Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Recipes Lasagne Lasagne

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
shorty has a reputation beyond repute
shorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80.00
Savings: 0.00
Thumbs up Lasagne

think i spelt it right :) lol
anwayz
~!~!sooo do u cook your lasagne seperate?

caz i do but the other day i seen someone making it on tv
and they got everthing ready and jus put it all together while the Noodles were just out of the box they layerd everything and then jus threw it in the oven?

now does this really work i really didnt stick around to watch the end but does anyone else do that or do u just cook it all up and then layer it?

~~i would definatly lay it all together and jus toss it in the oven if anyone else does it this way? do u tinfoil the top and then how long do u let it cook~! that would be sooo much easier then the way i do it~~~

..BuffaloHorse
..Eyabay..BattleCreek..
BlazingSaddles..wHIteHorse

CitieHigh..BlackBearCrossing..CederCreek..
ChinikiLake..TimberLand..TBZ..BadNation

..Estayapi..Mandaree..BLACKSTONE ..HIGHNOON..
LakeVermillion..LittleOtter..RedBull*..LynxClan

**Sizzortail..BearCreek..WildROse..cOzad..GtO..

LynxClan..N0rtheRnCree..Tatae`Topaw..MeskwakiNatio n..
StoneyCreek..BlackLodge..YngKingbird..
Oyatae..

Eva-Hey Nakota
..RockyBoyRamblers..PonemahRamblerz..
CumberLand.wildHorse..oGiidakii..SmokeyTown..
NorthernWInd ojibwe plainz
RIP lil brother
shorty is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-05-2007, 11:04 PM   #2
Gotz ta be me!

Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 1.00
Hey!

I've made it both ways and they came out the same.... lol that messed me up! Here I was boiling noodles, draining and rinsing, and trying hard as all heck to keep them from sticking to everything when I coulda skipped that step all together.

I just make sure to use a bit more sauce so the uncooked noodles can cook (they soak up a bit more liquid and can make your lasagna dry.) I don't use tin foil. I just leave it in for an hour and some change, then I remove the lid and add a little extra cheese to the top and bake for about 15 minutes and voila!

One of my favorite recipe sites is

www.recipezaar.com
www.tasteofhome.com (a good site that has a pretty decent catalog with loads of recipes! lol I love to look and drool)
Old 03-06-2007, 05:59 AM   #3
Dweick

Dweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 1.00
I recomend that you cook your pasta but just enough to soften and it gets flexable Singing Otter is right you need extra liquid to make the pasta tender if you decide not to cook it
and as with any pasta it will soak up more and more moisture even after you pull it out of the oven and it cools.

If you want a cover over your las. then oil or butter the part that meets the food so that the cheese wont stick make a few slits in the foil so that trapped steam can escape take the cover off

the whole purpose of baking is to get the temperature in the middle hot to at least 160 degrees then the food is cooked if you dont have a therm. cut a slit and see if you see a stream of steam come right out of the middle then its done
let it sit for about ten to 15 mins before slicing so that the peaces wont fall apart so much

baking time depends on how big your batch is and how dense the weight of the laz you make

I make batches in hotel sized pans and bake at 350 for forty mins than take off my cover to bake ten more mins to golen brown the cheese
Dweick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-06-2007, 06:59 AM   #4
Senior Dancer

shorty has a reputation beyond repute
shorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80.00
awesome thanx guyz~!~!~

ok so i cooked the noodles not sooo done as i usurally do caz theytend to fall apart n then im jus working with like scraps but this totally worked i cooked them to like tender but not done and i left it with some liquid and thre it to gether it without a lid ~~i had always tossed tinfoil over the top ~~this time it all turned out yummmy with a nice top that was layerd in mozzerella cheese ~~turned out fantastic

kids lovedddd it

..BuffaloHorse
..Eyabay..BattleCreek..
BlazingSaddles..wHIteHorse

CitieHigh..BlackBearCrossing..CederCreek..
ChinikiLake..TimberLand..TBZ..BadNation

..Estayapi..Mandaree..BLACKSTONE ..HIGHNOON..
LakeVermillion..LittleOtter..RedBull*..LynxClan

**Sizzortail..BearCreek..WildROse..cOzad..GtO..

LynxClan..N0rtheRnCree..Tatae`Topaw..MeskwakiNatio n..
StoneyCreek..BlackLodge..YngKingbird..
Oyatae..

Eva-Hey Nakota
..RockyBoyRamblers..PonemahRamblerz..
CumberLand.wildHorse..oGiidakii..SmokeyTown..
NorthernWInd ojibwe plainz
RIP lil brother
shorty is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-08-2007, 03:08 PM   #5
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
I don't cook my noodles first at all. I would say it does need to be covered well though, with a lid or tin foil.

I use tin foil, sealed tightly, then remove it after an hour, add the last of the cheese to the top and bake it another 10 - 15 minutes.
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links