Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives > Pow Wow Singing New pow-wow c.d's?!?! New pow-wow c.d's?!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2002, 04:03 PM   #21
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
hoksila is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I would have to say Bear Creek's recording is one of the best I've heard for awhile.
Strong leads, and overall singing, make these guys one of the best out there today.
And with the pick-ups for the tape, Bear Creek seems unstoppable.
What's also good about this recording, is you can't tell the difference in the Live recording from Hinckley to Shakopee.

AJ
hoksila is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2002, 06:17 PM   #22
Nocka

chip is on a distinguished road
Credits: 391.00
I concur, this recording is awesome!
Its easy to see that these guy's sound should propel them to be the very best in contemporary today.
I hope they get the respect they deserve.
Top Notch!
Old 02-20-2002, 05:48 PM   #23
=============

Kool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 580.34
A few people on this post asked about where to find the Young Bird/ Northern Cree "Double Platinum" recording. You can find it at the Canyon Records website (http://www.canyonrecords.com/). They have clips from each song too so you can listen to it before you decide whether or not to buy it. It sounds pretty good to me. The cost is around $16.

Does anyone know how to get onto the Wacipi Records website? When I type wacipirecords.com it won't let me on. Is there an alternate address?

Kool B
Kool Breeze is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-2002, 01:10 AM   #24
Pow Wow Visitor

sewiyakana is an unknown quantity at this point
yea i agree, the new bear creek is pretty good, although some of
leads and the pickups could use some work,,,,good songs though, in a couple of years they will be one of the drums to be reckoned with.....one of the newer tapes/cds i got is Art Moosomin and the Mosquito singers, a dang fine tape with quality Cree round dance songs! i recommend it highly! some of the best round dance singing out there for sure! it think its on .....turtleisland but i could be wrong. I also got Red Dog singers and its a decent tape, good songs and good leads. anyways i have a question for ya all.....what to you makes a good tape or CD....?/???????
sewiyakana is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-2002, 05:23 PM   #25
Gopher Hunter

BigBearStyle is a jewel in the rough
Live Recording

Big Bear singers from Thunderchild Saskatchewan have a new recording out. It was Recorded LIVE AT FORT HALL. For more information please e-mail to: [email protected]javascript:smilie(':Music:')
From what I heard of from the responses these tapes they are really really good. Everyone seems to be enjoying them. The recording was made live by Indian House. You can check the web site out if you like. I am not sure if its up dated yet though. www.indianhouse.com:Music: :Music: :Music:

Last edited by BigBearStyle; 02-26-2002 at 11:52 AM..
BigBearStyle is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-2002, 05:27 PM   #26
Fancy Shawler

kreegirl49 is on a distinguished road
Question

Does anybody know's if there's a new Cozad tape out? I heard they were making a new tape. ??????
kreegirl49 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2002, 08:40 PM   #27
Tiny Tot Dancer

th007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thunderhouse well be coming out with a c.d called "livin it up" in the second weekend in April!! It'll be there first tape out!! look out for that!!
th007 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-26-2002, 05:25 PM   #28
Just Hangin' Round

DCP is a jewel in the rough
Saw Wayne, Jr. last weekend and he says Tha Tribe is coming out with their fourth cd really soon. It was recorded live a few weeks back for Canyon.
Old 02-27-2002, 12:04 PM   #29
=============

Kool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond repute
Since someone brought up southern singing... Arbor Records advertised a new Sizzortail recording a while back. As far as I know the recording still has not been released. Does anyone have any info about when it might be released or if it even will still be released?

Kool B
Kool Breeze is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2002, 01:27 PM   #30
Pow Wow Visitor

westcoast_steve is an unknown quantity at this point
New CD

I just bought Tha Tribe's new CD called WInter Storm. I would have to say that it is their best so far. They even have a star-studded crew. Randy Paskemin and Terri St. John are singing with them on this one as well. Terri St. John has two awesome songs on there that he made, including a very tricky song that I think they sing for fancy dancers. From the cover to the back and every thing in between, it is top quality music!
westcoast_steve is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2002, 11:09 AM   #31
Tiny Tot Dancer

hoksila is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone heard the new Midnite tape? If it's as good as the first one, I'd consider a new good one to pick up.

aho!
AJP
hoksila is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2002, 12:09 PM   #32
=============

I haven't heard the new Midnite Express but I plan on ordering it really soon. It's called Live from Minnesota 2002.
Old 05-20-2002, 02:20 PM   #33
Pow Wow Visitor

midnitexpress_2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah........are new cd just came out a while back but a good cd to pick up is Big Bear Live At Fort Hall....some good songs on there....lata!!:Chatter
midnitexpress_2001 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2002, 03:03 PM   #34
Tiny Tot Dancer

HighsNLows has a brilliant futureHighsNLows has a brilliant futureHighsNLows has a brilliant futureHighsNLows has a brilliant futureHighsNLows has a brilliant futureHighsNLows has a brilliant futureHighsNLows has a brilliant futureHighsNLows has a brilliant futureHighsNLows has a brilliant futureHighsNLows has a brilliant future
so,, anyone who knows how to get a copy of the tape just let me know. besides waiting to see it being sold at a powwow.
any phone numbers or addresses for who is selling it. thanks
HighsNLows is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2002, 04:01 PM   #35
=============

Hey HighsNLows, here's some info that may help you out:

Creative Native Productions
130 Demont Ave
Suite 350
Little Canada, MN 55117
(651) 486-0123
[email protected]

Don't email them. I tried that and they never emailed back. I had to call to order. They don't accept credit card so you have to send in your money and then they'll mail you the recording. I didn't ask if they did COD. You can also order the CD directly from the Midnite Express singers:

[email protected] (this is spelled correctly)

Hope this helps.

-Kool B
Old 05-20-2002, 06:52 PM   #36
Tiny Tot Dancer

HighsNLows has a brilliant futureHighsNLows has a brilliant futureHighsNLows has a brilliant futureHighsNLows has a brilliant futureHighsNLows has a brilliant futureHighsNLows has a brilliant futureHighsNLows has a brilliant futureHighsNLows has a brilliant futureHighsNLows has a brilliant futureHighsNLows has a brilliant future
thank you. just what i was looking for.
HighsNLows is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-21-2002, 08:54 PM   #37
Tiny Tot Dancer

zigga is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know if my posts are up to date (first tymer).. But I thought the Southern Cree c.d was some good music.

For southern I would say Southern boyz have a good one out too..

When I see a new c.d usually it's already been out a fews weeks so don't mind my 2 cents...

:)
zigga is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-2002, 03:18 PM   #38
Junior Dancer

Sakaway is a jewel in the rough
Blackstone has a new cd coming out right away. It should be out anytime. Look at Canyon Records website for more info. Also, just last week High Noon recorded with Canyon. I'd say at least a couple of months until that album comes out. Same goes for Wildhorse since they recorded after Gatherings. Not sure which label they did it with though. Hope that helps.
Old 05-27-2002, 02:00 PM   #39
Tiny Tot Dancer

young scout is an unknown quantity at this point
DAYUM!!!!! i haven't bought a pow wow album 4 a long while.... until i got tha new MOUNTAIN SOUL cd, Valley of the Sun, recorded live at ASU pow wow 2001.....that double cd is off tha hook! About time Indian House captures that qualtiy and enegetic pow wow vibe.
Old 05-28-2002, 05:32 PM   #40
Head Singing Judge

Kiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 390.00
Has anybody noticed that Northern Wind has a new CD out? Its called "Campfire" and its from Arbor Records. There are 10 new songs on the album and oh yeah the CD is enhanced, so you can throw it in your computer and check out some cool stuff. Such as a video, pictures, biography, and other cool stuff. Go check it out and order it at arborrecords.com. Or you can see the drum group at a pow wow and buy it from them.
First ever enhanced CD too. Cool huh?
Kiiwedinong is offline   Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links