Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Fancy Shawl Dancing Omak Stampede Powwow results - FANCY SHAWL Omak Stampede Powwow results - FANCY SHAWL

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-13-2002, 12:40 AM   #1
www.wakalapi.com

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Wakalapi has a reputation beyond repute
Wakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 349.00
Savings: 0.00
Post Omak Stampede Powwow results - FANCY SHAWL

7-12 GIRLS (Fancy & Jingle combined in this age bracket)
1st - Tia Spearchief
2nd - Akyra Corral (sp?)
3rd - Monica John

TEEN
1st - Chrystalila Pacheko (sp?)
2nd - Desba White
3rd - Nita Lee Henry

WOMEN
1st - Irene Paskemin
2nd - Mildred One Penny Jones
3rd - Amanda Louie
Old 08-13-2002, 12:34 PM   #2
Junior Dancer

red_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 102.00
hey.. which dancer is Amanda Louie? Like which outfit? Do you know?
red_summit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2002, 11:38 PM   #3
www.wakalapi.com

Wakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond repute
I apologize, but I was actually helping a friend run his "FBI Fry Bread Inspector/FBI Flat Broke Indian" T-shirts and art vendor stand during some of the dancing and when the awards were given, all of the dancers were back in street clothes. :(
Old 08-14-2002, 04:20 PM   #4
Junior Dancer

red_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond reputered_summit has a reputation beyond repute
Dang.. Oh well.. :)

:Angel2
Old 08-17-2002, 02:10 AM   #5
V-Style Jingler

Sweet Syilx is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
How was the turnout to the Stampede? I have not been there in a couple of years. How was the competition? I haven't returned because it is so dern hot, but it's in my tradish territory, so I really should go check it out again:)
Sweet Syilx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2002, 12:35 PM   #6
Junior Dancer

It was alright.. The pow wow committee did things a lot different this year.. Grand Entry didn't start until 3 pm.. I heard it was because last year it was too hot to start at 1. But personally I think it was hotter at 3. The porta potties.. were um... to put it lightly.. Gross!! :Mad

I don't know I think it was kinda weird.. but damn.. it sure was good watching the Mens Traditional ;)

Old 08-21-2002, 12:38 AM   #7
Pow Wow Visitor

Dee Ann is an unknown quantity at this point
Red Summit, why are you asking about Amanda Louie? She wore different colored outfits everyday.
Dee Ann is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2002, 12:23 PM   #8
Junior Dancer

Because I wanted to ask her something. Just to see if we're related. My mother's maiden name is Louie, so just to check things out. I think I'd be shocked cuz no one else in my family dances. :)

Old 08-21-2002, 06:22 PM   #9
Pow Wow Visitor

Nice Indian is an unknown quantity at this point
Just a little help on the spelling on some of the names:

junior girls fancy 2nd place was Empero Corral

teen girls fancy 1st place was Crystalina Pacheco and 3rd place was Wetalu Henry

Just helping out.
Nice Indian is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2002, 02:56 AM   #10
Pow Wow Visitor

Red Summit, Amanda is my niece and I don't think she would appreciate it if I gave any info about her without her permission.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:15 PM   #11
Junior Dancer

Yeah I understand. I wasn't asking to give out info.. especially over the net. But maybe next time, if I hear of her, maybe I'll be able to talk to her.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:01 AM   #12
Pow Wow Visitor

I'm not being rude or anything of that sort. But maybe she will be at the Riverfront Pow Wow in Spokane this week end..August 23, 24 and 25th. I don't know if they plan on going to Wellpinit or not on Labor Day weekend. I'll ask her, they may go over to the coast for a Pow Wow over there somewhere.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:52 AM   #13
www.wakalapi.com

I haven't gone to the Stampede all that many times. I was talking to a couple people there who remember when it was boycotted (1999?) because (they said) Stampede committee wanted to put severe restrictions on the Encampment and Powwow. So I guess the Suicide Race, which happens on Tribal property, was not done that year, either! It was apparently moved to an "alternate" hill up the river, somewhere on the Colville rez.

Yes, the portapotties were very gross from not being serviced the whole time. :Yell :Yell :Mad
Old 08-23-2002, 03:05 AM   #14
Pow Wow Visitor

Wakalapi, were you the one that was handing out the papers with all the pow wow dates on them at the Stampede this Year? If that was you, my sister and I thought we seen you and another guy cleaning up the grounds a little. Nice job.
Old 08-23-2002, 04:05 AM   #15
www.wakalapi.com

Yeah I was helping a a friend from Spokane clean up the arena a little Sunday morning. Honestly, I spent most of my time down swimming in the river otherwise, or out at JR's Crafts booth (home of the "Fry Bread Inspector" and "Flat Broke Indian" shirts). The schedules I was handing out were printouts from www.nwpowwow.com.
Sponsored Links