Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Jingle Dancing New Dancer introducing her self with questions! New Dancer introducing her self with questions!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #61
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
n8tivelove has much to be proud ofn8tivelove has much to be proud ofn8tivelove has much to be proud ofn8tivelove has much to be proud ofn8tivelove has much to be proud ofn8tivelove has much to be proud ofn8tivelove has much to be proud of
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsArapahoSparkz View Post
^^^^^ Wow, how nice!! I am encouraged and pleased by how this thread has evolved with the exception here & there... haha ya alwayz gotta have someone sayin how THEY would do it or plain braggin on themselves or it wouldn't be todays ndnz, now would it?? I think itz most tradish to truly help out (pm her & offer specific suggestions, maybe) or just give best wishes if you can't be of any assistance!!! Offering to help her w/ her giveaway iz very cool...pm me cherokeemom if u think I can help you out somehow w/ her giveaway..i don't have much $$$ right now buh maybe we can brainstorm something I could do to make that easier for you
First off, for someone not being on here too much because of too many fake wannabes on here you sure have a lot to say on this here thread! If you can't help and are constantly writing NEGATIVE comments then, please refrain from doggin those that are trying to help!! WE real lakota's don't call it BRAGGIN as you would say, we call it CONFIDENCE and PRIDE! Pride in our blood lines, our family, and our values.I've read every reply on this thread and yet you seem to be a person who sticks her foot in her mouth more than once!! Obviously you aren't helping out too much instead your finding negativity in everyone leaving replies for Amy! Way to represent your tribe girl!! NO RESPECT!! Jealousy is a disease! Get well soon!!

~N8tivelove~
n8tivelove is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-06-2008, 06:08 PM   #62
PowWows.com Addicts

ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by they_drag_him View Post
Shoot! If I had no family, I'd be in shock and depression 24 hrs a day. Amy will need a lot of help.
Ennit!

Here in Canada we have what we call Membership Clerks, these are our own people hired in our rez offices to do history work on those people that are lost and have questions about their families, and if they are eligible to have membership with our rezzes.

ojibwaysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #63
Banned

they_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8tivelove View Post
First off, for someone not being on here too much because of too many fake wannabes on here you sure have a lot to say on this here thread! If you can't help and are constantly writing NEGATIVE comments then, please refrain from doggin those that are trying to help!! WE real lakota's don't call it BRAGGIN as you would say, we call it CONFIDENCE and PRIDE! Pride in our blood lines, our family, and our values.I've read every reply on this thread and yet you seem to be a person who sticks her foot in her mouth more than once!! Obviously you aren't helping out too much instead your finding negativity in everyone leaving replies for Amy! Way to represent your tribe girl!! NO RESPECT!! Jealousy is a disease! Get well soon!!
hey, that's my friend you're talking about and our ally, your ally. you obviously don't know what you're talking about and you don't know what we're talking about. you need to calm down and get jiggy with it, you know what i mean?
they_drag_him is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-06-2008, 06:58 PM   #64
Lila Ma was'te na lila co

ballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond repute
ballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond reputeballin_n_shawlin has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 162.60
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojibwaysweetie View Post
Ennit!

Here in Canada we have what we call Membership Clerks, these are our own people hired in our rez offices to do history work on those people that are lost and have questions about their families, and if they are eligible to have membership with our rezzes.

yeppers! thats our enrollment office.. they just require a few things.. n i mssg what info i had n could give to amy n let my auntie know 2 keep an eye/ear out n help out.. she said she would

You can't double team a Triple Threat

The Black Hills are NOT for sale

ps. i'm still the greatest~n i'm prettylol
ballin_n_shawlin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #65
PowWows.com Addicts

ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin_n_shawlin View Post
yeppers! thats our enrollment office.. they just require a few things.. n i mssg what info i had n could give to amy n let my auntie know 2 keep an eye/ear out n help out.. she said she would
Great! It's awesome that we have those enrollment people in place to help out. It's not an easy job, but very interesting with all the historical names from generations ago.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:27 AM   #66
Teen Dancer

Kaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant future
Credits: 4,123.81
Thumbs up

Deleted

Last edited by Kaina1128; 11-14-2018 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: Deleted
Kaina1128 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-10-2008, 12:27 AM   #67
Pow Wow Visitor

MrsArapahoSparkz has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by they_drag_him View Post
hey, that's my friend you're talking about and our ally, your ally. you obviously don't know what you're talking about and you don't know what we're talking about. you need to calm down and get jiggy with it, you know what i mean?
THANKZ, MAYNE ^^^ I WAS LIKE, WOAH DID THIS CHICK DRINK TOO MUCH COFFEE & FREAK OUT ON ME , ER WHA?? HAHA THNK FOR THA BACKUP; I KNOW HOW I REPRESENT TO THA FULLEST LIKE US ARAPAHO'S DO & GO ON HATIN IF U PLEASE, CHICKY YOU WON'T BE THE FIRST OR THA LAST LOL...ON A BETTER NOTE, I HOPE EVERYTHING'S GOIN WELL FOR AMY'S GIVEAWAY AN DANCIN, MOSTLY EVERYBODY HAS BEEN HELPFUL TO HER IN THE END & THATS DOPE I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ALL ABOUT IT, HOW BOUT U?? :)

Last edited by MrsArapahoSparkz; 08-10-2008 at 12:37 AM..
MrsArapahoSparkz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2008, 10:16 PM   #68
PowWows.com Addicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaina1128 View Post
this thread is awesome. it's nice to see that we're helping each other out with pws.com as a resource. thats what it was made for. a place to talk and network...cool beans
I agree!

Old 08-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #69
Jingling mommy....

cherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 451.00
Hey everyone, just wanted to say we had an awesome time this weekend. Amy, I know my crazy family might scare you a little but the scarier thing is the fact that you seemed to fit in!

Jen, I got some awesome pics of you shawlin out there both days. I'll get some posted in the gallery sometime!
cherokeemom06 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-03-2008, 10:29 PM   #70
Beadboy

_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,860.56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojibwaysweetie View Post
Exactly.

I've seen people come on here and ask questions, and then leaving here thinking they know it all because they've received some advice or a baby toenail amount of knowledge. lol. It' not supposed to be dat way. Speaking with your own people, taking into consideration what they say, watching other jingle dress dancers, learning the steps, the proper songs, making the dress, mocs, etc. takes lots of time and good thoughts and prayers. One step at a time.
I agree.

Being Native American isn't JUST about blood. It is a Spiritual way of life.

"Tell me and I will listen, Show me and I will understand, Take me in and I will learn." -A Lakota proverb

“We need to start standing up to people who tell us ‘no,’ that we can’t do things in the way of our culture.” -Aloysius Dreaming Bear
_wuliechsin_ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2008, 07:09 PM   #71
2012Amy

2012amy is a splendid one to behold2012amy is a splendid one to behold2012amy is a splendid one to behold2012amy is a splendid one to behold
Hi Everyone

I thought I would just take a moment to update here, and thank every one again for there support. Everything is coming together for me, but I still have more to learn. I apperciate the learning process. I'm almost finished with the construction of my dress. Looking forward to seeing it all put together. I've spent all summer observing Jingle dancers.. now its time for me to get my own special together, I feel like I need some more time though. I'm also going to South Dakota in the fall so I hope to learn more about my family while i'm there and also observe Lakota dancers. Well take care every one.. enjoy the fall weather that is fastly approaching!
2012amy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #72
PowWows.com Addicts

Right on, amy

Old 09-13-2008, 09:36 PM   #73
Jingling mommy....

cherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 451.00
Hiya sweetie! I love your dress colors. I got the swatches matched up PERFECT for your leggings and moccs. :D

Anywho, I know I need to PM you more about what happened at my special but I just haven't had a chance. I hope you get your computer fixed soon. I hate hearing from you just once every week or so! LOL

You still thinking maybe Midway or Gallipolis for your special?
cherokeemom06 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links