Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk UNruly Latenight Powwowers UNruly Latenight Powwowers

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2004, 05:06 PM   #1
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,589.70
Savings: 0.00
UNruly Latenight Powwowers

If you have attended powwows for more than a few years, you have experienced this . . .

the next house, hotel room or camp - keeps you up all night with an "all night party." Throughout the night there is loud Music, Laughing, Yelling, Moving Around and sometimes even an occassional fight. Because of these late night activities, YOU end up exhausted at the powwow the next day.

What do/did you do:

1. Say/Do nothing and remain miserable?

2. Complain to Security/Police, the front desk and/or the powwow committee?

3. Go to the party and complain?

4. Say, "What the heck. . . if you can't beat um' might as well join them!"

Last edited by WhoMe; 10-19-2004 at 05:21 PM..
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2004, 05:54 PM   #2
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 396.55
Savings: 1.00
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe
If you have attended powwows for more than a few years, you have experienced this . . .

the next house, hotel room or camp - keeps you up all night with an "all night party." Throughout the night there is loud Music, Laughing, Yelling, Moving Around and sometimes even an occassional fight. Because of these late night activities, YOU end up exhausted at the powwow the next day.

What do/did you do:

1. Say/Do nothing and remain miserable?

2. Complain to Security/Police, the front desk and/or the powwow committee?

3. Go to the party and complain?

4. Say, "What the heck. . . if you can't beat um' might as well join them!"
1. I find that a few rounds fired over the heads of the crowd tends to break things up quite well....

2. If Security was real in the 1st place there would be no Unruly party...The same goes for the Police, however some communities do vary? Front desk.....I can tell you stories were the employees were dead smack in the middle of the doings....Same certainly holds true for the Powwow Committee.....

3. I find it better to go to the party and smack the living ba jesus out of the ring leader, although if the fired rounds didn't "motivate" folks well you might have an intersesting situation....

4. Some advice here...Never "join em" cause that indicates the "Loaf About The Fort" mentality.....Walk right againest the grain and throw the proverbial Monkey wrench in their engine......

Now this only applies to a absolutely ridiculous situation that has just gotten out of hand and may impeade my top Powwow potential. Although usually i'm in Powwow mode and sleep is not as necessary.....Let's also keep in mind one person's idea of a "Party" sure does differ from another person's idea....

Hope you find this info useful, but you can't hold me responsible for any injuries that may occur....
"She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."
Coyot_In_The_House is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2004, 06:11 PM   #3
We'll See....

kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Usually we don't stay at the "party" hotel or don't camp.....

But if it did happen, I know we would both be awake and listening and peeking out the window to hear & see what's going on, so we can laugh about the drunks the next day. And yup, we would be dog tired....
kiyaanii mom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2004, 07:48 PM   #4
Junior Dancer

mountaindew will become famous soon enough
Credits: 1,241.76
We also don't usually stay at the host hotel because we know that if we did, we wouldn't be getting any much needed rest. And if a party happened to break out next door, with all the loud singing, talking, fighting, etc, we usually call the front desk to complain. Of course, the party quietens down for a few minutes and then goes back to the loud mode. I usually carry a pair of those ear plugs to use as a last resort. Works fine for me.
mountaindew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2004, 08:00 PM   #5
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyot_In_The_House
1. I find that a few rounds fired over the heads of the crowd tends to break things up quite well....

2. If Security was real in the 1st place there would be no Unruly party...The same goes for the Police, however some communities do vary? Front desk.....I can tell you stories were the employees were dead smack in the middle of the doings....Same certainly holds true for the Powwow Committee.....

3. I find it better to go to the party and smack the living ba jesus out of the ring leader, although if the fired rounds didn't "motivate" folks well you might have an intersesting situation....

4. Some advice here...Never "join em" cause that indicates the "Loaf About The Fort" mentality.....Walk right againest the grain and throw the proverbial Monkey wrench in their engine......

Now this only applies to a absolutely ridiculous situation that has just gotten out of hand and may impeade my top Powwow potential. Although usually i'm in Powwow mode and sleep is not as necessary.....Let's also keep in mind one person's idea of a "Party" sure does differ from another person's idea....

Hope you find this info useful, but you can't hold me responsible for any injuries that may occur....

too funny... whome, you shoulda made this a poll i try to carry sleeping pills...jk. yeah and those young folk walking around giggling and stuff.
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2004, 09:27 PM   #6
JIMMY HENDRIX ROYALTY

NDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond repute
NDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond repute
welcome backkkkk WhoMe glad to see some postin from ya again..lol ok well from one long time powwower to another, ask my hubby i dieeeeeeee when i go to sleep no matter where i be..lol soooo partyyyyyyyyy on it wont bother meeeeee.. hubby on the other handdddddd.. lol he might have to start some trouble of his own, he is a sneaky one. :D
Old 10-20-2004, 02:09 PM   #7
Junior Dancer

ndn_lady has much to be proud ofndn_lady has much to be proud ofndn_lady has much to be proud ofndn_lady has much to be proud ofndn_lady has much to be proud ofndn_lady has much to be proud ofndn_lady has much to be proud of
Usually do nothin, because by the time I would hear anything- the white ppl stayin in the hotel/area would have already called the 'proper authorities' anywayz, ya know. LOL
Other than that, you shoulda already knew that the -post powwow partiers- would be actin up.

LOL..@.."fire a round over their heads" funny, haha. -- Thats not street legal tho!!
ndn_lady is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-20-2004, 05:49 PM   #8
conquistaDORA!

buckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 440.00
count me in as one of the loud ones....aye!
Old 10-21-2004, 11:44 AM   #9
49in_ndn

I usually do nothing... I am a deep sleeper so once I am out that's it... LOL but I have another question... have you heard of host drums or head staff not allowed back at certain powwows cause they tore up hotel rooms partyin?? I have heard that about some groups and even heard one was banned from coming on to a certain rez... I was wondering if it was another urban legend or fact....
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-21-2004, 01:09 PM   #10
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,589.70
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49in_ndn
I usually do nothing... I am a deep sleeper so once I am out that's it... LOL but I have another question... have you heard of host drums or head staff not allowed back at certain powwows cause they tore up hotel rooms partyin?? I have heard that about some groups and even heard one was banned from coming on to a certain rez... I was wondering if it was another urban legend or fact....
__

49in:

No I hadn't heard that one.

But did you hear about the drum groups in a certain powwow in Idaho, and got every Indian, regardless if they were involved or not, kicked out of their hotel?

BuckskinPHose,

You don't seem like the rowdy type. Am I wrong?
Old 10-21-2004, 02:00 PM   #11
NDNBUNZ

Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe

BuckskinPHose,

You don't seem like the rowdy type. Am I wrong?
Buckskin? Rowdy? Not in a million years ;)
Old 10-21-2004, 02:50 PM   #12
PowWows.com Addicts

Roobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Roobz; 08-28-2007 at 03:15 AM..
Roobz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-21-2004, 06:18 PM   #13
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby 2sday
LOL reminds me of one time we camped out at a powwow!

These dancers were drinking and being loud at the camp next to us and I didn't say nothing though but it was getting to me and I felt myself about to explode and then I hear the security guy go over there and I'm thinking "Thank you!"

Then the stupid guy first tells them to dump their beer out then says "No wait, just drink it up!" So finally they shut up and afterwards I was wishing I would've gotten up and kicked this one hoez a** that was over there but I wasn't p.o'd enough if security guy wouldn't have came no doubt I would have.

The next night we slept in the car! We usually rent rooms but when we camp I knock myself out with Nyquil or Tylenol PM.

:Chatter.. lol...hey rubys...did they steal your nyquil??? LOL jk
BurBz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-21-2004, 06:53 PM   #14
whip cream is better

kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80.00
So what do you say to the couple in the next room\tent over who moan and scream too loud?
Old 10-21-2004, 11:11 PM   #15
Junior Dancer

SeaHawk is just really nice
Cool

Hey,
We went to a powwow in Cow Town, NJ a long time ago. The guy next to us had some non indian girls in his tent and he was trying to 49 all night long. I mean he was trying hard. Anyway, we just covered our ears when we were not laughing. Finally, everything got quiet. We do not know if he gave up or passed out.
Old 10-23-2004, 01:20 PM   #16
PowWows.com Addicts

Roobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Roobz; 08-28-2007 at 03:14 AM..
Roobz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links