View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 01:47 AM   #45
Skillet
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Skillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scale
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
That would be because the use of such terms, then crying about your OWN TREATMENT, does, in fact, make you a hypocrite.

I have no sympathy. Am I supposed to?

Because that leads directly into the sort of weak, unaccountable, "poor me", I deserve something because my great-great-grandfather (or Buddy Lamont, in this instance) got screwed TRIPE that continues to make Indians wards, second-class citizens, and social children.

In fact, I find the mention of Mr. Lamont offensive, in this instance. He didn't get shot because he was Native American, he got shot because he ran with AIM thugs. Let's not romanticize history, nor allow hypocrites -- who would invoke his name -- to rest.

I am not surprised, related to this so-called "racism," that we have not heard the rest of the story. Why not? Because, I'd bet, there is no "rest of the story." Our protagonist was served a dish of what she had been selling or, at least, supported when it didn't impact her.

The only lesson to be learned, here, is GROW UP. If you defend her actions, you are part of the problem.
you really dont know when to stop do you?
name calling and personal attacks seem to be your only weapon zeke....for one who whines about personal accountability as much as you do,you need to be held accountable for your words