Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ndn8tive

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Creative Writing > Short Stories Smart Sheep Dogs Smart Sheep Dogs

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2019, 11:34 PM   #1
Ndn8tive

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Ndn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond reputeNdn8tive has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,452.74
Savings: 0.00
Smart Sheep Dogs

When we were small, I believe we were in the 3rd and 4th grade and went to a government boarding school. I remember my grandmother yelling at my brother and I to hurry and get ready and eat our breakfast as we had slept in too late 7;30am. And the sheep dogs were already letting the sheep out of the corral. My grandmother would put the puppies in the sheep corral with the sheep, and they would learn to guard the sheep, they even slept with the sheep or near them. Anyway, we would look out the kitchen window and stuff out face then hurry and fill our pockets with small cars and run down the road towards the sheep. Carrying a small bag with water and some sandwiches and hard candy that grandmother had packed for us. The sheep dogs knew how to open the corral fence and every morning at the same time whether we were ready or not the sheep would be running down the road. We would just follow the tracks until we caught up with them, the sheep dogs were always sitting there watching the sheep. And we would find a big shade free and start making roads and playing with our cars, every so often we would get up and look out for the sheep. Sometimes they would be fine grazing other times they were gone, and we quickly pack up and follow their tracks and find then then find another tree to play under. The day would always go by so quickly. One day the sheep were gone, and we could not find them, so of course being brothers, we blamed each other for not watching the sheep and it started to get late. So, as we walked home, we tried to make up a believable store and told our grandmother we must have fallen asleep and we couldn’t find the sheep when we got up. She just gave us a mean look then She said that we must go back out and find them because there were many lambs and the coyotes might get them. So, we grabbed the flashlights and headed back out over the hill. It was scary going out when it was getting dark. My auntie followed far behind us for a while then said called out. Hey, get over here…she told us that the sheep dogs brought the sheep back an hour ago. but they were wondering where we were. So, my auntie and grandmother decided to teach us a lesion. Yeah happiness lol
windanncer likes this.
Ndn8tive is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links