Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Crafts > General Crafts > Tutorials Threadwork Threadwork

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #61
the legal plumes lady!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
walela49 has a reputation beyond repute
walela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 112.00
Savings: 0.00
what? from who?...maybe it was a newbie...when newbies try to give "rep" it shows up gray whether they choose positive or negative....I can't imagine anyone would neg. for that!
walela49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-10-2008, 09:50 PM   #62
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
Location: somewhere between chicago and DC, what day is it again?
Credits: 7,179.68
Savings: 1.00
dunno.they didnt sign it or nothin, not even a nasty note.

I know the voices arent real
but man, they have some great ideas
FluteMaker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2008, 11:06 AM   #63
Kenora Gal

fly with me is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Help

How do you keep your tread from staying together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by walela49 View Post
sure, it works great...the little bottles are darn convenient too! just remember, that if you want it to last forever, nail polish will eventually start turning yellow

thanks Flute Maker...come knockin' anytime! ;)
Old 05-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #64
Kenora Gal

Tips of Wraping

I use white felt to wrap my dowel,cuz it's cheaper than bucksin and it works very well. If your wanting to save a little money.

Quote:
Prepping surfaces to wrap:

bare quills: normally very slick...you might need to scratch the surface with very fine grit sandpaper...or coat with a thin layer of glue (let dry)...I usually overwrap real quills with thin buckskin first.

wooden dowel rods/bamboo skewers...don't really need prep work

if you have other things you want to wrap..post em here and I will give you hints if I have any!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 10:08 PM   #65
Kenora Gal

Quote:
paul hooked me up and fixed the attached file memory glitch...so here's that closeup:

I was wondering where you get your florence/ white fluffs plumes?

Last edited by fly with me; 05-19-2008 at 08:06 PM..
fly with me is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2008, 03:45 PM   #66
Osage_jingle

Osage_jingle is a splendid one to beholdOsage_jingle is a splendid one to beholdOsage_jingle is a splendid one to behold
now before you were sayin something about 2 different types of threadwork stacked and non stacked. whats the differenc ebetween th them two? and can you give a quick tutorial of what stacked is? waht im look to do is thread work designs on the base of the quill but how do you do it? umm ill find a photo of an example jsut in case im not asking this right.
Osage_jingle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2008, 06:53 PM   #67
Osage_jingle

Osage_jingle is a splendid one to beholdOsage_jingle is a splendid one to beholdOsage_jingle is a splendid one to behold
okay here is the picture i saw on the yahhooo group page but thats something i want to do. question is how do you do it?

if the owner of this fan sees this sorry i just wanted to use your pic as a illustration on how to do this. if that's okay.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:58 PM   #68
Osage_jingle

umm dunno how to add picture inside text box i guess but click on link it will take you to the photo. but see how the designs are not only at the end of the quill but also the midsection is thats wha ti want to do..
Attached Thumbnails
21c6.jpg  
Old 08-23-2010, 08:52 AM   #69
the legal plumes lady!

walela49 has a reputation beyond repute
walela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 112.00
I seem to be referring lots of people to this thread lately so I'm bumping it to the top! ;)
walela49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-30-2012, 02:00 AM   #70
Mama Aandeg

bungi has a reputation beyond reputebungi has a reputation beyond reputebungi has a reputation beyond reputebungi has a reputation beyond reputebungi has a reputation beyond reputebungi has a reputation beyond reputebungi has a reputation beyond reputebungi has a reputation beyond reputebungi has a reputation beyond reputebungi has a reputation beyond reputebungi has a reputation beyond reputebungi has a reputation beyond reputebungi has a reputation beyond reputebungi has a reputation beyond reputebungi has a reputation beyond reputebungi has a reputation beyond reputebungi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 774.71
dowels

How do you attach the feathers to the dowels after you wrap them>? Miigwetch for the tutorial!!!
bungi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links