Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Crafts > General Crafts > Tutorials Otter cape Otter cape

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
theprairiefire is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 777.13
Savings: 0.00
Lightbulb Otter cape- I need help!

I am tryin 2 make a otter cape 4 my outfit. I am wondering how to attach the backing cloth 2 the otter, can it be glued? I purchased some red melton cloth 4 backing. Is there a trick to this job that anyone knows?

Last edited by theprairiefire; 12-06-2011 at 06:30 PM..
theprairiefire is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #2
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,915.95
Quote:
Originally Posted by theprairiefire View Post
I am tryin 2 make a otter cape 4 my outfit. I am wondering how to attach the backing cloth 2 the otter, can it be glued? I purchased some red melton cloth 4 backing. Is there a trick to this job that anyone knows?
Otter skins being sacred need to be sewn on to the backing, on a cape that moves with you the glue would not last. As well when you sew the fur to the material ,, go in staggers through the center area by tacking the leather gently to the material, the edge needs to be sewn with about 1/4 inch stitches. Slowly fold the skins over the material and stitch the middle of the fur first to stop the lift effect, then sew the whole edge after. You may even included a small pocket in the material for tobacco of course.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.
Tibiki Kinew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

theprairiefire is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 777.13
thanx...i was thinking of leaving an outer edging on. but not 2 sure how 2 do
theprairiefire is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links