Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Crafts > General Crafts > Tutorials Applique introduction Applique introduction

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #61
Howling at the moon.

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Wolfsong has a reputation beyond reputeWolfsong has a reputation beyond reputeWolfsong has a reputation beyond reputeWolfsong has a reputation beyond reputeWolfsong has a reputation beyond reputeWolfsong has a reputation beyond reputeWolfsong has a reputation beyond reputeWolfsong has a reputation beyond reputeWolfsong has a reputation beyond reputeWolfsong has a reputation beyond reputeWolfsong has a reputation beyond reputeWolfsong has a reputation beyond reputeWolfsong has a reputation beyond reputeWolfsong has a reputation beyond reputeWolfsong has a reputation beyond reputeWolfsong has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 641.00
Savings: 0.00
Beaver Tutorial

Wow, thank so much for your Tutorial on applique Blackbear, such great instructions. I am new to beading and now I can try my hand at this by going by your directions..........Such nice work!!!!
I love these 2 forum, Beading and Crafts as you all really help us neebies out on things we can we don't know how to do.
Wolfsong is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2008, 10:22 AM   #62
Pow Wow Visitor

snywalker is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 120.00
I tried to bead a project. This tutorial was great, but I ran into a problem when I finished with the beads. How do you prepare the piece to have the paper glued on? (trimming the edges or folding it under) What type of glue do you use? And how do you do the fringe?

Thank you.
snywalker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-22-2008, 02:20 AM   #63
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
you put glue on it, then stick it to your plastic and then the backing gets glued on.. then trim with scissors close but not cutting threads and then edge bead.

Fringe is fringe...and there's a hundred ways to do fringe these days... you might want to specify what kind you want to learn to do.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:14 PM   #64
Pow Wow Visitor

snywalker is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 120.00
Edge

I like how you did the edge on the beaver necklace. How was that done?
snywalker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2009, 12:26 PM   #65
Buckskinner

The Last Joe-hican is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 447.00
Excelent tutorial! I just finished my first rosette, and I did it a little different because I hadn't read this yet, but now my next on will be easier.

For bigger pieces I've seen people use an artists canvas, like you would paint on. You can get them in different sizes and they are already stretched out on a frame, they are also treated with some kind of primer that helps make them a little stiffer and easier to draw on than canvas by itself.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:28 AM   #66
Part time beadworker...

*Powwow_Princess* has a reputation beyond repute*Powwow_Princess* has a reputation beyond repute*Powwow_Princess* has a reputation beyond repute*Powwow_Princess* has a reputation beyond repute*Powwow_Princess* has a reputation beyond repute*Powwow_Princess* has a reputation beyond repute*Powwow_Princess* has a reputation beyond repute*Powwow_Princess* has a reputation beyond repute*Powwow_Princess* has a reputation beyond repute*Powwow_Princess* has a reputation beyond repute*Powwow_Princess* has a reputation beyond repute*Powwow_Princess* has a reputation beyond repute*Powwow_Princess* has a reputation beyond repute*Powwow_Princess* has a reputation beyond repute*Powwow_Princess* has a reputation beyond repute*Powwow_Princess* has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
I love the leaf beads you used on the fringe, I feel like it really ties everything together, what a beautiful piece of artwork.
*Powwow_Princess* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #67
Pow Wow Visitor

Ghi-Goo-ie is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 422.50
I am so grateful for the tutorial and the tips. I am definitely going to do more bead appliqué on Pelion. I have used it for sewing but never thought of it for beading. Thanks for your generosity in sharing!
Ghi-Goo-ie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links