Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree2Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Crafts > General Crafts > Tutorials Sequin Work Sequin Work

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2005, 10:45 AM   #41
the legal plumes lady!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
walela49 has a reputation beyond repute
walela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 112.00
Savings: 0.00
yeah, I had to reduce the file size down alot to fit it in the attached file size limits...sorry!
walela49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-23-2005, 09:54 PM   #42
Banned

AngieBuns is a glorious beacon of light
Credits: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by walela49
Ok, I just went shopping for sequins today and here's what I found:

Walmart SuperCenter: no sequins at all
Michaels: Westrim Crafts brand in separate colors or bulk/multicolor at around .59 to 1.99 per bag
Joann's Fabric & Crafts: don't remember the brand, same selection, same price
Hobby Lobby: Crafts Etc. brand (and I think Crafts Etc has a website), lots of separate colors, 2 bags for $1, and bulk/multicolor (don't remember the price).

As for quality, they all looked pretty much the same.
What do you use to back the choker, headband etc? and how do you get your lines and design so nice and neat? Just saw the set you have in the trading post for sale, very nice!
AngieBuns is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-23-2005, 11:31 PM   #43
the legal plumes lady!

walela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieBuns
What do you use to back the choker, headband etc? and how do you get your lines and design so nice and neat? Just saw the set you have in the trading post for sale, very nice!
I back the choker and headband with the same buckskin I used for the demo piece...same methods, too (trace it, glue it, edge bead it).

As for designs and lines, I guess my secret is practice, practice, practice...and I've learned to keep my patterns on the simple side. Broad, bold patterns with thicker lines seem to work better for sequins.

Have you started your stuff yet?????
Old 04-23-2005, 11:54 PM   #44
the legal plumes lady!

here are a couple pics of a sequined headband........
Attached Thumbnails
sequinheadbandclosebacksm.jpg   sequinheadbandclosefrontsm.jpg  
Old 04-24-2005, 12:04 AM   #45
the legal plumes lady!

here are a couple pics of a choker...I forgot to mention that I actually don't edge bead the choker cuz it'll pinch your neck all to hell. I just whip stitch the edges of the choker with beading thread, but I do edge bead the choker drop....
Attached Thumbnails
sequinchokercloseback.jpg   sequinchokerclosefront.jpg  
Old 04-24-2005, 10:25 AM   #46
Banned

Quote:
I back the choker and headband with the same buckskin I used for the demo piece...same methods, too (trace it, glue it, edge bead it).

As for designs and lines, I guess my secret is practice, practice, practice...and I've learned to keep my patterns on the simple side. Broad, bold patterns with thicker lines seem to work better for sequins.

Have you started your stuff yet?????
No I haven't, but I am heading up to Walmart today to see what I can find Material wise, and then get to work, even if its only one barrette, I really want to get started. You are just brilliant with this, and dayum that cam you have has excellent resolution... just being nosy what kind is it?
Old 04-24-2005, 11:26 AM   #47
the legal plumes lady!

it's a Kodak Easy Share DX4530, 5.0 megapixel.

one expensize a$$ camera that I sure didn't buy...my parents gave it to us for Christmas cuz they wanted lots of pictures of their new granddaughter!!!!
Old 04-24-2005, 11:29 AM   #48
Banned

Quote:
it's a Kodak Easy Share DX4530, 5.0 megapixel.

one expensize a$$ camera that I sure didn't buy...my parents gave it to us for Christmas cuz they wanted lots of pictures of their new granddaughter!!!!
Very nice, I was almost drooling Wish for one, but ah well!
Old 04-26-2005, 05:26 PM   #49
the legal plumes lady!

here's another idea for sequins....

try running a line of sequins around the hem of your skirt or arm shawl. It'll shine in the light like rhinestones at a fraction of the cost!
Old 04-28-2005, 12:32 PM   #50
the legal plumes lady!

ok, here's a completed set that I sold recently (to a girl who's gonna wear it this weekend at the GON...so if you're judging, vote for HER....aaaayyyyyeeeee!).

or see the full sized image in my gallery:
http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...00&ppuser=7787
Attached Thumbnails
sequinfeathersetsm.jpg  

Last edited by walela49; 09-11-2005 at 10:36 AM..
Old 04-28-2005, 12:34 PM   #51
the legal plumes lady!

and here's a new set currently for sale in the trading post

or see the full sized image in my gallery at:
http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...00&ppuser=7787
Attached Thumbnails
sequinpatrioticsetsm.jpg  

Last edited by walela49; 09-11-2005 at 10:38 AM..
Old 04-28-2005, 09:13 PM   #52
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
I really like that star set!
Old 05-04-2005, 03:49 PM   #53
the legal plumes lady!

hey, thanks in part to this thread, I've picked up a couple of orders for sequin sets!

will post more pics soon!
Old 05-07-2005, 01:52 PM   #54
the legal plumes lady!

here's a pic of a newly completed order...

or see the full sized image in my gallery:
http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...24&ppuser=7787
Attached Thumbnails
sequinbarrettesdeusex.jpg  

Last edited by walela49; 09-11-2005 at 10:39 AM..
Old 05-13-2005, 11:24 AM   #55
wshniwuzbdn

beadmom is on a distinguished road
Credits: 233.90
Talking

After sharing this thread with my niece, she is begging for a sequined butterfly barrette to go with her fancy shawl set. Guess I'll have to head to the store as well to find sequins! I think it will less time consuming than beading a set for her. She is already growing out of the skirt of her outfit we just made for her a month ago! When she danced last weekend, there was too much knees showing. We'll add an extension on the waist to try to stretch it a little more before we have to make a whole new skirt. Thanks again for starting this thread and giving us such a great tutorial!
beadmom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2005, 02:19 PM   #56
PowWows.com Addicts

~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute
~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 697.11
Wink

where can I buy a pair of these nice barettes

Last edited by ~~Cheyenne~~; 05-13-2005 at 03:34 PM..
~~Cheyenne~~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2005, 10:52 PM   #57
the legal plumes lady!

Last edited by walela49; 03-30-2009 at 08:27 AM..
Old 05-27-2005, 09:01 AM   #58
the legal plumes lady!

here's my latest set...

see this attached pic or see a larger version in my photo gallery at:
http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...cat=500&page=1
Attached Thumbnails
sequinangiessetsm.jpg  

Last edited by walela49; 08-17-2005 at 11:17 AM..
Old 05-27-2005, 09:25 AM   #59
PowWows.com Addicts

~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute
~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~Cheyenne~~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 697.11
That set looks sooo purrrrrty!!!
~~Cheyenne~~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-27-2005, 10:04 AM   #60
Pow Wow Visitor

Dancing Crow is an unknown quantity at this point
Those sets are really nice!
Dancing Crow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook