Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Ndn8tive

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Creative Writing > Short Stories Bigfoot?? Bigfoot??

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2019, 04:18 PM   #1
Ndn8tive

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Ndn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,452.74
Savings: 0.00
Bigfoot??

One day while I was at my grandmotherís place, I believe it was the summer of 1985. I went on along hike around the mountain area of our property and towards the end of my hike, I ended up Ĺ a mile from my grandmotherís house on top of a large sandstone rock out cropping. The house could be seen from these rocks. I was climbing these rocks when I became stuck on a ledge about 20 feet from the ground below. I sat there holding on because if I tried to climb back up or any movement I would slide downward, the sandstone was very grainy like sand under your hand. so, I sat there trying to think of an easier way to climb back up or wondering if I should just jump. It was warm out that afternoon and very very quiet as I sat there thinking. Then I heard branches breaking somewhere in the distance down below, so I slowly looked all around looking for movement. I could not see anything the tree top foliage was too thick. The sound was getting louder, maybe it was a deer or a bear I hoped not. But it sounded more like someone was walking very slowly, someone very large or heavy. Then I thought about what my cousin said that they saw a very large shadow walking like a man across their field, but it had no clothes. I got scared and held on more as I kept looking for movement below, maybe it was Bigfoot or whatever my cousin saw. I was thinking and if it was, it could probably easily smell me. I sat there for may be about 30 minutes with my mind racing, and I was afeared for my life as I heard more crunching as if it was moving around. I heard a few closer steps, but still no movement down below, maybe he was looking around because it smelled me but didnít know I was on the rocks looking down. Then finally I heard the steps and crunching branches slowly heading in the other direction. I waited and listened for a while till I thought whatever it was, was over the small hill below. My heart was beating so fast guess I had an adrenalin rush. I looked down ward for a spot where there was a clearing, counted to 10 quickly then I stood up quickly and ran on the side of the sandstone rocks as far as I could towards the clearing, then I jumped, while I was in the air I quickly thought Oh crap please donít break a leg or sprang an ankle but I landed in a soft sandy spot rolled a little bit then jumped to my feet and ran as fast as I could towards the house. I heard rustling of trees behind me but didnít look back, I just kept running through the woods trying to dodge branches, getting slapped in the face by others and jumping over fallen dead trees and old rotted logs and small ditches, nothing was going to stop me. I kept thinking please donít catch me and eat me, as I finally made it to the house ran inside and quickly closed the front door behind me. My mom leaves the door and windows open for the fresh mountain breeze, then I quickly looked out the windows nothing. I was still very jumpy for a while, sitting, sipping water and looking out of the kitchen window when my mom must have heard me run inside and close the door so, she came out of her bedroom and opened the front door. The threshold door sweep made a loud scraping noise on the wooden living room floor. And I jumped out of my chair and just about had a heart attack, almost jumped out of my skin (ever hear a man scream...lol, JK), she just said itís hot in here leave the door open. I went over and kept looking out the front door. I never did tell her or anyone they would just make fun of me. Maybe except for my cousin, I always wondered what it was and if it saw me or followed me. I still walked through the woods after that but always carry a long sharp pointed staff or my hand made 15Ē blade knife. Probably wonít help but made me feel safer lol.
Ndn8tive is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links