Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Schemitzun vs G.O.N. today?? Schemitzun vs G.O.N. today??

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2006, 01:55 AM   #1
Area Director

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Schemitzun vs G.O.N. today??

Eastcoast to Westcoast

I believe Schemitzun has given up the title to G.O.N. for this

But today is there a chose to prove your self on the powwow trail as a dancer or a Droup Droup?

Anyhow here we go;
  • Do you feel as a Dancer or Droup Group to winner of one of the 2 powwows so you will get better recognition, if so which which one?
  • Do you feel it a Eastcoast, Weastcoast Title between the two?
  • Do you feel you have to do it at both, I mean top 5 Dancer or Drum?
  • Which one would make your recognition more realistic?
  • Is there a competition between Schemitzun and G.O.N. today??
  • Which Powwow would you go to if you had a choice schemitzun or G.O.N.????

I am looking forward to your responds!!
105 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-03-2006, 01:31 PM   #2
is waiting ....

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 374.00
Savings: 1.00
ok .. been to both. probably never go back to either one .. lol .. crowds are horrible at GON and the prize payout at schemitz is like laughable now (come on, $1500 for first in adults, especially if you stick close to home around here and get $1000 - 1500 any given weekend in these parts). And besides its sooo expensive over there!!

My partner has sang with a group that has won both GON and Schemitz. Schemitz has more prestige .. i think anyways. And the prize money is way better (well when the won it they split $52000 all together that year and i dont know how much they split in GON but it well below that .. lol .. i dont know how much the first place prize is at GON actually is .. someone please enlighten me lol). and being that GON is in such a small facility - most drum groups dont even know who they are competing against until they announce the winners .. lmao. Since they split all the drum groups into different sessions and they dont know who's all there cuz they never get to see/hear eachother ...

Its all about who can afford to and get time to go to each one of these events. Its either one of the two with drum groups. And showing up at either one with your usual full crew is totally dependent on it also. As for the whole eastcoast/westcoast thing .. hope it doesnt get like the rap world .. lmao. Just jks .. but sometimes you really dont know how you rank unless you compete against the big dogs from both coasts. Schemitz in its hay-day was your only chance to really find out .. everyone was there. Now not so much .. at first it was 50 + drums from all over the continent ... now its down to like 10, invitation only and *gasps* no drum contest. And it seems like most drum groups see GON as "do we really want to go all the way down there for a minimal drum payout?" - its all about the rep for that one.
chazziff is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links