Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Barack Obama to help Native Americans Barack Obama to help Native Americans

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 10:13 AM   #161
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Skillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scale
Credits: 100.00
Savings: 53.62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakopataki View Post
Skillet that wasn't for you it was for Nishnawbe10 and by the way I am not here, representing any party, but I will state facts and point out the lies of the Democrats. They are not above being busted when they lie, and for the life of me why are they soooooo holy that it's a sin to call them on their mess? The Clintons record and Obama's, Please! Do I think Bush floats above the ground, NO! But what he has done right, he should get props for. When either party does good things, then they should be recognized as such!
You all, can't have it both ways, when the truth is presented it's the truth and they can't hide from what they have done and said, and that applies to both parties!
Your an NDN, well so am I!
No, I don't want more of the same, or more of the same from the prior administration either! Finally someone else is saying that it's important to make an informed decision when voting!
So why be so afraid to hear the truth or facts that you may not know about because it's outside the Democrat spin? I would love to point out the truth about Clinton's record and will continue to talk about his ridicules wife, him and Obama. No problem! Where Bush has been a disappointment, I will can talk about that too! That is what makes us different. I can give credit where credit is due! So we'll see where the truth takes us.
Oh, and skillet I have asked questions ALL ALONG and NOTHING! I have read your rhetoric and could probably write it for you. I don't write your favorite way or think just like you, but then again, I'm not suppose to. It would be nice to actually talk about the issues as I have been trying to. I would like to actually talk about how the videos above aren't rhetoric but actual words being spoken, proving a point that it didn't originate with Bush, it originated with the Democrats. What about that?
I used my own words as you wanted and asked anyone to explain to me how higher taxes are good for us, how bigger government is good for us, how more governmental control has ever been good for us, how Obama wants to send more money out of the country, how at least 3 of his programs call for countless tax increases, How more that ten million families will have to pay up to 5,000 more a year on taxes, for just one program, much less the foreign aide, the Universal Health care, etc.
When the Democrats roll back the tax cuts under this administration, that will be yet another tax increase! Because we will all be paying those taxes AGAIN! Anyone getting the picture yet? They want to take your money, to give it to support someone else, or do you think that you could spend YOUR MONEY BETTER THAN THE GOVERNMENT? I think I am a much better steward with MY MONEY, than the government is! I don't want them having more of it, why do you? JFK a democratic president did what Bush did to grow the economy and it worked both times, BY CUTTING OUR TAXES, yet the Dems. want to repeal the tax cuts, taking more, out of our pay checks and, your all fine with that!
So you mention how high rent is, food is, clothes, cost of living etc. yet you will vote for or at least support people that promise to take more of your money! Yeah, that make great sense! WHEN SOMEONE SAYS THEY WANT MORE OF MY MONEY, PLEASE! Oh, and by the way when Clinton left office we were in an economic downturn! Bush inherited that down turn and also in a short 8 months into his presidency he had 911 to deal with, and the twin towers were chosen to DISRUPT THE ECONOMY AND IT DID, IN A BIG WAY! The towers were key financial institutions, and our airline industry was in deep trouble as Americans were scared to fly! That is why there have been continual terrorist threats against Wall Street and why NYC remains such a target! The list is a long tedious list, of what this administration faced, that Clinton's didn't! I plan on voting for the candidate who best qualified, but I WILL NEVER VOTE OUT OF TRADITION, BECAUSE I OWE A PARTY MY VOTE! THE CANDIDATE HAS TO EARN IT, AND THAT IS FREEDOM!
why not post the lies of the republicans too?...and thats total BS that clinton is the cause of our economic downturn...when bush came into office he inherited the largest surplus in US history...where is it NOW? and isnt it funny how we werent attacked until bush came into office? Ben Ladin has stated very clearly that the reason the US was attacked was because of the actions of daddy bush in the first gulf war and the stationing of US troops in saudi arabia....and please lets not forget who in fact put ben ladin into power in the first place...it was the raygun/ daddybush admin!!!!!!
you post about taxes being raised...bought gas lately? or milk? where was the tax breaks for the average american that bush promised endlessly? no one i know saw one and we're all poor people...it was the CORPORATIONS who got the breaks not the american people....why was the funding for senior citizens housing assistence cut again last year by 52% but corporate farms got another huge tax break?
what i post is not the same copy and paste political sound byte rhetoric thats being posted here...they are simple truths and facts....yes we are all aware of the evils of terrorism and the muslim threat...we've heard the bush admin try to beat it into the ground endlessly...in his own words:
"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."— George W.Bush May 24, 2005
Old 11-26-2007, 04:43 PM   #162
OgamaWab

OgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant future
Credits: 390.00
Savings: 362.25
Obama

Why I Support Barack

Nila Northsun Shanley
As a native American woman living on the Fallon Paiute Shoshone reservation, I know tribal people have a long history of distrust when it comes to the U.S. governments, it’s agencies, and it’s representatives. But there is something different about Obama. I feel such a positive energy in his articulate, respectful advocacy of multicultural issues, that in turn, has re-energized my hope that Obama will honor treaty obligations to America’s First People. His recognition of tribal sovereignty and self-determination will help our people to chart the best possible course for our future. As an advocate for social justice, addressing health care and education, Barak Obama can make a difference for our people, for all people.

Fred Urbina
Pasqu Yaqui Tribe, Tucson, AZ
As an Arizona Native American Veteran and former police officer I am proud to support Senator Barack Obama as the next President of the United States. Senator Obama offers my heart hope! I hope for great possibilities, hope for unity, and hope for a sensible end to the Iraq war

I am inspired by his message. To me he represents a new beginning, the dawn of a political and social evolution – where equality, economic security, justice, optimism, and American pride are no longer delusions and soundbites, but tangible realities for all people. Senator Obama exudes strength without fear, trust without suspicion, ideas without limitations, and optimism without the specter of darkness.

Senator Obama's willingness to support, listen, and confer with tribal leaders on issues involving First Americans is refreshing and a surprising change from the status quo. Obama offers and speaks of common sense solutions to crime prevention and reversing the trend of high minority incarceration rates by identifying and attacking the source issues. Implementation of his policies would have a direct impact on Native American populations on and off reservations.

...and so I wait and I anticipate, and I enthusiastically join the loyal ranks of Senator Obama’s supporters! I pray for his spirit and his heart as he journeys forth. America has patiently waited nearly 40 years for this kind of leadership!

As Robert F. Kennedy once said, "…What we need in the United States is not division; What we need in the United States is not hatred; What we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness, but is love and wisdom and compassion toward one another, and a feeling of justice towards those who still suffer within our country."

Gabriel Moses
Nez Perce
I support Barack Obama because he is the candidate that understands that great power demands responsibility and accountability. Barack personifies the qualities that make America the Greatest Country on Earth: Hope, Intelligence, Responsibility and Ethics.

Barack Obama has demonstrated that he will work to improve all of America and not just those social, political, or business elite that use buy influence to shift America's landscape to their personal benefit. I am supporting Barack Obama because I believe that he understands that this elitist shift is detrimental to America because it creates an America of haves, and have nots. This creates an America that does not guarantee the free pursuit of life, liberty and happiness, based on the content of character or of hard work, but of access to privilege and representation based on money for power. This climate needs to change if we are going to become the America the world remembers, respects, and needs.

I urge you to support Barack Obama as well.

Lucas Mills
Law Student
America is a chorus of many different voices. For America to be its best, its leadership must commit not only to the opinions that already enjoy representation but also to the active search for other views. Throughout his life and career, Senator Obama has shown a deep value for often overlooked voices and has displayed a strong commitment to bring them to the fore. His demonstrated skill in forging understanding from different perspectives yields a greater overall value to each of the many parts that compose this nation. In Senator Obama, I see a more representative picture of the American ideal.

Beverly Russell
San Carlos Apache Tribal member
Donald Lott Jr
Assiniboine Tribal member of Fort Belknap, Montana
We have devoted our careers to preserving, and strengthening the voice of American Indians and Alaska Natives in this country. As young American Indian leaders it is our responsibility to support candidates that will recognize and embrace the political status of Indian Tribes. We believe that Senator Obama’s experience as a community organizer, coupled with his message of Change will benefit America’s first citizens. It is also our belief that Senator Obama’s conviction and respect for government accountability will reaffirm the United State’s commitment to Indian Tribes.

Furthermore, Senator Obama’s message has inspired us to begin a grass roots effort to educate our tribal community about the importance of civic engagement. In the spirit of unity, community and opportunity, we support Senator Barack Obama.

BarackObama.com | Why I Support Barack
OgamaWab10 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-26-2007, 04:52 PM   #163
OgamaWab

OgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant future
neenaawabomon

Bush Administration Documents on Secrecy Policy

here is the link Bush Administration Documents on Secrecy Policy
Old 11-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #164
OgamaWab

as for

as for Hilliary Clinton being on the same page with Obama on views and issues, NO.
Hilliary Clinton is a double talker and has changes her view on numerous times, she could never talk straight to the American people. She is out for big corporate gain, so was Bush. That the truth.

We need to get big corporations out of the White house and let the real American voice be heard and that is what Barack Obama represents. Our politicians are being bought, as we can see ever day. Maybe or that our vote would not matter, as big corporations run this country.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:32 PM   #165
OgamaWab

well

Wakopataki you call me a a Obama-bot is wrong, my name is Joseph Sutherland and I am not a a Obama Bot. I am a Native American, I true to my values and culture, i want the best for native American people in this great Turtle Island. As a young man i listen always to my elders and name calling is not one of them. That is wrong. And for people in power and want to fight this holy war, let them fight. As it will go no where and only bring pain to the people of this world. I am not here to hide on the INTERNET, nor do i. War is not an answer to solving problems, we had a chance to sit and talk, did they no.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:02 PM   #166
OgamaWab

as

as for the people in power that want to use nukes to sloves problems, is big no no, why use such a weapon to fight. Our planet ( mother earth) today should not be nuke, as she suffer enough.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:18 AM   #167
Junior Dancer

Wakopataki is just really nice
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Skillet your rhetoric is straight from any left wing site. Your personal beliefs and, "Feelings" mean nothing if you can't prove them. You are just repeating the left mantra of Cindy Sheehan and moveon org and code pink, hardly fair and balanced groups, because you hate Bush. I don't care if you hate Bush, go ahead! I honestly don't believe that there is ANY PROOF YOU WOULD EVER BELIEVE so this isn't for you, but for those who are open to actual thought!
First Bush did serve in the Texas National Guard and received an honorable discharge. Again, if what he did wasn't serving his country then your also accusing countless service men and women of not really serving their country. That would include my deceased husband who put 20 yrs. in the Army and National Guard. He was a veteran of Panama, but worked in a support position during that conflict. He didn't serve? Your not up on your news cause the Dems. got busted for lying about his service!
Dan Rather got busted for lying on the news and presenting falsified evidence, manufactured by the left to discredit his service. Made a fool out of himself and got his entire career discredited for it! That is one of the reasons he is trying to sue the network claiming that he was given the misinformation to report, and that it didn't come from him!
But that's what happens when you lie, isn't it!
Bill Clinton -- Draft Dodger, Liar, Flag Burner, Traitor Bill Clintons a draft dogger! Yeah, he went to England and here is his history of being a draft dogger. Not talking points but a point by point demonstration!
First off the military is a volunteer army and no one got dragged into serving against their will. The military folk that have read your posts and the posts of others are really quite angry over what you have written because they volunteered to go and fight and don't agree with you on ANY LEVEL because they know why they are there and why we are fighting! You and others do such a disservice to the sacrifice of what they are doing over there, because you are calling them liars as well, by the simple fact that you and others don't listen to them and the real job that they are doing. THEY HATE KERRY, CLINTON, OBAMA, AND THE REST OF THE DEFEATiST LEFT! Bush still enjoys great support amongst the troops in both fronts and General Petreaus is kicking *** having made great progress, something your fav. party hates! Your fav. party wants this war to fail, they want the genocide of countless people and God help us if they get their way! You think about all those troops that lost their lives FOR NOTHING BECAUSE OF THE DEFEAT YOU WANT!! They gave their lives to LIBERATE TWO COUNTRIES, IN WHICH 50 MILLION PEOPLE HAVE BEEN LIBERATED! No, small task! Oh, and by the way we were attacked by Bin Lauden BEFORE BUSH WAS ELECTED! Sorry, your dead wrong! Read the list and weep!
Wakopataki is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-27-2007, 12:19 AM   #168
Junior Dancer

Treated as a "crime" with no foreign terrorist involvement. However, Blind Islamic Radical Sheik is convicted for conspiracy. Bin Laden named as an "un-indicted co-conspirator" in 1996. The same year he is offered to the Clinton Administration by the Sudan and refused saying they don't have enough evidence to convict him. Bill Clinton never visits site.
1993-18 Soldiers killed in Somalia and 84 wounded in attack planned by bin Laden. Clinton pulls troops out of Somalia. bin Laden claims victory and gains status with his followers as one who is able to make the "Great Satan" run. Somalia falls into a chaos that remains to this day.
1993- the FBI identified three "charities” connected to the terrorist organization Hamas. Clinton ignored pleas that he create a "President’s List” of extremist and terrorist groups. He feared the political fallout of "profiling” Islamic charities. Money continues to flow freely to terrorist organizations for the next 8 years.
1993-The Srebrenica Report (Dutch) revealed in 1993 Clinton embarked on an Iran/Contra like affair with Islamic Terror groups in Bosnia. In both Afghanistan and the Gulf, the Pentagon had incurred debts to Islamist groups and their Middle Eastern sponsors. By 1993 these groups, many supported by Iran and Saudi Arabia, were anxious to help Bosnian Muslims fighting in the former Yugoslavia and called in their debts with the Americans. Bill Clinton and the Pentagon were keen to be seen as creditworthy and repaid in the form of an Iran-Contra style operation - in flagrant violation of the UN security council arms embargo against all combatants in the former Yugoslavia. a mysterious fleet of black C-130 Hercules aircraft appeared and Mojahedin fighters were also flown in. This report has just recently been made public.
1994- Algerian terrorists attempt to hijack French Airliner to fly into the Eiffel Tower. Plane is stormed by French police.
1994-"Terror 2000" was distributed to the Defense Department, State Department, FEMA, intelligence communities and members of Congress. "Targets such as the World Trade Center not only provide the requisite casualties but because of their symbolic nature provide more bang for the buck. In order to maximize their odds for success, terrorist groups will likely consider mounting multiple, simultaneous operations with the aim of overtaxing a government's ability to respond, as well as to demonstrate their professionalism and reach." At the State Department's request, it was "scrubbed" of some details, including how to hit the Pentagon or White House by airplane using the Washington Monument as a landmark.
1995- Then-Rep. Robert Torricelli, D-N.J., made secrets public at the behest of left-wing activist Bianca Jagger, his girlfriend at the time. The secrets suggested that the CIA had on its payroll one or more unsavory characters who had been involved in murder. He compromised American intelligence-gathering abilities around the world, adding that numerous CIA sources had decided to stop giving information for fear they would be outed by a congressman. Torricelli efforts paid off with the Clinton administration, which moved to ban the use of spies or the recruitment of spies that had any involvement with criminals or terrorists. Torricelli effectively blinded the CIA.
1995-5 U. S. soldiers killed in Saudi Arabia in bombing.
1995-Oklahoma City Bombing. 168 dead. Domestic terrorists blamed. Jayna Davis, Oklahoma investigative reporter attempts to turn over evidence she has in the form of security videos and witness testimony to the FBI, but after checking with his superior, the evidence is refused. A Justice Department inspector, one of Clinton's own, admitted that the Oklahoma City bombing investigation "offered one of the worst examples of de facto evidence tampering by the FBI crime labs." Jamie Gorlick, of 9/11 commission fame is in charge of the investigation and effectively blocks the investigation into any foreign involvement.
1995-"Operation Bojinka" plot hatched by an al Qaeda cell with an eye toward blowing up 12 American airliners. Some would be booby-trapped with bombs, like Pan Am 103, others hijacked like the four U.S. jets commandeered on 9-11 and crashed into buildings.
1996-CIA and FBI warn Clinton they have uncovered plot of al Qaeda "Martyrdom Battalion" terrorists to hijack planes and use them as missiles. This apparently is never passed on to the Congress.
1996-Philippine authorities warn the FBI they have received credible information that al Qaeda is planning on hijacking planes and flying them into Federal Buildings. Again, this information apparently stops with Bill Clinton and is never passed on to the proper Congressional Intelligence Committees.
1996-The downing of TWA Flight 800. 230 dead. Mechanical Failure blamed. Hundreds of eyewitnesses ignored as they claim they saw a surface to air missile launch and destroy the plane. Bill Clinton issues Executive Order 13039 to keep all involved in recovery process silent. Pilots Union claims FAA report on mechanical failure "bogus". FBI tells witnesses what they saw was a single "fireworks" display. Read "Oklahoma City Bombing and TWA Flight 800" for more on these
1996-Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed 19 and injured 200 military personnel.
1996-Sudan offers to turn over bin Laden to US through negotiator and Clinton supporter Mr. Mansoor Ijaz. He warns them not to slight the Intelligence Officer in the Sudan by sending an aide to the Sec. of State. They ignore him and send an underling. Insulted by the slight, the Sudan refuses to speak to him. Clinton blows off offer saying they don't have enough evidence to indict bin Laden.
1996-bin Laden leaves Sudan and goes to Afghanistan as a "guest" of Mullah Omar, head of the Taliban.
1997-UNOCAL brought members of the Taliban here to the States to wine and dine them, take them to beach, show them their U.S. offices and take them to Washington to meet with the Clinton State Department. The fact they are harboring a wanted terrorist, bin Laden, is ignored.
1997- Final report of the Gore Commission on Aviation Safety comes out. The DNC received at least $498,000 from the airline industry. There was no deadline by which those requirements would have to be implemented and 2) there was no funding mechanism for ensuring that they were enacted. This insured that none of the recommendations would ever be implemented. Boston Globe, a known liberal newspaper, says Gore, “failed conspicuously to address airline safety.” That failure was traced directly to a series of campaign contributions from the airlines to the DNC.
1997- Warren Christopher resigns as Sec. of State over a conflict with Clinton over the removal of top secret defense technology from the realm of the State Department, with Congressional oversight, to the hands of Ron Brown and the Department of Commerce. He stated that that the president's actions were reckless and may jeopardized the military defense of this nation. Admonished Clinton for planning to hand over to the Communist Chinese, American missile guidance programming source codes embedded in commercial U.S. satellites. Christopher, is said to have told Clinton, the Brown deal could jeopardize "...significant military and intelligence interests..." of the United States missile guidance system. Clinton quietly put out a post dated Executive order protecting the two companies under Congressional investigation from any criminal prosecution.
1997-The Northern Alliance threatens to overrun the Taliban and is poised to remove them from power. The Clinton Administration imposes a cease fire that both sides agree to. Saudi Arabia and Pakistan use this opportunity to re-arm the Taliban army. Clinton knows this is happening, but withholds that information from the Northern Alliance and Congress. This action assures that the Taliban will solidify their power and push back the Northern Alliance.
1997-Madeleine Albright becomes Sec. Of State. She later states, after the attacks, in her defense of Bill Clinton: "This is hard to say and I haven't found a way to say it that doesn't sound crass, but it is the truth that those {attacks before Sept. 11} were happening overseas and while there were Americans who died, there were not thousands and it did not happen on U. S. soil."
1998-Bombing of the U.S. embassies in Africa, which killed 224 and injured 5,000.
1998- bin Laden issued his fatwa urging his followers to target the U. S. and all Americans.
1998- Sudan offered to extradite Sayyid Iskandar Suliman and Sayyid Nazir Abbass to the U.S. for trial. They were wanted by the US for being directly involved in the bombings of its embassy in Kenya and they had intimate knowledge of the operations of the alleged guerrilla chief Osama bin Laden. The State Department, in blocking the FBI from pursuing the lead, noted that Sudan has been listed for over a decade as a state sponsor of terrorism. Yet Sudan, the official said, had asked only for a “dialogue” with the United States toward restoring a more normal diplomatic relationship. Their offer was completely ignored and Clinton instead bombed the al-Shifa pharmaceutical factory in Khartoum.
1998- UNOCAL gave up all hope of a pipeline across Afghanistan and pulled out. Not because of Afghanistan harboring a terrorist, but from pressure from the Women's Rights groups over the Taliban's treatment of women in Afghanistan.
1998-Missile strike against bin Laden's Khost, Afghanistan training camp and a Sudanese pharmaceutical factory to take Monica off the front pages is a total failure. Clinton lobs over $70 million dollars worth of Cruise Missiles at Sudan and Afghanistan hitting nothing but tents, camels and the only pharmaceutical plant in the Sudan. Done without consulting his Joint Chiefs. He informs them of his plans one half hour prior to the attack. Their pleas for him to stop the attack due to inadequate intelligence, are ignored. They later distance themselves from the attack by admitting they were not consulted. The Military Commander in that area said it "would have been a million to one shot."
1999-Ahmed Ressam, an Algerian, is arrested trying to cross the Canadian Border with explosives.
1999-Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, (R-Cal), who has spent time in Afghanistan fighting with the Northern Alliance, received credible information as to the whereabouts of bin Laden in Afghanistan. He immediately contacted the CIA with this information. The Information was never acted on. During the Clinton Administration the Voice of America became known, within Afghanistan, as the Voice of the Taliban. “People go berserk when I say that Clinton supported the Taliban, but that is the truth.” says Rohrabacher.
1999-Gen. Pervez Musharraf overthrows Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Oct. 12 in a military coup. Clinton later claims his plans to obtain bin Laden through millions in pay-offs to the Sharif Government collapse with the coup, which is very odd story since the Sharif Government was a supporter of the Taliban and bin Laden. Indeed, even the Musharraf Government supports the Taliban until after the 9/11 attacks when it becomes healthier to deal with the Taliban than an angry and hostile American military. He sees this as a chance to rid his country of the Islamic radicals that he says are the 1% of the population holding the other 99% hostage.
1999-Clinton’s own secretary of defense, William Cohen, in a July 1999 op-ed piece in the Washington Post, predicted a terrorist attack on America’s mainland.
1999-"Project Megiddo" goes public on FBI website. It is a directive, given in 1995 to FBI from Bill Clinton to direct their investigative efforts towards only domestic terrorism such as the Christian Right and militias. In short, foreign involvement is to be ignored which now explains why no evidence of foreign terrorists involvement was accepted in the Oklahoma City Bombing and downing of TWA Flight 800.
1999-A report, titled "Sociology and Psychology of Terrorism: Who Becomes a Terrorist and Why?," cautioned that Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda network might seek revenge for the 1998 U.S. air strike on bin Laden's camps in Afghanistan. It is ignored as merely a psychological report, with no credible sources.
1999- the U.N. imposes sanctions to cut off funds for Taliban arms.
1999-the U.S. finally added bin Laden and his al Qaeda organization to its list of “foreign terrorist organizations”. Still, they did not single out Afghanistan or the Taliban nor add Afghanistan to the list of countries that harbor terrorists, despite the fact bin Laden is harbored there.
1999-Mullah Khaksar, then the Taliban regime's deputy interior minister, met with U.S. diplomats Gregory Marchese and J. Peter McIllwain in Peshawar, Pakistan, in April 1999 and told them he wanted to oust Taliban supreme leader Mullah Mohammed Omar because of his support for Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda terror network. The offer was ignored by Bill Clinton. Bill told him, through his people, that "he didn't want to get involved in internal Afghani matters".
1999 - The Transportation Security Administration altered a terrorist report to exclude any and all references to foreign terrorists. David Holmes, head of the Commerce Department zeroed in on white militia groups in a 1999 threat analysis. Commerce officials who worked on the case say Holmes' exclusion of every threat group that wasn't white was in keeping with what they say was a broader Clinton administration policy of focusing on domestic threats from white militia groups, rather than Islamic groups, in combating terrorism. "Holmes made us take out every group that wasn't white – no minority groups allowed," "He was toeing the liberal line" of the Clinton administration.
July 2000 – three months before the deadly attack on the destroyer Cole in Yemen another plausible offer to deal for bin Laden. The offer required only that Clinton make a state visit there (Yemen) to personally request bin Laden's extradition. But senior Clinton officials sabotaged the offer.
2000-Bombing of the USS Cole. 17 sailors killed, 39 injured. Millions will be spent repairing the ship. bin Laden and the al Qaeda are the foremost suspects.
2000-Clinton orders the remains of TWA Flight 800 destroyed thus ending any possible further investigation into the downing.
2000-Bill Clinton has successfully cut the military in half over his eight years in office and blinded and effectively neutered our intelligence gathering ability.
2000-The Intelligence community around the world reports an "increase in traffic", which means more than usual interaction between terror cells which usually is a precursor of an attack somewhere in the world.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:24 AM   #169
Junior Dancer

2002- Many Democrats start asking "What did the President know and when did he know it" ala Watergate, implying that GW knew the attacks were imminent and did nothing...ignoring all the attacks and warning signs that occurred under Bill Clinton.
2001-Bill Clinton leaves office. Does he brief Bush on all the foreign terror information he has? Only they know.
2001-George W. Bush has 8 months in office before bin Laden launches his next attack on the US.
2002- Many Democrats start asking "What did the President know and when did he know it" ala Watergate, implying that GW knew the attacks were imminent and did nothing...ignoring all the attacks and warning signs that occurred under Bill Clinton.
2002- Bill Clinton continues to try and re-write history. Claiming he was "obsessed" with bin Laden. His aides and those that know him, say differently.
Oh, and why your at it please google how Clinton/Gore gave Communist China nuke technology during their administration for campaign contributions and how that technology gave the Chi-Coms the ability to launch a nuclear attack against the United States and Taiwan. Hmmm. isn't it interesting that already in the Hillary Campaign that all of her questionable or illegal campaign contributions are from the Chinese? Go figure! Yeah, give the enemy the ability to kill us all!
Now let's see, I already showed you verifiable evidence that the Democrats, claimed throughout the Clinton administration that Saddam had WMD's and was developing a nuclear bomb program and that was before Bush came into office. That was the intelligence that was passed on to him and that Iraq had already had YEARS AND YEARS of talking to them, having inspectors kicked out and at least 13 UN resolutions because THE WORLD WAS CONVINCED THAT SADDAM WAS A THREAT! Also HOW MANY warnings did Bush give Saddam to comply with the resolutions to avoid war? Sorry skillet but you can't rewrite history, did you listen to the words on the videos from the donkey's mouths? They have tried to rewrite history because the real history of what they have done is so heinous!
Oil for money, did you not look up the fact that WE DON'T CONTROL THE IRAQI OIL FIELDS AND THAT THEY ARE FREE TO SELL TO WHOM THEY WANT? NOPE GUESS NOT! Did you ever consider the fact the there has been an increase on the worlds use of oil as other countries have needed more oil, thus rising the cost of oil??? Nope didn't do that either! Did it ever occur to you that after the Democrats have done their investigations on all of this finding NOTHING ILLEGAL THAT HAS BEEN DONE BY THIS ADMINISTRATION, that it's not going to work for you? The Dems. have always come up empty handed when they investigate the current administration. Ya know why Bush hasn't been impeached? It's because he HASN'T broken the law and you must admit that they are hungry to get him, but sorry, he has worked within the "Current" law! While I'm at, it Bill Clinton lied under oath and had to pay a hefty fine and lost his attorney's license as punishment for a set time. That thing of being impeached for sex wasn't the truth, it was for other reasons that were criminal! He was found guilty as charged! You don't think they haven't been trying like hell to get Bush? Sorry for you, beyond your talking points because Bush hasn't done anything to reach the point of being impeached beyond the fact the left hates him!
This get rich thang that you accuse Bush of for going to war, hmmm lets look at the Dems. who own Halliburton stocks, oil stocks, coal stocks, I will list the long list if you want! Ole Billy boy and Hillary just dumped their stocks in such things for millions so Hillary won't have to answer for those things. Google that one!
Let's see, sooo many things to mention.....
Tax breaks, hmmm...I remember getting mine and it's on the books and if your paying ANY attention to your fav. party they talk all the time about taking the tax break away!!! It can be googled too! Under this administration there has been HISTORIC numbers of minorities being able to buy their first homes, no longer having to rent! That didn't happen under Clinton, but did under Bush! Google that one. Unemployment is no different under this administration, it's been great, the economy has grown almost every quarter, the national debt has been paid back at a faster rate, even during the war than expected. All this talk about Corporations being evil is something you might want to reconsider. Corporations hire people and give them jobs, health care, retirement, they provide necessary goods that Americans buy and need. They create wealth in communities becasue the workers live and spend in those communities. When those corps. go under, entire communities go under. You'll also notice that the left uses the broad brush and just says Corporations are evil and must be done away with! What a lie and joke that is! The Dems. are allllll invested in those corps. and they know that if they go under their supporters will suffer and blame them! If you tax a corp. to the point that capitalism fails then we have socialism, and the economy doesn't grow. There goes the jobs, retirement, health care, and those entire communities.
Taxing the rich sounds appealing, but they already pay MOST ALL OF THE TAXES ALREADY! Once again, they are the job providers, etc. and if they are paying taxes to the point that they no longer can earn enough, then what is their incentive to earn? Again, the average joe gets hurt!
The taxes I am speaking of is Obama TELLING YOU AND OTHERS that HE WILL DOUBLE THE MONEY LEAVING THE COUNTRY..DOUBLE WHAT BUSH ALREADY DOES!
HIS program to save social security makes those 10 million Americans pay up to 5,000 more in taxes!
HIS plan for Universal Health care calls for a tax increase of almost ALL Americans!
WHEN HE and the Democrat party reverse the tax breaks that Bush put in place....THAT IS A TAX INCREASE!
EVERY PROGRAM AND GIVE AWAY IS HIGHER TAXES!!! YOU WILL BE PAYING MORE OUT OF YOUR PAYCHECK AND AMERICANS ARE GOING TO BE HURT BY IT AND THE ECONOMY WILL BE HIT HARD BY IT!
Old 11-27-2007, 01:06 AM   #170
Junior Dancer

India?? People from India? Funny coming from you skillet as you are pro illegal immigration and open borders! We went through that before and you think it's racist to not agree with you on that point!
I am not racist because I don't think it's good for this country, you want more for the NDN's, than how about all those billions that we are spending on non citizens of this country that are taking money that could be used to help the poor Ndn's? How many billions more will be spent by your fav. party because they want that vote for the future? They all want to give them free everything and already are. They don't even have to be good, "citizens" in this country to get the free goodies, they can be the worst criminals ever and let's not forget those terrorists that are here because people are afraid to be called racist, by people like you! I really dislike Bush's and the left's plan for the illegals and he has done an awful job protecting the borders. In the last go round with you, I posted a link that proved that illegals are devastating the border reservations and that crime is huge on the rez because of them coming here illegally! Didn't bother you one bit.
You can't complain about there not being enough money for the various Nations if your willing to get in line BEHIND, non citizens and are willing to accept the left over scraps of what will be the biggest new voting block this nation has seen in a long time! Both parties are wrong, but it you think that they are going to flood that money to those they have legal contracts with them your mistaken. This is why they need to have their feet held to the fire and not just given your vote to only get scraps! This is why MORE GOVERNMENT is the last thing we need! They want more control and government ruling over our Nations, and as I asked before, when has that served us well? The way this country works, and by what is going on, because of the flood of people from MANY countries pouring in here, we are last on the list and will continue to be if we don't put their feet to the fire over it!
Just look at how many illegals live above the poverty line and how many NDN's will never know what it's like to live as good as the illegals! That's a shame in this country and you will find that as the Population of illegals continues, we will become more and more put to the side and left out.If you don't believe me just look at what this country is spending on non citizens right now, compared to what the government does to help the NDN's.

Los Angeles California,
35 million for one month of food stamps/welfare
444 million per year for welfare
400 million for health care
220 million for public safety
1 billion+ annually

One city in all of America, how many more cities, in how many states?
If you hold your breath, as to win we are going to get the needed help WE ARE entitled too, without holding them accountable, then you'll be dead before you or your children, or grandchildren ever see it!
What would just 1 month of 35 million dollars do to help any Nation in need? You do the math!
I think that both parties do as little as they can get by with, to ensure someone votes for them.
If it makes me a racist to think that our Nations should come before people from China, India, Germany, Mexico etc. then I am a huge racist! This government will continue to look the other way and what the shame of it is, is that we let them by voting tradition and not expecting more! I hate elections when all we do is hope for the best! But your comfortable with that and I'm not!
Old 11-27-2007, 01:07 AM   #171
Teen Dancer

Skillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scale
Quote:
Skillet your rhetoric is straight from any left wing site. Your personal beliefs and, "Feelings" mean nothing if you can't prove them. You are just repeating the left mantra of Cindy Sheehan and moveon org and code pink, hardly fair and balanced groups, because you hate Bush. I don't care if you hate Bush, go ahead! I honestly don't believe that there is ANY PROOF YOU WOULD EVER BELIEVE so this isn't for you, but for those who are open to actual thought!
First Bush did serve in the Texas National Guard and received an honorable discharge. Again, if what he did wasn't serving his country then your also accusing countless service men and women of not really serving their country. That would include my deceased husband who put 20 yrs. in the Army and National Guard. He was a veteran of Panama, but worked in a support position during that conflict. He didn't serve? Your not up on your news cause the Dems. got busted for lying about his service!
Dan Rather got busted for lying on the news and presenting falsified evidence, manufactured by the left to discredit his service. Made a fool out of himself and got his entire career discredited for it! That is one of the reasons he is trying to sue the network claiming that he was given the misinformation to report, and that it didn't come from him!
But that's what happens when you lie, isn't it!
Bill Clinton -- Draft Dodger, Liar, Flag Burner, Traitor Bill Clintons a draft dogger! Yeah, he went to England and here is his history of being a draft dogger. Not talking points but a point by point demonstration!
First off the military is a volunteer army and no one got dragged into serving against their will. The military folk that have read your posts and the posts of others are really quite angry over what you have written because they volunteered to go and fight and don't agree with you on ANY LEVEL because they know why they are there and why we are fighting! You and others do such a disservice to the sacrifice of what they are doing over there, because you are calling them liars as well, by the simple fact that you and others don't listen to them and the real job that they are doing. THEY HATE KERRY, CLINTON, OBAMA, AND THE REST OF THE DEFEATiST LEFT! Bush still enjoys great support amongst the troops in both fronts and General Petreaus is kicking *** having made great progress, something your fav. party hates! Your fav. party wants this war to fail, they want the genocide of countless people and God help us if they get their way! You think about all those troops that lost their lives FOR NOTHING BECAUSE OF THE DEFEAT YOU WANT!! They gave their lives to LIBERATE TWO COUNTRIES, IN WHICH 50 MILLION PEOPLE HAVE BEEN LIBERATED! No, small task! Oh, and by the way we were attacked by Bin Lauden BEFORE BUSH WAS ELECTED! Sorry, your dead wrong! Read the list and weep!
i will say this about a few of your comments...first of all my words are my own and i dont need to copy words from any site,i have my own opinions and always have...what forms my opinions is constant reading and observations plus a number of years as an investigative journalist for an Indian paper...the democratic party is not my "fav party"...as i stated before i am Indian,not dem or repub and my concern is for Indian People.
FYI my family has a long history of serving in the US Military so back way off that with me,you really dont want to go there...and many people that i know who have servede for years in the military donot support bush nor his war...be clear too,everyone i know supports the troops just not this corrupt admin of bush's....hmmmmm...bush was "elected" in novemeber of 2000...sworn in january 2001...now when was 9-11,2001??? AFTER BUSH WAS ELECTED AND SWORN IN...i honestly cant figure out how you can mis-remember that one LOL sorry YOURE DEAD WRONG!!!!!!!!!
rant on....
Old 11-27-2007, 01:13 AM   #172
Junior Dancer

Ogama, will you ever address or answer anything at all? You have been visibly absent except to post Obama campaign adds! You did it again this time and I can post Native Americans who think Obama is a really bad idea! They don't care much for Hillary either. Well, at least we can agree about the disaster called Hillary, can't we!
I have tried to engage you repeatedly and have asked a multitude of questions to elicit some actual talk or debate and got nothing, in return. So how about it, can you get deeper than an add?
Old 11-27-2007, 01:15 AM   #173
Teen Dancer

Quote:
India?? People from India? Funny coming from you skillet as you are pro illegal immigration and open borders! We went through that before and you think it's racist to not agree with you on that point!
I am not racist because I don't think it's good for this country, you want more for the NDN's, than how about all those billions that we are spending on non citizens of this country that are taking money that could be used to help the poor Ndn's? How many billions more will be spent by your fav. party because they want that vote for the future? They all want to give them free everything and already are. They don't even have to be good, "citizens" in this country to get the free goodies, they can be the worst criminals ever and let's not forget those terrorists that are here because people are afraid to be called racist, by people like you! I really dislike Bush's and the left's plan for the illegals and he has done an awful job protecting the borders. In the last go round with you, I posted a link that proved that illegals are devastating the border reservations and that crime is huge on the rez because of them coming here illegally! Didn't bother you one bit.
You can't complain about there not being enough money for the various Nations if your willing to get in line BEHIND, non citizens and are willing to accept the left over scraps of what will be the biggest new voting block this nation has seen in a long time! Both parties are wrong, but it you think that they are going to flood that money to those they have legal contracts with them your mistaken. This is why they need to have their feet held to the fire and not just given your vote to only get scraps! This is why MORE GOVERNMENT is the last thing we need! They want more control and government ruling over our Nations, and as I asked before, when has that served us well? The way this country works, and by what is going on, because of the flood of people from MANY countries pouring in here, we are last on the list and will continue to be if we don't put their feet to the fire over it!
Just look at how many illegals live above the poverty line and how many NDN's will never know what it's like to live as good as the illegals! That's a shame in this country and you will find that as the Population of illegals continues, we will become more and more put to the side and left out.If you don't believe me just look at what this country is spending on non citizens right now, compared to what the government does to help the NDN's.

Los Angeles California,
35 million for one month of food stamps/welfare
444 million per year for welfare
400 million for health care
220 million for public safety
1 billion+ annually

One city in all of America, how many more cities, in how many states?
If you hold your breath, as to win we are going to get the needed help WE ARE entitled too, without holding them accountable, then you'll be dead before you or your children, or grandchildren ever see it!
What would just 1 month of 35 million dollars do to help any Nation in need? You do the math!
I think that both parties do as little as they can get by with, to ensure someone votes for them.
If it makes me a racist to think that our Nations should come before people from China, India, Germany, Mexico etc. then I am a huge racist! This government will continue to look the other way and what the shame of it is, is that we let them by voting tradition and not expecting more! I hate elections when all we do is hope for the best! But your comfortable with that and I'm not!
ok now youre getting beyong annoying...donot be so presumptious as to think you know what i stand for or what i think...again i donot have a fav party...and when did i state i was for illegal immigration? dont twist my words nor manipulate them as party of your rhetoric...i was trying to carry on a adult debate but you dont seem to be able to do that....so im done with you rant on and keep making a total a** of yourself,you dont need my help at all,you just fine on your own....odd tho,i never called YOU a racist...it was your 'friend" who was posting alongside you who i said was making racist comments...are you one and the same person?
my comment about jobs being outsourced to indian has absolutly nothing to do with immigration in this country...how ever did you manage to twist that around? this is what i truly love about politics...simple questions are asked and theres never an answer...tc have fun and keep your ranting going...
Old 11-27-2007, 01:29 AM   #174
Junior Dancer

Skillet your dead wrong and you can read and see with your own eyes and can hear the truth with your own ears and like I said before, there is nothing that anyone can put forth no matter how true it is, that could convince you, because you hate Bush. So, like I also said before, go ahead and hate him, I don't care, but your feelings are just that and nothing more! You seem to be limited in what you read, because you are so quick to dismiss any facts laid out for you, that disagree with your beliefs. But you can do that! That's fine, because I don't expect you to think like me, and that's okay too! Like I said this really isn't for you anyway, it's for those who seek some balance and truth. Did any of the truths about Bill Clinton that you got wrong teach you anything? Nah.
So what about the troops that think your wrong? Do they count? Do the troops that support the president and the mission count, as much as the troops you claim don't?
You guys brought up service and got an answer you don't like. If telling the truth is ranting, then your right, I'm the queen of rant! Proudly so!
Old 11-27-2007, 01:37 AM   #175
Junior Dancer

Skillet you did accuse me of being what I understand to be racist and made an apology at the time for what you said about me. If you don't remember what you said, then maybe you better go back and read the thread about it.
Out sourced jobs to India? Clinton did that too, google it! Maybe you should, before you type. Both parties are guilty of it! Duh! Oh and just so you know, illegal immigrants from India are also huge in Cali, where my brother lives.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:24 AM   #176
Junior Dancer

I went back and read the whole thread, and it wasn't you that called me a racist and for that I apologize. The point is, is that the word, "racist" in that thread got used repeatedly when it comes to illegal immigration, and my friend who is a good woman, got slammed because she doesn't understand how her words are viewed outside the people she has always been around. She has suffered "Great Abuse" for being NDN from her family and longs to be welcomed, by those she has always longed to be accepted by. I know her heart and she is special, and although her words seemed to paint her in a particular way, she is not that woman and she above all people doesn't deserve the title of racist, as I know the work she has done in her life.
This site can be like a mine field, especially if your unsure how to say something or if you go against the grain and share new ideas. I also wrote about how those who have never been raised with our traditions, don't know how to ask the right questions or know how to talk to those, who have been taught about their Nations.
They need to be taken and nurtured and taught with wisdom and love, with great patience. She was thrown away and ganged up on and that was wrong. She catches hell from both sides and it's wrong! But yes, she is my friend and I am proud to call her that! No matter what you think of her, she would give her life before seeing any harm done to you or your family. She is that selfless. I think you clearly stated your position on illegal immigration that night, and once again that's okay.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:09 AM   #177
Junior Dancer

Ogama, I am not suggesting that we run around nuking countries, and as far as the United States, goes we have an interest from keeping countries, that want nukes to kill people from obtaining them, and that is why Obama isn't the guy who understands that! You guys are writing that we need to only talk to them while they obtain those weapons! Come on Ogama, do you think that after years of talking to them that anything is going to change? You have an absurd belief that we haven't talked to the leaders of mass destruction! Saddam...yrs. of it and 13 resolutions before he was removed! I know you all like to forget this little tid bit but Bush didn't rush to war, he gave Saddam a time to respond by and Saddam refused. HE BROUGHT IT ON HIMSELF AFTER YEARS OF TERROR AND MASS MURDER, KICKING OUT THE INSPECTORS AND NOT DOING WHAT HE PROMISED!
Iran has been in talks for years. It's not that we have never talked to them, it how Obama wants to do it that is so stupid. Then there are those of you who don't see a problem with nukes in the region, or the genocide we will cause by leaving the region, yet you speak of mother earth and have no goal or plan of stopping nations obtain them who promise to murder. You talk of elders and peace when you support a man who will stand down to those who slaughter people!
If that is your idea of a perfect world, and turn your back to the genocide of millions then I don't know what you are!
Old 11-27-2007, 05:12 AM   #178
Junior Dancer

What I posted failed to mention the first attack on the world trade center in 1993 under Clinton. If you look at who was involved, it proves beyond ANY DOUBT that there were terrorists in Iraq before 911 and the war and that Al Qaeda was alive and well and carrying out attacks on America and American interests as well as other places in the world! But as always, we want to blame America first and not the terrorists who plant the bombs. Oh, no it can't be that it's their ideology that drives them to murder. It's like if someone stands up to them and holds them accountable for their murder, they are wrong to do so, because it might make them mad and they will fight back! Really? So they should go on, grow in numbers, and kill who ever they want unfettered, cause we don't want to upset them?
We fought back against the Whites and to say that as NDN's that we were wrong to do so is ridicules! Our Chiefs and elders condoned it! The whole idea that we as NDN'S have never fought back or fought for less than just reasons, flies smack in the face of this, just talk to them mentality! We don't seek out war, but when it's merited, then we fight! Of course we want peace, but evil when left unattended spreads and grows like a cancer. History bears that out everytime! What the terrorists have shown us is that it is a world wide struggle for world domination and it's undeniable! Who ever wins the White House can't play catch up or let's try this...They better come in with the experience needed and the experience that Obama himself claims to bring to this, is his experience of when he was a 10 year old boy!
Ogama, is that the experience your satisfied with?

World Trade Center 1993 bombings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 11-27-2007, 04:54 PM   #179
OgamaWab

Question Wikipedia watch this movie

Quote:
What I posted failed to mention the first attack on the world trade center in 1993 under Clinton. If you look at who was involved, it proves beyond ANY DOUBT that there were terrorists in Iraq before 911 and the war and that Al Qaeda was alive and well and carrying out attacks on America and American interests as well as other places in the world! But as always, we want to blame America first and not the terrorists who plant the bombs. Oh, no it can't be that it's their ideology that drives them to murder. It's like if someone stands up to them and holds them accountable for their murder, they are wrong to do so, because it might make them mad and they will fight back! Really? So they should go on, grow in numbers, and kill who ever they want unfettered, cause we don't want to upset them?
We fought back against the Whites and to say that as NDN's that we were wrong to do so is ridicules! Our Chiefs and elders condoned it! The whole idea that we as NDN'S have never fought back or fought for less than just reasons, flies smack in the face of this, just talk to them mentality! We don't seek out war, but when it's merited, then we fight! Of course we want peace, but evil when left unattended spreads and grows like a cancer. History bears that out everytime! What the terrorists have shown us is that it is a world wide struggle for world domination and it's undeniable! Who ever wins the White House can't play catch up or let's try this...They better come in with the experience needed and the experience that Obama himself claims to bring to this, is his experience of when he was a 10 year old boy!
Ogama, is that the experience your satisfied with?

World Trade Center 1993 bombings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
sorry wakopataki, I meant wakopataki watch this movie.

Last edited by OgamaWab10; 11-27-2007 at 05:01 PM..
Old 11-27-2007, 06:01 PM   #180
OgamaWab

Post News From Indian Country

NFIC Columnists - Jack Forbes: Native Intelligence
by Jack D. Forbes
News From Indian Country

In two previous articles I have provided background for the setting up of a ceasefire and for a conference of key Iraqi groups to hopefully bring an end to the fighting in that country.

I am hopeful for the people of Iraq, because Iraq has a long history of different ethnic and religious groups getting along, in spite of the instances of fighting and discrimination.

Iraq, for example, still possesses religious groups whose roots go back into pre-Christian and pre-Islamic times, a phenomenon which simply does not exist in Europe. And for very long periods, Baghdad was the seat of a very vigorous and significant Jewish community, the most important in the world during periods of several diasporas.

Many Christian groups have also survived in Iraq, all through the years of Islamic dominance. Of course, the years of Saddam Hussein (supported by the Reagan and First Bush administrations), the bombings by Bill Clinton, and the invasion by Bush 2 have resulted in very worse conditions for persons of all faiths.

Let us assume that a ceasefire has been achieved, at least among most legitimate Iraqi groups. The discussions that follow, perhaps with conferencing by closed-circuit television, should involve all classes of society including especially women.

But I believe that it is worthwhile to suggest that a second conference be held although it is perhaps not my place to even make this suggestion.

Let me explain: since one of the key elements in the current killing in Iraq relates to the long-lasting animosity between some elements within Sunni Islam and Shia Islam, would it be impertinent here to suggest that key Muslim religious leaders from, say, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and other countries be asked to converse with each other in an attempt to at least bring about peaceful relations between Sunni Islam and the Shia world?

Again, this is a question to be answered only by Muslim religious thinkers of the highest order, but it would seem to be timely.

We should recall that from the 1100s through the 1700s, and even later, Protestants, Catholics, Eastern Orthodox groups, and other Christians were often at each other’s throats.

From the slaughters of millions of Albigensians (Cathari) by Roman Catholics in the beginning of this period through the “crusades” which often saw Eastern Orthodox as a target, to the horrible religious wars of central and northern Europe (which spread often to America as well after 1492), and on to continued persecution and executions until at least the early 1800s, Christians were usually at each other’s throats, when not practicing intolerance and discrimination against each other.

Many have forgotten this horrible age of Christian fanaticism, jihadism (if you will), and rigid fundamentalism (vestiges of which continued on until recent times, focused often on Jews and practitioners of Native American and other non-European religions).

What I am suggesting is that perhaps Muslims need to have their major thinkers to converse together to see if some sort of understanding cannot be brought about between Sunni, Shiite, Sufi, and other groups with roots in Islam. Such a process might help solve at least some of the difficulties Iraqis face today as they confront “true-believers” who seem to believe that their bombs, guns, and swords speak for the Creator.

I apologize for suggesting something that might offend some Muslims, since I am a believer in the prophets (messengers) of ancient America who came to our Native American people over the ages. Nonetheless, is it not our duty as children of the Creator (the Great Spirit) to all come together to protect the living beings which have been placed in this sacred world?

Just today I was reading of the 8 million Iraqis who are barely surviving and of the other millions who have become refugees. It seems to me that the fate of these persons should be of the highest importance to the rich men who started the war, namely George Bush, Dick Cheney, and their clique of war planners.

But I also must include Bill Clinton and his predecessor in office, George Bush the elder, for their constant bombing of Baghdad over many years, with the destruction of water supplies, electricity plants, and other social infrastructure. Reportedly, incredible damage was done to the quality of Iraqi life and to the survivability of children, even before the current attack began.

Therefore, I think that the United States Congress should ask these rich gentlemen to contribute a large proportion of their private wealth to a fund for the reconstruction of Iraq, including specifically payments to Iraqis who have lost loved ones in the bombings and the invasion.

I would think that President Bush would want to give up all of his private wealth, since he will have a presidential pension adequate for his needs, and the same for Vice President Cheney and their fellow war-hawks.

In addition, the USA should set up a “Marshall Plan” for the Middle East that will commit very large sums of money to the rebuilding of war-ravaged areas, such as Palestine, Lebanon, and Iraq. A start can be made by canceling Bush’s plans for giving increased billions of dollars in military goods to Israel, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia. We would be crazy to give good money, belonging to all of us, to rich or prosperous governments which can darn well afford their own arms (and which do not need any more anyway).

This is the way that I would suggest that we kick-start the peace process in Iraq. We switch the agenda to peace and reconstruction. No more fighting (except when attacked); but lots of listening, talking and sharing of resources.

Professor Forbes makes no pretense to being an expert on the Middle East, however, he is an expert on the behavior of the USA towards Native Americans and other American republics. His latest book is The American Discovery of Europe.
Sponsored Links