View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 06:10 AM   #25
DeafElderWoman
Powwow Grandmother

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post

The banishment info comes from the Facebook page of the FORT PECK JOURNAL

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...bstory_index=0

Miigwetch (Thank you) for showing me the article reported for Fort Peck.

It sounded like they were talking about the Bible related to the Sun Dance ceremonies. This is not traditional when it come with Christianity. They are praying to the Creator to help them purify themselves usually perished onto their chests where under the nipples are. And then the person were hung up toward the Sun. It was brutal but men seem to try to survive this way. The person have to blow the Eagle whistle as part of being with the Sun.

The thing that bother me is that Nathan Chasing His Horse was using his guns with his followers to keep the tribal members away from the Sun Dance ceremony. Nathan Chasing His Horse should respect the land were the Sun Ceremony was performed. The Council are doing right way on the land and the way the Sun Ceremony should be performed.

I guess when a person like Nathan Chasing His Horse are modern Native and forget about the old ways of Native tradition like the Medicine Wheel and the Sun Dance ceremony. Every tribe are different from each other but the Council had made the decisions on what should be done. The Tribal council should not be threatened by the lawyers and other people who are followers. There are some who sided with him but still he and the followers including the lawyer should respect the council, not with threat like that. The Chief and the Council have made the decision on setting the rules, even some laws in their self government.

That is my feeling knowing about council meetings between the tribal members (councilors) and the Chief (could be president, mayor or Chairman, etc.). I knew this things. Show respect to Council members.

If Nathan Chasing His Horse had been good (hopefully he does) all through 15 years of living on Fort Peck Reservation and not causing any problems or trouble to the reservation. So there is something that is not going right in their reservation. I have enough what I need to say here. Peace.

DeafElderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook