Thread: Redhorse cafe
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 01:21 PM   #47170
Broken Arrow
Signal Corps

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ches View Post
Loading 41 Remington cartridges today since it rained all day in Kentucky (also known as “the hunting ground”) got a nice load that is easy to shoot and not painful to my old joints.
Loaded some 450 .45 Colt with 15 grain Swiss No. 1 and 20 grain Common wheat grits as filler. On top a 180 grain .452 lead bullet. Should be enough for some competition.

Just for fun, made some paper cartdriges for the Colt Army cap and ball revolver in .44. Cigarette paper either COB or Gizeh ultra thin Queens size. 15 grain Swiss No 1, 15 grain Common wheat grits as filler and a .450 round ball with 147 grain.

Good enough to knock down the knock down targets and precise enough to hit where you aim up to 20m, though most of the time the targets are 5 m revolver, 8 - 15 m Rifle and 7 - 12 m shotgun. Sometimes all targets are at 5 m. LOL.

No target is to large or to close to miss it. If you want be the fastest shooter with ten ten four.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook