PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Tutorials (http://forums.powwows.com/f99/)
-   -   Sequin Work (http://forums.powwows.com/f99/sequin-work-26010/)

walela49 06-03-2005 01:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's my latest set:

or see the full sized image in my gallery:
http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...24&ppuser=7787

Blackbear 06-03-2005 01:29 PM

Very pretty!!!!

AngelFeather 06-09-2005 01:54 PM

very beautiful work!!! awesome...

BB makes sum beautiful barrettes too...

FancyRedHot 06-17-2005 11:21 PM

When do you take orders?

Quote:

Originally Posted by walela49
ok, here's a completed set that I sold recently (to a girl who's gonna wear it this weekend at the GON...so if you're judging, vote for HER....aaaayyyyyeeeee!).

I will be making a fancy shawl outfit soon and was wondering if you were taking orders? If so, I would like to buy a set from you. Your work is great. I was sent to you by a mentor of mine. Let me know when you get a chance please. Thank you for your time.
Carrie

Blackbear 06-19-2005 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FancyRedHot
I will be making a fancy shawl outfit soon and was wondering if you were taking orders? If so, I would like to buy a set from you. Your work is great. I was sent to you by a mentor of mine. Let me know when you get a chance please. Thank you for your time.
Carrie

Folks, please post requests for beadwork, crafts of any sort in the trading post area please. These areas are for discussion while the trading post is just for buying , selling , bartering, trading.. ok? If you have a certain person in mind like this.. then please PM that person. Thanks!!

firecloud 06-19-2005 01:35 PM

So how are those sets made? Are the beads sewn onto the top of the sequince? I have to ask because i've never made any thing like that and it looks so pretty.. so inquiring mind would love to know....Thanks :)

FancyRedHot 06-19-2005 05:32 PM

Firecloud,
If you go to number 1 on this thread, she gives you details on what you need and step-by-step directions, with pictures. I am going to attempt to try it today.
But the beads do go on top of the sequins.
Hope that helps.

firecloud 06-19-2005 10:16 PM

WOW! the directions for the sequin sounds super easy and not to hard to do. Sounds like a fun way to make everything "SPARKLE" Now i just gotta try one.....maybe something small and simple to start. The tuturial was wonderful and very easy to follow. :) SUPER!

walela49 06-22-2005 01:44 PM

hey everybody...I'M BAAAACK!

so we moved from Texas to SE Kansas and it took 2 stinkin' weeks to get internet...but we upgraded to DSL, wooohooo! I was going into powwows.com withdrawals! LOL. and I'll get to emailing and pm-ing again today!!!

Mezzobean 06-22-2005 08:36 PM

I just read through this entire thread and was really glad! Great directions and photos, etc. Thanks for taking the time to explain everything so thoroughly.

walela49 07-13-2005 10:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here's a new set in progress... these will be a purse, 2 side barrettes, and a hairtie:

AngieBuns 07-13-2005 11:07 AM

Quote:

here's a new set in progress... these will be a purse, 2 side barrettes, and a hairtie:

Your work keeps on getting better and better! Did you see the pics I sent you of me in my sunday best;) You rock

walela49 07-13-2005 11:10 AM

yeah, girl I loved those pics...you're gorgeous, all regal and stuff! LOL, seriously though, everything looks great!

s_jingle 07-14-2005 12:43 PM

I dont know if anyone asked already...i didnt see it...but what material do use to draw your pattern on?....i looked at the pictures and i couldnt telll...thanks so much for all this info! it helps alot! :adore:

walela49 07-14-2005 02:08 PM

I draw my patterns on paper (and lots of times I print them out using "Paint" on my computer) and glue that to the fabric that is stretched on an embroidery hoop.

walela49 07-25-2005 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here's an updated pic of my progress on that new set...this shows everything but the crown and one bracelet (everything here still needs edge beading and construction). Pieces shown are: back barrette, necklace medallion, purse medallion, bracelet 1, back drop, hairtie medallions, arm shawl medallion, 2 side barrettes, earrings.
The purse medallion and back drop are painted, everything else is sequinned. Enjoy!

walela49 08-02-2005 10:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok, so the customer never paid for these so now they're up for sale in the trading post.

Cutbead Queen 08-03-2005 01:16 AM

Quote:

here's an updated pic of my progress on that new set...this shows everything but the crown and one bracelet (everything here still needs edge beading and construction). Pieces shown are: back barrette, necklace medallion, purse medallion, bracelet 1, back drop, hairtie medallions, arm shawl medallion, 2 side barrettes, earrings.
The purse medallion and back drop are painted, everything else is sequinned. Enjoy!

BEEEEAUTIFUL!

walela49 08-09-2005 12:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
alrighty...this set is DONE!!!!

here's the attached pic or see a larger version in my photo gallery at:
http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...00&ppuser=7787

walela49 08-17-2005 06:05 PM

Quote:

ok, so the customer never paid for these so now they're up for sale in the trading post.

the black/purple/blue diamond set is sold!