Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Creative Writing lets talk/write screenplays lets talk/write screenplays

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2007, 08:29 PM   #1
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
Savings: 1.00
Talking lets talk/write screenplays

im reading
'writing screenplays for complete idiots'
i find it quite helpful
theres another book i took out from the library but i dropped it in the tub a couple of times so they wont let me take it out again until it returns from mends...ill get the title later
im reading some books on 'how to' and im mulling over ideas

any one else writing a screenplay? or thinking of writing one?

i dont need to know what...just need to talk/write so i can do this... ya know support....
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-27-2007, 08:31 PM   #2
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle of the sky View Post
im reading
'writing screenplays for complete idiots'
i find it quite helpful
theres another book i took out from the library but i dropped it in the tub a couple of times so they wont let me take it out again until it returns from mends...ill get the title later
im reading some books on 'how to' and im mulling over ideas

any one else writing a screenplay? or thinking of writing one?

i dont need to know what...just need to talk/write so i can do this... ya know support....
just write about your life adventures^^^ they are hilarious
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-27-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
like an indian female forrest gump?
Old 02-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #4
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle of the sky View Post
like an indian female forrest gump?
Yeah! lol something along those lines ...you can probably out do Sherman Alexie with bizarre and funny stories lol
Old 02-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #5
Granny:)

Items ElephantPresentRainbow
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 20 mins into Canada from the Sumas WA Border. Im practically an American
Credits: 16,430.57
for sure...why not eh

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

*Brown Eyed Gurl* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-27-2007, 08:39 PM   #6
*~the REAL me~*

but those books aren't helpful if you're only a partial idiot! you have to be complete see ya MOTS but seriously, you CAN do this!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 08:51 PM   #7
Northerner in Florida

J.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 60.00
Savings: 802.28
I've written one, and working on another. (I've also written a few novels).
Some books I'd recommend:
Lew Hunter's Screenwriting 434
The Screenwriter's Bible - David Trottier
The Elements of Screenwriting - Irwin R. Blacker
Making a Good Script Great - Linda Seger

There are two expensive screenwriting programs (Final Draft and Magic Movie Screenwriter), but as you're just starting out, I'd suggest the free route.
ScreenPro is a shareware Screenwriting Template for Word. (This is what I use and recommend)
http://www.passarella.com/screenpro/
There is also BBC's ScriptSmart
http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/scriptsmart/

If you're looking for a place to connect with other screenwriters, check out:
http://www.triggerstreet.com/gyrobase/index

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:51 PM   #8
Choc-lack-chick!

Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 535.92
I have a project in my head, so thanks J.L. for the info. Now, anybody wanna read my novel??? LOL, It took me forever to write it, now if I could just get the nerve up to send it out...
Homalosa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-27-2007, 11:06 PM   #9
crazywolf

crazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 338.47
I have been mulling over a story idea for a comic book. I basically know how to go about doing it, trouble is finding time to do it. Been swamped with remodeling the house, getting ready to move to minnesota, and just working. So creativity has to take a backseat.

Derek
crazywolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-28-2007, 01:29 PM   #10
THE Lakota Wiyan

Lakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
I have a really great idea, but I think I want to write it more for the stage instead of film. Actually there are two stories that I have that will translate well. I want to thank Benet for the suggestions! This thread could help out alot, since I'm kinda shaky on how to write a play! I've acted, but never written, so this is going to be a big shake up for me!
Lakota Wiyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-28-2007, 05:23 PM   #11
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
thx jl benet.... that template will come in helpful...
Old 02-28-2007, 05:47 PM   #12
Northerner in Florida

J.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 60.00
Savings: 802.28
If you want to get a novel (or screenplay) done, but can't seem to manage it, I suggest getting a hold of The Weekend Novelist by Robert J. Ray. It will take you step by easy step. In under a year you will have a novel done, and it won't seem like that much work while you're doing it.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:39 PM   #13
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
when is the best time to write? i dont know when i can fit an absolute quiet time..i need absolute quiet..has to be in the morning for an hour..and i have to squeeze in a workout also or maybe change that... theres not enough time in a day eh...im going to keep a log of writing time... whats your writing schedule?
Old 03-02-2007, 10:54 AM   #14
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
actually..i think music can be a good source of inspiration..the type of music to fit the scene...eh
Old 03-03-2007, 11:08 PM   #15
THE Lakota Wiyan

Lakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
I start writing by NOT writing...if that makes sense at all. I take any quiet time I can get, even a few minutes and just THINK about characters, and dialogue, and plot lines. Actually I dont like to think out plot lines to much because I hate being restricted and to structured. I prefer to have things happen, and then when I run out of ideas, I go back and reorganize. I know this wont work for more organized minds, but for this mess between my ears, it works really well.

Also, I dont think that sitting down and writing at a certain time works for everyone. UNLESS you have a very organized schedule and can turn off and on your writing inspiration, setting a certain time for writing can frustrate you. I always have a scrap of paper on me, and at least a piece of pencil, just in case I have to write down a note. This is just terrible for my husband who is also a writer, and very OCD! HE is very organized and can write well like that, but I am very, very free flowing. So, if you can't figure out a set time to write, then maybe you shouldn't!

These are just some of my own ideas that work for me, but I'd sure love to hear more about what others do! I just think Native people need to start using their natural instinct and talent for storytelling.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:06 AM   #16
Choc-lack-chick!

Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Most of my writing comes to me as scenes in my head. That's why I really want to try screenplays. My poems come to me in lines. It's weird, perhaps psycho, but I'll literally "hear" a line in my head. Sometimes it's a line or a word. When I ignore it I hate myself because I'll soon forget, so whatever I'm doing, I try to steal a moment and write down the line. I put it where I can find it when I later near a computer and go. The coolest piece came to me in a dream. I couldn't believe it, I dreamed the entire piece and woke myself up to write it down.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:55 PM   #17
THE Lakota Wiyan

LOL I've done that before, and I have also questioned my own sanity. I love to play out the scenes, especially the dialogue, out loud...so I make sure I have plenty of alone time when I do that. I should buy a bloothtooth ear piece so I look like I'm actually talking to someone on the phone when I'm in my car...might cut down on the looks I get.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:31 PM   #18
Choc-lack-chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakota Wiyan View Post
LOL I've done that before, and I have also questioned my own sanity. I love to play out the scenes, especially the dialogue, out loud...so I make sure I have plenty of alone time when I do that. I should buy a bloothtooth ear piece so I look like I'm actually talking to someone on the phone when I'm in my car...might cut down on the looks I get.
Thank you so much for saying that! I'm not alone. You know what else gets me working dialogue out loud? Listening to music in my earphones. The music plays as the score while the words just come. I lock the door to keep from being embarrassed. Then again just about all of us in my family are artists so it doesn't matter. My husband is a music producer and time and time again we hear melodies he sings on the answering machine.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:30 AM   #19
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
i scratched my first idea for a screenplay... im gonna start a totally different idea... this site is really gonna confuse me...
question: do indian legends follow this hero structure...
http://www.thewritersjourney.com/
jk...
happy writings all..
congrates h
Old 03-29-2007, 01:03 AM   #20
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
canadian writers..emerging and pros...the deadline is june 7..2007... dont wait till last minute like some people...haha

http://www.canadacouncil.ca/grants/w...2247343750.htm

im gonna try so i can just stay home and write what the hell
Sponsored Links