View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 03:57 PM   #20
Blackbear
Honey Connoissuer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
storm.. read this:http://maverick.tuscaroras.com/neighbors/part2.html

Quote:
Also, when hearing the testimony last week I began to wonder: How did the Lumbees escape removal when every other eastern Tribe was removed?--singerdad
Because they already resembled white culture when they were discovered is what I had heard and read. The way of life was alot like the settlers with the housing and clothing and farming and that they spoke english. Why remove what you can tolerate?

Quote:
If the Lumbee gets recognized through special legislation, then who's next? Some bunch of clowns in dyed black hair with those smart azz "Indian" names?--Badmutha
I wonder how many said this about the pequot who went through recognition the same way the Lumbee are petitioning. I guess their answer would be the Lumbee....

Quote:
So how are they going to set up their Hospitals, schools systems without a landbase? Which their lawyer Locklear said they(Lumbee tribe) do not want?
--CYSA
The Cayugas of NY have no land base.... no reservation. It can be done, but just taking a guess here, since they have already started their own banks, schools and such.. it would probably just be taken over by a fed and funded federally instead, taking it out of their hands and put under government thumb where the money funded by the government will be scrutinized to be made sure that it is used properly and for the reason it is provided. See guys.. when you get federal money, then the feds can make sure their nose is in your business. That's why the Tuscarora (NY) don't take federal money.