View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 10:47 PM   #7
TKMJ Productions
Powwow Sound 4 U

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Wow Red! How thoughtful of you to make me start thinking. You know my brain has more rust then my car. I can't remember the first drum I ever sat at but I can tell you about the day I got my butt kicked so to speak.

I was at a powwow where Bird Chopper was the host drum. The next think I knew Logan ( we all know Logan and his pranks) took me under the drum arbor and planted me at the drum. Rick Bird then took a stick out of his bag and handed it to me. I knew enough to just use the rim to work out the patterns and honor beats. After that song Rick Bird yelled at me telling me if I was going to sit at his family drum then I better hit the drum and not the rim. He told me that this was powwow and not practice. The next song I sung my heart out and hit every (well almost every, well half maybe) beat. By the time the drum was finished with me, I was frozen in my seat with no voice left. These guys kicked my butt at the drum and never touched me. LOL I was then told to learn at least one Bird Chopper song before I was allowed to sit at the drum again. The next powwow Rick and I crossed paths at, I was pulled to the drum and had to sing the entire song I learned before they would allow me to sit down. Talk about putting someone on the spot. I did the song with some mistakes. The next think I knew, the drum did that song and the lead was passed to me. I blew it BIGTIME!!!!!! LOL!!!

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []

Last edited by TKMJ Productions; 03-31-2007 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: spelling
TKMJ Productions is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook