Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Owl Medicine Owl Medicine

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #41
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
sharpeyes is infamous around these partssharpeyes is infamous around these partssharpeyes is infamous around these partssharpeyes is infamous around these partssharpeyes is infamous around these partssharpeyes is infamous around these partssharpeyes is infamous around these partssharpeyes is infamous around these parts
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
[/quote]

Last edited by sharpeyes; 02-07-2010 at 08:45 PM..
sharpeyes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #42
Pow Wow Visitor

sharpeyes is infamous around these partssharpeyes is infamous around these partssharpeyes is infamous around these partssharpeyes is infamous around these partssharpeyes is infamous around these partssharpeyes is infamous around these partssharpeyes is infamous around these partssharpeyes is infamous around these parts
pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp p

Last edited by sharpeyes; 02-07-2010 at 08:43 PM..
Old 02-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #43
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,059.27
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
A frog will praise it's own pond. A medicine person will not try to impress others by exposing their gifts like a they are writing a resume. Sounds like you are trying to impress someone with all your knowledge.

Answer me this...

I heard and owl screech tonight. Am I supposed to be afraid of the night owl or use my medicine by telling the owl this is my valley and I am not afraid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpeyes View Post
Seem to me that you know nothing of the ways of a "Medicine Person" or how to have a discussion. If the Medicine people had not told what they know the tribe would have starved to death. If the medicine people had not told what they saw in their dreams the tribe would have never survive the attacks of the whites nor would they have know they were coming.

Seems the only "ego" presence here is your ego. I believed this was a place to have an intelligent conversation, but unfortunately I was wrong.

Only a person, who knows nothing of spirit ways would be afraid of anything...especially an owl..! Seem to be me you are a Coyote...............!
Sharpeyes

Congratulations in becoming the second official pws.com WTF Member! Your posts in this thread alone are definitely hall of shame material. It would not surprise me if all your future posts continue to be condescending and inaccurate. 20 dollars say JD can whoop your @ss. You couldn't bust a grape in a food fight sucka!
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2010, 08:36 PM   #44
Pow Wow Visitor

ignoramus!

Last edited by sharpeyes; 02-07-2010 at 08:44 PM..
Old 02-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #45
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Okay, so I was correct on the lack of education and maturity .....i.e. "whoop your arse"....................! Wow................ignoramus!

lay off the liquid
yeah your real slick kid

i got here what you said before you edited...
you mark

Last edited by Paul G; 02-08-2010 at 03:30 PM..
Old 02-07-2010, 09:22 PM   #46
Ugh. As. If.

Quote:
pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp p
what you said has already been quoted by Joe's Dad and myself. what is this, an attempt to clean the slate?
Old 02-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #47
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 152,480.84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits & Beans View Post
don't let your alligator mouth override your hummingbird @ss
your owl medicine can't protect you from a 40 caliber rash
lay off the liquid
yeah your real slick kid

i got here what you said before you edited...
you mark
So 35 years ago, I was stationed in NC with the 82nd Airborne. So I was walking with this girl to Hay Street (every post has a 'Hay Street' LOL) NEwayz, some fool came up to the girl and asked her if she wanted to fight.

The girl proceeded to put a can of whoopa$$ on the idiot. I just held her beer. She left later, but the fool came back with his friend. He opened his mouth, thinking his friend was gonna back him up. The friend didn't and the fool just ended up laying where I left him. hahahahaaaaa

Grits & Beans...I believe you were that girl!

These candya$$ plastic 'medicine men' come on here and want to show their 'knowledge' and when you don't agree with them, we are unintelligent and don't know how to hold a conversation. Go figure.

sharpeyes didn't even have the balls to answer my question.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Last edited by Joe's Dad; 02-07-2010 at 11:03 PM..
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2010, 10:06 PM   #48
Ugh. As. If.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
So 35 years ago, I was stationed in NC with the 82nd Airborne. So I was walking with this girl to Hay Street (every post has a 'Hay Street' LOL) NEwayz, some fool came up to the girl and asked her if she wanted to fight.

The girl proceeded to put a can of whoopa$$ on the idiot. I just held her beer. She left later, but the fool came back with his friend. He opened his mouth, thinking his friend was gonna back him up. The friend didn't and the fool just ended up laying where I left him. hahahahaaaaa

Grits & Beans...I believe you were that girl!

These candya$$ plastic 'medicine men' come on here and want to show their 'knowledge' and when you agree with them, we are unintelligent and don't know how to hold a conversation. Go figure.

sharpeyes didn't even have the balls to answer my question.
Me Stands With A Fist! But no marry LooTenTen!

Old 02-07-2010, 11:15 PM   #49
Tiny Tot Dancer

BigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond repute
BigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond repute
Sharpeyes I would learn more of your medicines. I see you are blessed with multiple medicines and I wonder if they ever come in to conflict with each other. While on safari I was myself blessed with gnu medicine, and the Sangoma (similar to a shaman) of the Xhosa tribe who instructed me in understanding the dreams which transfered this medicine to me precautioned me against mixing this medicine with medicines of other animals who are opposing animal tribes. I have not found many people here on this continent with whom I can converse with in regards to being a carrier of multiple medicines. I would love to hear more of your medicines and how they came to you.
BigChef is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #50
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,940.82
Easy now!

Let's try to disagree with each other in a more civil manner! And that goes for everyone on this thread!
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #51
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,980.51
My tribe don't dig on owls.

It's not that they are inherently bad/evil -- as if God would CREATE something inherently evil -- but they can share gifts that I don't want.

Simple.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #52
Pow Wow Visitor

They come when I need their guidance and assistance, then step back when the situation or event is done. Hawk is around all the time.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:11 PM   #53
Ugh. As. If.

Quote:
They come when I need their guidance and assistance, then step back when the situation or event is done. Hawk is around all the time.
Hard for me to discuss a topic intelligently and civilized when I'm accustomed to steak and all you got to offer is bologna!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #54
Hola!

kgirl7 has a reputation beyond repute
kgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,660.82
2004! Six years ago! I think when you edit stuff you bump up the thread. Shoulda just left it alone.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:48 PM   #55
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,980.51
Quote:
Sure.

Whatever.

I STILL don't dig on Strigiformes.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-08-2010, 10:48 PM   #56
Pow Wow Visitor

spirit sends what spirit sends

Oh well! I did not call the owl it came with a message and it was right! Someone was trying to pull a fast one by finding information. Owl is a messenger or at least that is how I see it for me. Everyone is different. I am not sure why everyone here seems to think they are authority on this topic. People all over the world have traditions for animals not just here on turtle island.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:54 PM   #57
Ugh. As. If.

great more bologna!

spirit sends what spirit sends??? that's like saying stupid is as stupid does.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:01 AM   #58
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits & Beans View Post
great more bologna!

spirit sends what spirit sends??? that's like saying stupid is as stupid does.
Paul says to play nice.

This is me ---->

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 02-09-2010, 01:19 AM   #59
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
Oh well! I did not call the owl it came with a message and it was right! Someone was trying to pull a fast one by finding information. Owl is a messenger or at least that is how I see it for me. Everyone is different. I am not sure why everyone here seems to think they are authority on this topic. People all over the world have traditions for animals not just here on turtle island.
Will you name the 'everyone on here' people who think they are authority on this topic. Many of us who have been on this board for a period of time acknowledge the difference in beliefs of people. Well, not only on this board, but also in real life. Many of us have traveled through Indian Country, met respected spiritual leaders of different tribes, and occasionally have come away with a different perspective on their, and our, beliefs. I have yet to hear some of the people I've met use the verbage you use. Personally, I think they'd get run off the rez if they spoke like you.

We won't share our experiences, or beliefs, with many. When a person comes on here boasting of 14 different animal totems, and comes from 6 different races, you question how much knowledge this person has. I did. I still do.

I acknowledge people treat light and dark, good and evil, light and dark, good medicine and bad medicine differently. I respect those who quietly go about their beliefs without boasting about their so-called accomplishments.

But what do I know. I'm just an old man enjoying life on this day.

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Last edited by Joe's Dad; 02-09-2010 at 01:24 AM..
Old 02-09-2010, 01:20 AM   #60
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
I played nice, Paul.

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Sponsored Links