Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues New Program Launched to Find Missing Native Kids New Program Launched to Find Missing Native Kids

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Savings: 0.00
New Program Launched to Find Missing Native Kids

In co-operation with the Dept of Justice, AFN, RCMP, Federal Government and the Canadian Centre for Child Protection has launched a new program to help find missing Native kids.

To raise awareness of the site, Atleo has done a public service announcement that will air on the Aboriginal People’s Television Network, while Missingkids.ca will send materials to about 650 band offices and 700 RCMP and First Nations police detachments across Canada.

The Website is located at:

http://missingkids.ca/app/en/media_r..._justice_forum

Please take a moment and look through the database. If you've seen anything in your own community that might help get these kids home, then contact the agencies listed.

When my kid was 15, she stayed out for the night and didn't call home. By 1 AM I was on the phone to all her friends and their parents. By 3 AM I was on the phone to the police and by 4 AM they had been to the house to get a recent picture and description of her, by 5 AM the radio and TV stations were broadcasting her details. At 7AM, the police asked for her dental records... as a parent that is something I never hope another parent has to supply. I puked up for about an hour at the thought of why they would need them. At 8 AM the police were at her school and getting information from her classmates and by 9AM they had found her waiting for a bus.

I can't imagine what days turning into weeks then years are like for the parents of a missing child... I barely held it together for 8 hours.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/program-aim...210335528.html
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
Kanien'kehá ka

Items TreeChange User Title49 AccessShark
KewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond reputeKewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond reputeKewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond reputeKewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond repute
KewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond reputeKewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond reputeKewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond reputeKewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond reputeKewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond reputeKewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond reputeKewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond reputeKewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond reputeKewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond reputeKewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond reputeKewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond reputeKewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond reputeKewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond reputeKewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond reputeKewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond reputeKewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond reputeKewlMohawkGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 6,073.21
Savings: 2.00
This is a great mode to get the word out there. I've seen commercials for this on APTN but yet to see any on the the mainstream media outlets.

I know that in my area there are two missing teens which seem to be falling off of the local radar.
KewlMohawkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlMohawkGirl View Post
This is a great mode to get the word out there. I've seen commercials for this on APTN but yet to see any on the the mainstream media outlets.

I know that in my area there are two missing teens which seem to be falling off of the local radar.
Here's the missing native women's website... if anyone has any tiny detail they can share, please contact the numbers listed.

Warning... some information contained in the details of each woman is very disturbing... read with caution.

http://www.missingnativewomen.org/ontario.htm
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Last edited by yaahl; 02-23-2012 at 10:12 AM..
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links