PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/index.php)
-   Native Issues (http://forums.powwows.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   needles powwow a white man powwow? (http://forums.powwows.com/showthread.php?t=17345)

the-grass-punk 02-13-2004 03:28 PM

needles powwow a white man powwow?

a powwow in needles is taking place in 2 weekswhen i heard about it i thought it would be fun until i heard it was run by boy scouts.

boy scouts!!!! i donno if i should go i think there will be a lotta white people dancin or tryin to dance so i probably have a chance of winnin.

what do u think i should go or not???

billyjoejimbob 02-13-2004 04:29 PM

If ya got nuthin else to do...why not. Itll be fun.

Youll be a star.

Dancin by the bay 02-13-2004 07:18 PM

O yea may be I should contest I may just have a chance in gettin 3rd. When is this any how I didn't see it listed any where.

:4:

Kiwehnzii 02-13-2004 10:09 PM

Re: needles powwow a white man powwow?

Quote:

Originally posted by the-grass-punk
i donno if i should go i think there will be a lotta white people dancin or tryin to dance so i probably have a chance of winnin.

:D

HUGGIE_BEAR 02-15-2004 06:04 AM

WHITE MAN JUST LIKE TO POKE FUN AT US, BUT WE POKE FUN RIGHT BACK THAT IS WHY THEY GAVE US LIQUOR TO MAKE OF THE WHITE MAN

eucheefolife 02-15-2004 06:30 PM

go for it u might feel all special cause ur the only ndn lol and they all might be like are u a real indian??? lmao but for real u should go cause it probably be fun and u might win

Stirbaby 02-16-2004 08:08 AM

I am going to enter the starve like a pilgram contest.

hidatsawmn26 02-16-2004 12:04 PM

i jest say go for it...maybe ya might be able to teach them somethang-becca

the-grass-punk 02-17-2004 02:06 PM

too easy

there were practically no indians there all i saw was lil whie kidsin there scouts uniforms i won 1st yall know it

but.............there was alot of disrespect by the scouts

when the has the intertibal they all ran out therescreamin tryin to dance and makin that noise with there mouth and there hand it was embarssing and all the white peopleadults were laughin cause they thoguht it was cute and when i went to get food wit my friends kids where like cowboys i donno and they were like get those indians u know with the lil plastic guns

i saw another group of kids playin cowboys and indians it was annoyin and embarassin

but there were some indians there mostly locals but hey i won 100 buks

:D :D

quicksilverwade 02-17-2004 06:13 PM

I live in Ontario, California which is about four hours away from Needles. Our family has never gone to a powwow in Needles nor do I think we will. It's like going to a powwow in Big Bear maybe worse.

Kiwehnzii 02-17-2004 09:58 PM

Re: too easy

Quote:

Originally posted by the-grass-punk
there were practically no indians there all i saw was lil whie kidsin there scouts uniforms i won 1st yall know it
:D :D

Chalk this one up as a lesson. Don't let $$$$$$$ blind you. It sounds like you didn't enjoy yourself much. Don't go back if you don't like it.

I have went to quite a few small powwows and had a good time. A lot were small because either they were tradish or there was a lot of other powwows going on. I don't select powwows because of their size but because I enjoyed myself. I had or made friends during these gatherings. The last one I went to was at Mashantucket Ct. on New Years eve. It was small, but it had good feeling. I had a wonderful time and made quite a few friends there.