Thread: Kinder winners?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2004, 10:03 AM   #23
sltate
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
sltate has a reputation beyond repute
sltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I like Tonkei for Southern MC, he is pretty crazy and easy going. I like Dale for Northern because he knows how to talk to the crowd and knows alot about the northern categories(where the dances originated from, what songs represent what,etc.etc) and he does a good job of conveying that info to the crowd. I like the way he gets into the grand entry, dancing and hollering and talking in Crow..that just makes you feel like dancing and gets you into the spirit of dancing.
As for this years Kinder, it is always a good pow wow, but it was really really small. Only 3 jingle dancers, 5 fancy shawl, 5 southern buckskin.....now women's cloth and traditional was a good contest.
There were not enough drums in the southern to fill the contest, just two...so it was not a good turnout. I have seen that pow wow with several drums, two groups per category, and some awesome singing. My aunt went to Iwasil and she said it was good pow wow, but not that many dancers, especially southern....so where were they?
I heard Livingston is having a big pow wow in February and their head staff is Vince Beyl(spelling) for MC, High Noon and Northern Wind for northern hosts, Michael Roberts and Daniel Tramper for ADs, Spike Draper and Bonnie Tomahsah for HDs and still more staff being chosen. This will be awesome. The weekend after Hollywood.....Dance money 1000-800-500-300 Singing contest 2500-2000-1500-1000....who's coming? With that awesome head staff and drums, and that kind of money.....it should be good. That is a good time of year too because not too much going on elsewhere.
sltate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook