Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Gourd Dance Please Explain Please Explain

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2003, 02:53 AM   #1
CYBER QUEEN

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
TradisH~*~QueeniE is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Please Explain

Could someone please explain to me what Gourd dancing is.....I alwaz hear about it but never saw it b4.... I guess I just dont get to alot of them powwows that has this dance so there for I have never see it.....please expalin

~ If I told you I loved you, would u hold me in your arms so tight, If I told you I loved you, Would you be mine, mine for ever ~

~ U may shoot me with your words, U may cut me with your eyes, U may kill me with your hatefulness, BUT STILL LIKE AIR I'LL RISE ~
TradisH~*~QueeniE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-02-2003, 10:04 PM   #2
Official Hickie Checker

MaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond repute
come on know you kiowas got soemthing to say!!

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

"I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, yahoo!, I'd have all my money back."
MaggieB is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2003, 02:16 AM   #3
cherosage

CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,633.21
Savings: 1.00
Backup singa: Before I can answer this question in a way you can relate to, I would like to ask where you Powwow?

not trying to avoid the question just how to relate.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:41 PM   #4
Pow Wow Visitor

Chi-Ka-Sha is an unknown quantity at this point
The gourd dance originated with the Kiowa people and began with the "Legend of the Red Wolf." Look for a video tape called "Into the Circle" and you can probably get an a better understanding of this warrior's dance. Here in Oklahoma the Kiowa Tia Piah Society has their annual gourd dance around the fourth of July at Chieftain Park near Carnegie, Ok.
Chi-Ka-Sha is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-2003, 10:12 PM   #5
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 260.00
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally posted by CHEROSAGE
Backup singa: Before I can answer this question in a way you can relate to, I would like to ask where you Powwow?

not trying to avoid the question just how to relate.
Relate to her like someone from Canada that has been to more round dances than powwows and the powwows she has been to are all northern protocol.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:03 PM   #6
Teen Dancer

travelingmocs has a reputation beyond repute
travelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond repute
There are many tribes that claim this dance. But the Kiowas are the ones who were to get the dance going again in the sixties and seventies. The story of the Red wolf comes from the Kiowas. If you look in the arcives this has been discussed many of times....
Sponsored Links