Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree1045Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Creative Writing > Pow Wow Pow wows.com 1st annual virtual pow wow thread       ad Pow wows.com 1st annual virtual pow wow thread ad

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #261
Biboon omaa

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,431.63
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
Ohhhhhh solitare...

I have to respectfully decline the Arena Director position. Yeah I know. It's short notice but I have a good reason. I was arena director at the big University of Oklahoma powwow and a couple of things happened that I have never seen happen at a powwow before!

The first was a little girl projectile blew her chow of peas and carrots all over the dance arena! The powwow was detained and Whome had to bring a mop and pale and clean it up in front of EVERYONE!

The next thing that happened is a big fight broke out at the edge of the arena near the entrance. It was a 3 on 1 ordeal and Whome had to go break it up and pull bodies off the combatants until security arrived.

These ordeals kinda made me gunshy to accepting arena director positions as a result!!!
What happen did somebody came in drunk? if so get him/her the boot.
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #262
Champion Dancer

Items Tree
solitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond repute
solitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20,109.83
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
Ohhhhhh solitare...

I have to respectfully decline the Arena Director position. Yeah I know. It's short notice but I have a good reason. I was arena director at the big University of Oklahoma powwow and a couple of things happened that I have never seen happen at a powwow before!

The first was a little girl projectile blew her chow of peas and carrots all over the dance arena! The powwow was detained and Whome had to bring a mop and pale and clean it up in front of EVERYONE!

The next thing that happened is a big fight broke out at the edge of the arena near the entrance. It was a 3 on 1 ordeal and Whome had to go break it up and pull bodies off the combatants until security arrived.

These ordeals kinda made me gunshy to accepting arena director positions as a result!!!
.....so you're afraid of a lil virtual upchuck?
solitare is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #263
Pronounced like "docket"

Items Rainbow$CakeTreasure Chest
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 7,375.82
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Powwow Dancer View Post
What happen did somebody came in drunk? if so get him/her the boot.
What if he only wears mocs?
docat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #264
Champion Dancer

Items Tree
solitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
Who is on deck for their specials?
@Toolbox what do we have for specials?

the grammas are dancin it up over there by themselves.......can we get a special of some sort and get em in the arena here?

Hey everyone.....come git your kids and keep a handle on em would ya! We have some crashes going on with the dancers and that's NOT COOL!
Old 04-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #265
Pronounced like "docket"

docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitare View Post

the grammas are dancin it up over there by themselves.......can we get a special of some sort and get em in the arena here?

Hey everyone.....come git your kids and keep a handle on em would ya! We have some crashes going on with the dancers and that's NOT COOL!
If you see @Fang, tell her I got the yard work done today. The rain stayed at bay and I didn't have any excuses not to do it.

So that's all done. Now that I got the work done, I am hoping it will stay dry for the powwow.
Stands Alone, Fang and solitare like this.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #266
Champion Dancer

Items Tree
For those of you in the audience there are a few more ways in which one can twinkee.

11..you own collector plates featuring men with rippling muscles, feathers, and prostrate maidens.
12..you've never been to a 49.
13..you've never woken up with a houseful strangers fixing themselves breakfast, eating your bacon, and calling you 'cousin'.
14..you bought the collectible Barbie (tm) 'with authentic Native costume'.
15..you named your dog, cat, or hamster for a famous Native American.
16..you think Dances with Wolves is a great movie.
17..you don't know who Leonard Peltier is.
18..you want to know where to apply to get your Indian name.
19..you desperately want to date a Native American person.
20..you've been studying Native American spirituality for three months and are now ready to lead a sweat.

if this fits you pleeeeeze.............

pow wow folks please fill in the blanks
Old 04-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #267
Frybread glutton

Items Treasure Chest
Fang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond repute
Fang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 16,966.06
Quote:
Originally Posted by docat View Post
If you see @Fang, tell her I got the yard work done today. The rain stayed at bay and I didn't have any excuses not to do it.

So that's all done. Now that I got the work done, I am hoping it will stay dry for the powwow.
I was wondering what you were doing over there! Dirt was flying, sprinklers were goin, muskrats bones were flying... but the finish product looks lovely. Congrats on all that hard work!

Now someone get in the arena before I have to start doing the macarena alone! ....or maybe the Time Warp would be more fitting of this powwow.
Fang is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #268
Champion Dancer

Items Tree
Quote:
For those of you in the audience there are a few more ways in which one can twinkee.

11..you own collector plates featuring men with rippling muscles, feathers, and prostrate maidens.
13..you've never woken up with a houseful strangers fixing themselves breakfast, eating your bacon, and calling you 'cousin'.
20..you've been studying Native American spirituality for three months and are now ready to lead a sweat.

crap! I might be a twinkee!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #269
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
Credits: 80,861.02
Savings: 1.00
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
@solitare @Fang @docat @White Powwow Dancer @WhoMe @Stands Alone @muskrat_skull @AmigoKumeyaay @Toolbox

did i miss something? is it over?
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #270
Frybread glutton

Items Treasure Chest
Fang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond repute
Fang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
We're all waiting in the bathroom line! Darn ndn food is getting to us.

I let that white guy with the colorful feathers guard the vendor tables while we're away. He seems friendly and trustworthy enough!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #271
Senior Dancer

Items DollCatTreasure ChestDevil
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20,576.33
Quote:
.....so you're afraid of a lil virtual upchuck?
Don't worry, I'll clean it up, if its peas and carrots...who would upchuck that? People are crazy these days. I may have to fight Timmy the talking porcupine for it though.
muskrat_skull is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #272
Senior Dancer

muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

They tried to put me in my own deep fryer...
Old 04-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #273
Senior Dancer

Oh here she comes again, this is for @solitare's excellent powwow idea!!! For @Zeke's cake And @muskrat's beautiful grand entry (yes, she said that, really)...

Old 04-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #274
Senior Dancer

Quote:

20. When your dreamcatcher gets tangled up in your goddess wand and knocks over your buddha, scattering your crystals and you hurt your chakras bending over to get them because your acoustic therapy appointment conflicted with your yoga session taught by space aliens.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #275
Pronounced like "docket"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post

Not everybody spends the day AND night at the computer, SPrinkler-dude. You indeed missed the info that THIS IS AN ETERNAL powwow. In fact YOU CAN'T LEAVE if you wanted to.

Welcome to POWWOWS for EVER.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #276
Pronounced like "docket"

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskrat_skull View Post
Oh here she comes again, this is for @solitare's excellent powwow idea!!! For @Zeke's cake And @muskrat's beautiful grand entry (yes, she said that, really)...

Who wants a car? I Want a new Chevy Truck...
Old 04-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #277
Frybread glutton

Items Treasure Chest
Quote:
Originally Posted by docat View Post

Who wants a car? I Want a new Chevy Truck...

And I want a Zimmer Golden Spirit, but we can't have everything we want. Now get back to dancing and beading!
Old 04-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #278
Champion Dancer

Items Tree
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskrat_skull View Post

wow this was the greatest give away EVER!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #279
Pronounced like "docket"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang View Post
And I want a Zimmer Golden Spirit, but we can't have everything we want. Now get back to dancing and beading!

...Yeah...allow 14-16 weeks delivery, they are making them in rural China.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #280
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 67,040.06
The specials and their sponsors for today are:

1). Mens Fancy - none other than Furiously Fancy (where the heck is he anyways)

2). Potato Dance - Grits & Beans and lbgood

3). Mens Grass - Me (BTW your prize is a a smiley face emoticon)

4). Clown dance - JD

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links