Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Creative Writing > Pow Wow Call for submissions - short notice Call for submissions - short notice

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2007, 01:49 PM   #1
Founder, Redbird

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
RedbirdsVision will become famous soon enough
Credits: 1,057.32
Savings: 0.00
Call for submissions - short notice

Why We Sing, Why We Dance – Redbird 2007 Powwow Program

I would like to ask you if you would be willing to write something for the Redbird 2007 powwow program.

Usually I put the program together myself, but I don’t want to do that this year. Instead, I would like to compile the thoughts of others about what a powwow is to them, why they sing, why they dance. This is also open to people who are not singers or dancers, including those who are not Indian, because it would be good to know what it is about the powwow that continues to attract non-native people.

Time is an issue. I need your thoughts, ideas, stories, and a picture if you want to send one, by July 7. I will make every attempt to include everyone who responds. I will also give you credit but you have to tell me what name and tribal affiliation, if any, you want to appear as the credit. I will try to include pictures. I will also not edit your work for anything but spelling errors.

It doesn’t have to be flowery or three pages long; in fact, what will work best is three to four paragraphs, or less. If you don't want to make a public post here please email me at [email protected]

If you aren’t sure if this is something you want to participate in and you need more information, please visit our website at www.RedbirdsVision.org

The absolute deadline is July 7 and that is not very far away. I apologize for such short notice; the idea came to me ylast week while I was not in front of a computer, and I am getting this request for your participation out as quickly as I can.

Many thanks for your help! Mitakuye Oyasin,

Corina
RedbirdsVision is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links