Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues powwow season gas prices powwow season gas prices

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2004, 06:22 PM   #1
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
SpeakingOwl has a reputation beyond repute
SpeakingOwl has a reputation beyond reputeSpeakingOwl has a reputation beyond reputeSpeakingOwl has a reputation beyond reputeSpeakingOwl has a reputation beyond reputeSpeakingOwl has a reputation beyond reputeSpeakingOwl has a reputation beyond reputeSpeakingOwl has a reputation beyond reputeSpeakingOwl has a reputation beyond reputeSpeakingOwl has a reputation beyond reputeSpeakingOwl has a reputation beyond reputeSpeakingOwl has a reputation beyond reputeSpeakingOwl has a reputation beyond reputeSpeakingOwl has a reputation beyond reputeSpeakingOwl has a reputation beyond reputeSpeakingOwl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,136.86
Savings: 0.00
powwow season gas prices

Subject: Fw: 2004 GASOLINE PRICES
>
>
> ----- I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the
> summer. Want
> gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united
> action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE
SENSE
> than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around
last
> April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we
> wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more
of an
> inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,whoever thought
of
> this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.
>
> Please read it and join with us .By now you're probably thinking
> gasoline
> priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.97 for
regular
> unleaded in my town Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have

> conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at
$1.50-
> $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control
the
> marketplace....not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each
> day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see
the
> price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not
purchasing
> their gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we
all
> rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact
on
> gas prices if we all act together to force a price war. Here's the idea:
For
> the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest
> companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling
any gas,
> they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices,
the
> other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need
to
> reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really
simple
> to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll
> explain how simple it is to reach millions of people I am sending this
note to
> about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10
=
> 300) .. and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =
3,000)...and so
> on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we
will
> have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get
excited
> and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have
been
> contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED

> MILLION PEOPLE!!!
>
>
> Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If
> you
> don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is
send
> this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician
SpeakingOwl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-05-2004, 11:07 AM   #2
The Original OP CREW

AlmostThere is a name known to all
Credits: 0.00
thanks I will be sure to pass the word
Old 03-05-2004, 11:19 AM   #3
Fat Singer

billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
Aint gonna work.

We need to invade and take over another country and steal all the oil.

Not like we didnt invade a country and steal all its resources in the past 500 years at all.:Chatter

We can call it a peace keeping mission.

Kill the people with dark skin and excess body hair and steal their stuff. (but than the idiots in charge may invade italy and we would have a surplus of OLIVE oil)
billyjoejimbob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-05-2004, 02:11 PM   #4
PowWows.com Addicts

NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,809.51
Another Hoax.....

This is just another email hoax - check the following webpage.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...ycott_2004.htm
Old 03-05-2004, 05:51 PM   #5
Junior Dancer

peekaboo has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboo has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboo has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboo has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboo has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboo has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboo has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboo has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboo has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboo has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboo has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboo has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboo has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboo has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboo has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboo has a reputation beyond repute
diesel is killing me man on te loads i expense out. i hope to cash in on some of them out of staters so i can even out.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:27 PM   #6
Teen Dancer

Tom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeTom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeTom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeTom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeTom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeTom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeTom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeTom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeTom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeTom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeTom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeTom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeTom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeTom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeTom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeTom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeTom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeTom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeTom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeTom Iron Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Less Events

It has already hit me. I am already down several events due to the very high gas prices.

The price for Premium is just plain ridiculous - it is right at $2.00 around here and other parts of the mid-west. And no I can 't use anything less - trust me on this one, some engines that call for Premium really must use Premium.

It will be a very intersting season once the Memorial Holiday Weekend gets here - I fear to see what the price will be then as that is the un-offical start of summer.
Tom Iron Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2004, 06:36 AM   #7
PowWows.com Addicts

NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,809.51
Don't get me wrong - I wasn't saying the prices weren't going up just that the boycott thing was a hoax.
Old 03-12-2004, 01:03 AM   #8
Teen Dancer

One Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant future
Back during World War II when they were rationing gas, my grandmoher got around the higher proces and rationing by buying moonshine-the really good stuff-off her dad and other relatives who made it. She'd put it in the tank, adjust the carburetor for a richer air intake, and go.

Right now corn and grain is very cheap, and the nation's granaries have millions of metric tons of it going to waste. Why not brew your own fuel? I've seen stills which brewed 50 gallons each. You need 2 clean 55-gal metal drums, a heat source, and about 10 feet of copper tubing for the still. You use corn, barley, sugar and yeast to make the mash. Let the mash ferment several days or until the yeast stops foaming. Strain out the remains of the grains and feed to livestock(your cattles and horses will be fat and inebriated).

run the tubing from one drum to the other(tops on the drums), them brew the mash with low heat. as the mash heats, it begins to evaporate through the coiled tubing. The water draws off while the ethanol perculates into the other drum. The longer it's distilled the better quality it is, but the first squeezings are always the purest. To test purity, pour a small glass then drop a lit match in. If it burns blue, its top quality. Other colors mean impurities are present.

Ethanol is cheap, burns clean, doesn't gunk up your engine, and comes from a renewable source. Don't know what to tell y'all who use diesel, tho.
One Hot Mama is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2004, 03:03 AM   #9
Tiny Tot Dancer

cynthosi3@aol.com is an unknown quantity at this point
HEY PEEKABOO R U A COMPANY DRVR OR A O/O WELL I GUESS IT DON'T MATTER CUZ NOBODY IS MAKING ANY JING RITE NOW.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:31 AM   #10
Tiny Tot Dancer

NativeWay is infamous around these parts
It's all about Greed.

Thursday, January 29, 2004

DALLAS - Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM) saw fourth-quarter earnings jump 63 percent as it benefited from higher prices for crude oil and natural gas.

Exxon Mobil, the world's largest publicly traded oil company, said Thursday that it also set a record for earnings in one year, $21.51 billion, nearly double its profit for all of 2002.

In the October-December quarter, Exxon Mobil earned $6.65 billion, or $1.01 per share compared with $4.09 billion, or 60 cents per share, a year earlier.

Excluding $2.23 billion from settlement of a dispute with the Internal Revenue Service (search) and other one-time gains and losses, Exxon Mobil said it earned operating profit of $4.42 billion, or 68 cents per share, compared with $3.79 billion, or 56 cents per share a year ago.

That easily beat the forecast of analysts surveyed by Thomson First Call, who had expected earnings of 58 cents per share.

Revenue rose to $65.95 billion from $56.21 billion.

Exxon Mobil shares rose 66 cents, or 1.6 percent, to $41.47 in trading Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange.

Analysts said they expected Exxon Mobil to have a great fourth quarter because of high oil and gas prices. They said the results were even better than expected partly because Exxon Mobil's chemicals business, long stuck in the doldrums, posted a $400 million increase in profit.

Exxon Mobil stepped up its capital spending, including exploration, in the fourth quarter as part of a long-term strategy to boost production by drilling in West Africa, the Gulf of Mexico and elsewhere around the world.

Patrick Mulva, the company's director of investor relations, said capital spending in 2004 would remain around $15 billion.

"It's very important for us to invest in our base, a base that is highly profitable," Mulva said. "These investments are very high-return projects for us."

For all 2003, Exxon Mobil earned a record $21.51 billion, or $3.23 per share, compared to $11.46 billion, or $1.68 per share in 2002. Excluding what the company considered one-time gains, the profit would have been $17.03 billion, on revenue of $246.74 billion, up from $204.51 billion sales in 2002.

The company ended the year with $10.6 billion cash on hand, a spokesman said.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:30 AM   #11
BikerBoyNDNStyle

DANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant future
Credits: 70.00
This is really going to pay an effect on me, as far as, going to alot of long distance p/ws. They are predicting that by May, gas prices will be at an all time high. That really makes it hard to do alot of travelling.
Old 03-19-2004, 01:50 AM   #12
PowWows.com Addicts

drinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond repute
drinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,309.16
Savings: 1.00
Gas prices here have dropped a bit to $2.08
(Los Angeles County)

Smilies is not my 1st Language
drinkingfromysaucer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-19-2004, 08:06 AM   #13
The Original OP CREW

AlmostThere is a name known to all
here in ny gas for 93 is est. at $ 2.10 a gallon. I was just in Fl and gas for 93 was @ the most $1.90. Thats not a big difference or whatever but that $.30 can add up. not to sound cheap or what not but. To me its a difference. and to alot others.