Peruvan Blue potatoes while you read. Or plant a few Filius Blue Peppers, an heirloom cultivar from Mexico to spice up your potatoes.

All of these have anthocyanins, which can appear blue, red or purple depending on pH. That hideous "blue raspberry" isn't so nuts, you can with some care turn an extract of raspberry blue with a judicious addition of baking soda.

Omg..You are Amazing Lol....Your knowledge of soooo many things just leaves me Speechless, and Believe Me.."That is A Hard Thing To Do" Rofl.....I do Not..mean that Offensively at all in anyway..I was Complimenting your Vast Knowledge and Understanding on So Many, Many Things and Any Subjects, I have heard of Mensa but I think you Beat Them Hands Down, lol......And you are Not..Snootie or Stuck Up..like a lot of Really Intellectual People seem to be..You are Very Down To Earth, and Kind and Caring and offer your knowledge to help and inform and in a way teach things that I or many others would not have known. And you do not make me feel small or stupid, As many times I do that to myself on my own Lol.. So Thank you for your information, I will definately be getting a copy and have a Definate Craving to Try Those New Things Out lol..