PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Recipes (http://forums.powwows.com/f84/)
-   -   I got a craving... (http://forums.powwows.com/f84/i-got-craving-68439/)

wyo_rose 03-04-2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe's Dad (Post 1594855)
Heck fire, wyo. They've been harvesting strawberries since the first week in February! lol

Send them up this way...we're just getting the cardboard variety still!

Siobhanni 03-04-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyo_rose (Post 1594863)
Send them up this way...we're just getting the cardboard variety still!

Yep Me too Lol..And some of your Warm Peanut Butter Cookies @wyo_rose as those sound "Just Too Good" pleazzze..Lol..

OLChemist 03-05-2014 11:33 AM

@jeanniebee *blush* Thank you.

Botany of Desire does not have a specifically New World focus. But instead documents the human relationship with plants that give us sustenance (potato), sweetness (apple), beauty (tulip), or intoxication (pot).

It is easy to overlook the effect of the agricultural genius of Native farmers. Two species introduced to the rest of world, literally altered human destiny worldwide. The Native peoples of the Andes developed potatoes -- a calorie dense, high nutrient food -- into hundreds of cultivars, which grew from the Amazon basin to the peaks of Andes, yielding even in poor soils. The potato's introduction to Europe fueled an (conservative) estimated 25% increase in total population in Europe in two centuries. And maize, domesticated from a grass, along with rice are the highest calorie common staple corps. Maize significantly increased the population bearing capacity of areas that relied on cassava and yams as the staples. As an animal feed, it has increased the amounts animal proteins available to nearly every human on the planet. Further, the range of cultivars of each still raised by Native farmers is a genetic hedge against future famine.

Now, if you have only eaten the russet and red potato, or the wrenchedly sweet yellow and white corns, available in the markets, you have missed out. The range of flavors for both of these is huge and delightful.

Siobhanni 03-06-2014 08:36 AM

[email protected]OLChemist, Your Welcome:)

OLChemist 03-06-2014 10:54 AM

Dried salmon. The real thing, a light sweet brine, a little smoke then air dried.

The fish counter at the local crunchy-granola market used get a pound or two at Christmas, but I think I was the only person who ever bought any. (The guys working the counter never quite knew how to deal with it. One guy carefully bagged up my order and then packed it on ice, LOL.) this year they didn't have any.

Toolbox 03-06-2014 12:42 PM

I've got a craving for a nap!

Siobhanni 03-06-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toolbox (Post 1594930)
I've got a craving for a nap!

Me too, Defo in the mood for a Snoooze, After Spending 6hrs last night Dancing Non-Stop at the Beyonce Concert I went to At 02 London Areana, with 4,000 other people dancing on the standing floor Area, all Sqashed Together Lol.

*Brown Eyed Gurl* 03-06-2014 04:52 PM

Well its Throat Punch Thursday...I crave to Throat Punch a skinny blonde.

:lol:

and pizza...always always pizza. not that my fat a$$ needs it. :razz:

Chevy_truckin_NDN 03-07-2014 02:13 PM

Mustard for my salty lays regular chips....lol

Siobhanni 03-07-2014 04:52 PM

I have a craving for ...The smells and sounds of Summer..and I crave to see and feel and touch and run through, and Miss Sooo Much..

A alainn a chroi A Sleibhte Chill Mhantain..,A Mathair.(Gaelic Irish)
(My Beautiful, My Heart, My Wicklow Mountains..My Mother)

alumphfres 03-09-2014 03:08 AM

Stawberry Shortcake, disassembled with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and a tall Coca-Cola in the bottle.:cool1:

gilisi 03-09-2014 03:22 AM

[QUOTE=*Brown Eyed Gurl*;1594943]Well its Throat Punch Thursday...I crave to Throat Punch a skinny blonde.

:lol:

I think you can find one of those in Oklahoma taking selfies with a headdress on LOL

Siobhanni 03-09-2014 12:52 PM

She must of Listened and Heard My Thoughts, As I Was Gratefully Given One Of My Cravings of My Earlier Post, Being..Craving the Smells and Sounds of Summer because..The Sun is Out here in London, England, its a Lovely 64 and Warm, Sunny And Bright. and we are going To Have This All Week, and it is going to get Warmer Still..Woop Woop..Lol.

Joe's Dad 03-09-2014 09:19 PM

I had a craving earlier.

It got satisfied.

Siobhanni 03-09-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe's Dad (Post 1595115)
I had a craving earlier.

It got satisfied.

Rofl.