PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Recipes (http://forums.powwows.com/f84/)
-   -   I got a craving... (http://forums.powwows.com/f84/i-got-craving-68439/)

wyo_rose 03-03-2014 04:39 PM

I got a craving...
 
I got a craving .... for chili and cornbread!!

I had a little yesterday, but need some MORE to get my fix.

Anybody else craving anything?

Joe's Dad 03-03-2014 04:57 PM

I had chili and cornbread in San Diego a few days ago. It was pretty good.

Not craving anything at the moment. lol

OLChemist 03-03-2014 05:35 PM

Mutton stew with cornmeal dumplings....

A pile of fresh corn tortillas and a vat a green sauce from Martin's....

Pumpkin baked for hours with brown sugar and butter in a horno...


Heck, I'd settle for finding a dusty can of Stokes Green Chile Sauce w/ Pork in the local market. Dang Texans think you make green sauce with jalapenos and tomatillos :)

Siobhanni 03-03-2014 08:57 PM

I am craving right now.....A Yummy Warm Chocolate Fountain..And Some Fresh Strawberries..So I could Spear The Strawberries, Hold them under the Warm Chocolate Fountain and then...Go into Heaven...as the Combined Taste of The Warm Velvety Smooth Chocolate And The Soooo Juicy Sweet Strawberry Hit My Taste Buds.. As I Slowly Pull It Of Into My Mouth....Hmmmm Hmmm That is Definately What I Am Craving Right Now Lol....

And its 1.05am here in London, UK And Now, I am Thinking and Craving Warm Chocolate Strawberries Lol.

It was my Neice who put that in my head, as she was talking about her upcoming party and Chocolate Fountains lol.

SsmalltownNDN 03-03-2014 09:35 PM

You know what I'm craving? A pow wow! It's been too darn long and I have some new stuff I desperately want to dance! COME ON SPRING!!! hahaha!

Oh and some Orange Juice sounds pretty good too :tounge_sm

windanncer 03-03-2014 11:19 PM

Frito chili pie from Wesley's Beanpot. Made with good ol' Texas smoked brisket!!!!

RestlessN8iv 03-04-2014 01:54 AM

More cowbell!

Mushbear 03-04-2014 09:39 AM

I want chocolate Cheerios.

wyo_rose 03-04-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olchemist (Post 1594774)
mutton stew with cornmeal dumplings....

A pile of fresh corn tortillas and a vat a green sauce from martin's....

Pumpkin baked for hours with brown sugar and butter in a horno...


Heck, i'd settle for finding a dusty can of stokes green chile sauce w/ pork in the local market. Dang texans think you make green sauce with jalapenos and tomatillos :)

mmm....stokes!!

Joe's Dad 03-04-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanniebee (Post 1594785)
I am craving right now.....A Yummy Warm Chocolate Fountain..And Some Fresh Strawberries..So I could Spear The Strawberries, Hold them under the Warm Chocolate Fountain and then...Go into Heaven...as the Combined Taste of The Warm Velvety Smooth Chocolate And The Soooo Juicy Sweet Strawberry Hit My Taste Buds.. As I Slowly Pull It Of Into My Mouth....Hmmmm Hmmm That is Definately What I Am Craving Right Now Lol....

And its 1.05am here in London, UK And Now, I am Thinking and Craving Warm Chocolate Strawberries Lol.

It was my Neice who put that in my head, as she was talking about her upcoming party and Chocolate Fountains lol.

They don't grow chokrat fountains where I live...but they damn sure grow lot of strawberries. Big, juicy strawberries! it's the winter growing season now...if you call 75F winter. lol

wyo_rose 03-04-2014 12:08 PM

Okay, now I got a craving for fresh California strawberries. The ones being shipped up here are sorely lacking!

With a side of fresh warm peanut butter cookies.

Joe's Dad 03-04-2014 12:12 PM

There are like a miilion little white flower on the plants out in the fields...and every flower is gonna be a big, juicy strawberry! lol

Best peanut butter cookies are Girl Scout Do-Si-Dos. I bought 5 boxes.

Want strawberries n cookies, little girl? :rofl:

Siobhanni 03-04-2014 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe's Dad (Post 1594837)
They don't grow chokrat fountains where I live...but they damn sure grow lot of strawberries. Big, juicy strawberries! it's the winter growing season now...if you call 75F winter. lol

I am soooo jealous of you Right Now...As Now!! I am Also Craving Not Only Your Big Juicy Strawberries you have Got Growing There, But I am Also Craving Your 75F Winter Heat Lol:)

Siobhanni 03-04-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyo_rose (Post 1594840)
Okay, now I got a craving for fresh California strawberries. The ones being shipped up here are sorely lacking!

With a side of fresh warm peanut butter cookies.

Now That sounds Soooo Good Too!!..LOL..Why? did you have to give me More Tempting Warm Sweet Treats to Think and Crave Over..Rofl....As Treats that are Both Warm And Sweet I just Cannot Say Nooooo Too Or Resist, Lol.

wyo_rose 03-04-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe's Dad (Post 1594844)
There are like a miilion little white flower on the plants out in the fields...and every flower is gonna be a big, juicy strawberry! lol

Best peanut butter cookies are Girl Scout Do-Si-Dos. I bought 5 boxes.

Want strawberries n cookies, little girl? :rofl:


How cool! Let's let them strawberries grow and ripen!

OLChemist 03-04-2014 02:19 PM

Blueberry wojapi.

Joe's Dad 03-04-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyo_rose (Post 1594851)
How cool! Let's let them strawberries grow and ripen!

Heck fire, wyo. They've been harvesting strawberries since the first week in February! lol

Siobhanni 03-04-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLChemist (Post 1594854)
Blueberry wojapi.

Love Blueberries...And it has always Fascinated me, That they are "The Only Natural Living Blue Food Source On The Planet"...Lol.

OLChemist 03-04-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanniebee (Post 1594858)
[t]hat they are "The Only Natural Living Blue Food Source On The Planet"

Maybe in the Old World. Native peoples here had a more colorful agricultural palette. I recommend you check a copy of Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan out of your local library. Boil up some Peruvan Blue potatoes while you read. Or plant a few Filius Blue Peppers, an heirloom cultivar from Mexico to spice up your potatoes.

All of these have anthocyanins, which can appear blue, red or purple depending on pH. That hideous "blue raspberry" isn't so nuts, you can with some care turn an extract of raspberry blue with a judicious addition of baking soda.

Siobhanni 03-04-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLChemist (Post 1594860)
Maybe in the Old World. Native peoples here had a more colorful agricultural palette. I recommend you check a copy of Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan out of your local library. Boil up some Peruvan Blue potatoes while you read. Or plant a few Filius Blue Peppers, an heirloom cultivar from Mexico to spice up your potatoes.

All of these have anthocyanins, which can appear blue, red or purple depending on pH. That hideous "blue raspberry" isn't so nuts, you can with some care turn an extract of raspberry blue with a judicious addition of baking soda.

Omg..You are Amazing Lol....Your knowledge of soooo many things just leaves me Speechless, and Believe Me.."That is A Hard Thing To Do" Rofl.....I do Not..mean that Offensively at all in anyway..I was Complimenting your Vast Knowledge and Understanding on So Many, Many Things and Any Subjects, I have heard of Mensa but I think you Beat Them Hands Down, lol......And you are Not..Snootie or Stuck Up..like a lot of Really Intellectual People seem to be..You are Very Down To Earth, and Kind and Caring and offer your knowledge to help and inform and in a way teach things that I or many others would not have known. And you do not make me feel small or stupid, As many times I do that to myself on my own Lol.. So Thank you for your information, I will definately be getting a copy and have a Definate Craving to Try Those New Things Out lol..

wyo_rose 03-04-2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe's Dad (Post 1594855)
Heck fire, wyo. They've been harvesting strawberries since the first week in February! lol

Send them up this way...we're just getting the cardboard variety still!

Siobhanni 03-04-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyo_rose (Post 1594863)
Send them up this way...we're just getting the cardboard variety still!

Yep Me too Lol..And some of your Warm Peanut Butter Cookies @wyo_rose as those sound "Just Too Good" pleazzze..Lol..

OLChemist 03-05-2014 11:33 AM

@jeanniebee *blush* Thank you.

Botany of Desire does not have a specifically New World focus. But instead documents the human relationship with plants that give us sustenance (potato), sweetness (apple), beauty (tulip), or intoxication (pot).

It is easy to overlook the effect of the agricultural genius of Native farmers. Two species introduced to the rest of world, literally altered human destiny worldwide. The Native peoples of the Andes developed potatoes -- a calorie dense, high nutrient food -- into hundreds of cultivars, which grew from the Amazon basin to the peaks of Andes, yielding even in poor soils. The potato's introduction to Europe fueled an (conservative) estimated 25% increase in total population in Europe in two centuries. And maize, domesticated from a grass, along with rice are the highest calorie common staple corps. Maize significantly increased the population bearing capacity of areas that relied on cassava and yams as the staples. As an animal feed, it has increased the amounts animal proteins available to nearly every human on the planet. Further, the range of cultivars of each still raised by Native farmers is a genetic hedge against future famine.

Now, if you have only eaten the russet and red potato, or the wrenchedly sweet yellow and white corns, available in the markets, you have missed out. The range of flavors for both of these is huge and delightful.

Siobhanni 03-06-2014 08:36 AM

[email protected]OLChemist, Your Welcome:)

OLChemist 03-06-2014 10:54 AM

Dried salmon. The real thing, a light sweet brine, a little smoke then air dried.

The fish counter at the local crunchy-granola market used get a pound or two at Christmas, but I think I was the only person who ever bought any. (The guys working the counter never quite knew how to deal with it. One guy carefully bagged up my order and then packed it on ice, LOL.) this year they didn't have any.

Toolbox 03-06-2014 12:42 PM

I've got a craving for a nap!

Siobhanni 03-06-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toolbox (Post 1594930)
I've got a craving for a nap!

Me too, Defo in the mood for a Snoooze, After Spending 6hrs last night Dancing Non-Stop at the Beyonce Concert I went to At 02 London Areana, with 4,000 other people dancing on the standing floor Area, all Sqashed Together Lol.

*Brown Eyed Gurl* 03-06-2014 04:52 PM

Well its Throat Punch Thursday...I crave to Throat Punch a skinny blonde.

:lol:

and pizza...always always pizza. not that my fat a$$ needs it. :razz:

Chevy_truckin_NDN 03-07-2014 02:13 PM

Mustard for my salty lays regular chips....lol

Siobhanni 03-07-2014 04:52 PM

I have a craving for ...The smells and sounds of Summer..and I crave to see and feel and touch and run through, and Miss Sooo Much..

A alainn a chroi A Sleibhte Chill Mhantain..,A Mathair.(Gaelic Irish)
(My Beautiful, My Heart, My Wicklow Mountains..My Mother)

alumphfres 03-09-2014 03:08 AM

Stawberry Shortcake, disassembled with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and a tall Coca-Cola in the bottle.:cool1:

gilisi 03-09-2014 03:22 AM

[QUOTE=*Brown Eyed Gurl*;1594943]Well its Throat Punch Thursday...I crave to Throat Punch a skinny blonde.

:lol:



I think you can find one of those in Oklahoma taking selfies with a headdress on LOL

Siobhanni 03-09-2014 12:52 PM

She must of Listened and Heard My Thoughts, As I Was Gratefully Given One Of My Cravings of My Earlier Post, Being..Craving the Smells and Sounds of Summer because..The Sun is Out here in London, England, its a Lovely 64 and Warm, Sunny And Bright. and we are going To Have This All Week, and it is going to get Warmer Still..Woop Woop..Lol.

Joe's Dad 03-09-2014 09:19 PM

I had a craving earlier.


It got satisfied.

Siobhanni 03-09-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe's Dad (Post 1595115)
I had a craving earlier.


It got satisfied.

Rofl.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright 2006, PowWows.com, LLC