Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back >   > News and Announcements 2012 PowWows.com Princess Contest 2012 PowWows.com Princess Contest

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #1
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,940.82
Savings: 0.00
2012 PowWows.com Princess Contest

Application are open to be the 2012 PowWows.com Princess

Applications will be accepted until January 31. A poll will then be open for the member's of PowWows.com vote. The members will also be able to question the contestants.

The contest is open to all unmarried female members of PowWows.com that registered for the site prior to 2011.

The PowWows.com Princess is expected to be an ambassador for the site online and offline. The winner will also be expected to blog regularly about her travels, Pow Wow news, photos and more.

The Princess will be given a $400 honorarium to cover expenses. The honorarium will be paid at the end of the reign if all expectations are met.

The Princess will be given a sash. She will also wear the PowWows.com crown during her reign.

If you are interested in applying, please post the following information below.

1. Name
2. Tribe
3. Occupation
4. Age
5. 3 Photos
6. Why do you want to be the PowWows.com Princess?
7. The Princess will be expected to post Pow Wow reports regularly. Please submit a brief report of the last Pow Wow you attended. Feel free to include photos.

Thanks and good luck!
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2012, 01:13 AM   #2
Zintkala Towa Win

Zintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond repute
Zintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,256.34
Looking Forward to the Contest This Year

I am looking forward to seeing all the proud young indigenous women who will be running for the Powwows.com Princess for 2012-2013!! I wish them all the best of luck!!
Zintkala Towa Win is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
Webmaster

Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone please spread the word!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
Teen Dancer

Items Present
sbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond repute
sbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 3,563.38
Talking Asking for your support in 2012 :-)

Hello my name is Sarah Barnes, I know several of you know me from online and others are probably thinking WHO is she? Well I was honored by being asked to represent you all in 2011 as the first ever Powwows.com Ambassador, so I took the opportunity and I will have to say it made my year of 2011 AWESOME!! I want to think you all for the support and continued support you gave me! It was amazing! I also loved traveling and promoted Powwows.com to the best of my ability throughout 2011, I met so many people along the way, even my college for the most part knows about Powwows.com now :-) Oh and even some members of JobCorps up in KY :D .

Now for the information :
Name: Sarah Gail Barnes
Tribe: Cherokee, Choctaw and others-not enrolled
Occupation: College student majoring in Social Work/Social Welfare at Dyersburg State Community College, also taking a course in Electronic Health Records, and Legal Assisting- I have several training hours in Early Childhood Education, but decided I wanted to go more into helping the world around me and not just one specific age group. I am also a DNA collector for paternity cases, I get called in to collect DNA at the local jails and prisons :-), then I am a substitute teacher at Building Blocks Learning Center here in Ripley, and also a tutor during the school year in the evenings- I stay busy but I know what I want for myself in this life and thus I am going to work had to get there :-)
Photos:

Why do you want to be Powwows.com Princess:I want to be your 2012 Powwows.com Princess because I really love this website! It is my go to guide whenever I'm looking for videos of dancing, photos of different styles or regalia, and I use it as a reference whenever I can for classwork or special cultural projects. I also had so much fun being the Powwows.com Ambassador last year I hope I can reign this year as your Princess!! Please vote for me- I will fulfill my "job"(although I don't classify it as work since it is so fun) duties and get to as many events as I can afford!

As far as a brief report of my last powwow- I am adding this link to my post "2011-2012 Ambassador Travels-it has information,pictures and a link to a couple of YouTube videos-please take time to review :-)http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=61886

Ok, hope that all was not confusing, and I will greatly appreciate your votes for me for 2012 POWWOWS.COM PRINCESS!!

Please let me know of any questions you may have- thanks you again and God Bless-Sarah
sbarnes88 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2012, 03:24 AM   #5
Southern Women's

tonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond repute
tonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,837.23
Rozlynn Tone-Pah-Hote
Kiowa/Maya/Oneida
Full Time student at Montgomery County Community College receiving certification in Medical Coding
22 years old

tphr1_pic1.jpg
tphr1_pic2.jpg

I want to be your 2012 Powwows.com Princess because I love going to pow-wows and representing Native people! I love coming on the website b/c I can come here when I am having a bad day and laugh with some of the "residents" LOL I also had so much fun going to pow-wows and meeting some of our members at them!! Please vote for me- I will keep up with everyone on my travels of pow-wows as I can afford!

The last pow-wow I went to last year was Shinnecock Indian Pow-Wow. Being able to dance with my family and friends was an amazing feeling. The colors of the beadwork and feather work are that of Crayola Crayon Factory. I loved watching the young children and the older adults come out and join in the singing and dancing.

Last edited by Toolbox; 02-01-2012 at 01:33 AM.. Reason: Image link issue - resolved
tonepahhoter1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonepahhoter1 View Post
Rozlynn Tone-Pah-Hote
Kiowa/Maya/Oneida
Full Time student at Montgomery County Community College recieving certification in Medical Coding
22 years old

I want to be your 2012 Powwows.com Princess because I love going to pow-wows and representing Native people! I love coming on the website b/c I can come here when I am having a bad day and laugh with some of the "residents" LOL I also had so much fun going to pow-wows and meeting some of our memberd at them!! Please vote for me- I will keep up with everyone on my travels of pow-wows as I can afford!

The last pow-wow I went to last year was Shinnecock Indian Pow-Wow. Being able to dance with my family and friends was an amazing feeling. The colors of the beadwork and feather work are that of Crayola Crayon Factory. I loved watching the young children and the older adults come out and join in the singing and dancing.
The pictures you linked to from Facebook aren't showing up.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
Powwows.com Princess

Items Panda
ugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond repute
ugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,530.89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
Everyone please spread the word!
Will do.

I've added more pics etc. to my thread:
"2011-2012 Powwows.com Princess travels".

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

ugidali is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2012, 11:02 PM   #8
Zintkala Towa Win

Zintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond reputeZintkala Towa Win has a reputation beyond repute
Say What?!

Is there really only two people running this year?
Old 01-31-2012, 11:45 PM   #9
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantRainbowDevilDevil
Eagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond repute
Eagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 32,425.79
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zintkala Towa Win View Post
Is there really only two people running this year?
Looks like it since today is the cut off. Should be interesting
Old 02-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #10
Teen Dancer

Items Present
sbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond repute
sbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond reputesbarnes88 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow for real, and now we are down to the final minutes before Feb 1st.. hmm :-/
Old 02-01-2012, 01:48 AM   #11
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 93,168.19
Bump

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-01-2012, 01:53 AM   #12
Zintkala Towa Win

Throwing My Hat (aka Nomination) into the Ring

Name: Amanda Taylor
Tribe: Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe
Occupation: Full time Student getting my Lakota Language Teaching Certification for the State of South Dakota. I am also the new Tribal Historic Preservation Office Data Entry Clerk for the Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe.

I want to represent as Powwows.com Princes for 2012-2013 because I am dedicated to the continuation and preservation of the language of my people. I love to dance and be active within my culture!! I have represented the Tiospaye Student Council at the University of South Dakota for two years as Miss Tiospaye USD. I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts majoring in American Indian Studies with a 3.0 GPA. Last semester, as a student in the Lakota Language Education Action Program, I was named to the Dean's List with a semester GPA of 3.75. I believe that not only could I represent my own community with pride and honor but I feel like I could do the Powwwows.com community proud too!!
Attached Thumbnails
33487_441113722491_699517491_5087681_2485095_n.jpg   23546_385586042491_699517491_3788391_1957001_n.jpg   n699517491_1944058_7069212.jpg  
Old 02-01-2012, 02:11 AM   #13
Zintkala Towa Win

I look forward to being apart of this contest with both Sarah and Rozlynn!! Good luck ladies!!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:20 AM   #14
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 93,168.19
Recently we had a discussion on how to bring more "Powwow" people to this site, not just the forums. So my question to all of the candidates is:

How would you bring and involve more Powwow people or ndn's in general to this site?

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-01-2012, 02:23 AM   #15
Southern Women's

tonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond reputetonepahhoter1 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zintkala Towa Win View Post
I look forward to being apart of this contest with both Sarah and Rozlynn!! Good luck ladies!!
Good luck to you too!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:25 AM   #16
Teen Dancer

Items Present
I just wanted to say Good Luck to both Rozlynn and Amanda!! Also I am proud to see that all of us are in college education is very important and we all are getting it :-) Good luck again!! Have a great day!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:29 AM   #17
Teen Dancer

Items Present
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
Recently we had a discussion on how to bring more "Powwow" people to this site, not just the forums. So my question to all of the candidates is:

How would you bring and involve more Powwow people or ndn's in general to this site?
I think the best way to bring more people to the site is by making more people aware of the site. While I was ambassador last year I had so many people walk up and ask-"You mean there is an actual website for more information and ways of connecting to more NDN people?" So I from experience know we have to get the word out there to get more people online. As Powwows.com Princess (whomever is chosen) needs to be able to connect with all the people and let everyone know about the website and what is offered and what can be learned through this site.

2012 Powwows.com Princess :D
Old 02-01-2012, 02:39 AM   #18
Southern Women's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post

As a Native myself, I can certainly guarantee that word of mouth is a good idea. I have traveled extensively throughout the U.S. and Canada. Thats how I found out about powwows.com. "This one time..." That's almost how everything starts. I also do shows for colleges and universities that have Native services on campus. So, my plan as powwows.com Princess, is to educate Natives to join powwows.com and what services are offered to the Indigenous peoples.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:42 AM   #19
Zintkala Towa Win

In Response to Toolbox's Question

"Recently we had a discussion on how to bring more "Powwow" people to this site, not just the forums. So my question to all of the candidates is:

How would you bring and involve more Powwow people or ndn's in general to this site?" Toolbox

I was actually turned onto this site a few years back for by my parents when I was looking for pow wows and they had me use to site as a way of advertising for my naming/outgoing princess special. I don't mean to pick apart the semantic but I would have to ask you how you would define "pow wow" people. Because at a pow wow you have vendors, dancers, spectators, organizers, drum groups, etc. As far as I can see, this website gets a great deal or traction with people. As for me personally, I have recommended this site to many people when they are looking for information.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #20
Webmaster

Poll is now online:
http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=62320
Sponsored Links