Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives > Pow Wow Singing New pow-wow c.d's?!?! New pow-wow c.d's?!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2002, 01:43 PM   #41
Private Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ctryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
this is what I'm talkin' about!

Wow! I love this thread! I can definitely get down with this! So many interesting topics you all put out there.

I can answer some of them for ya! I work here at KWRR, owned and operated by the Northern Arapaho Nation on the Wind River Res, in Wyoming, btw.

Mountain Soul, as said has the two volume, out, courtesy of Indian House records... Recorded LIVE at the 15th Annual ASU pow wow in Tempe April 20-22, 2001. It's pretty good.

One of my recomendations is Southern Cree - they just released their new "Drum For Life" cd during the Gatherings this past month, and gave it to us. I love it. You'll enjoy it once you hear it. They are distributed by Canyon Records. www.canyonrecords.com -- The last CD I knew of by Sizzortail was the Enuff Said cd...

*sigh* Be still my heart, the new cd Bear Creek "Live" was given to us during the Gatherings also, by the "Big Brown Bear With The Long Hair" *hug*, and it's definitely rockin'. One of my all time favorites! They're under the Arbor Records label, love those guys at Arbor!!

Another of Arbor Records releases is a compilation CD titled THUNDER DRUMS, there is volume 1 and volume 2, they are both amazing, trust me. 20 songs on each cd... Get it if you can! www.arborrecords.com

As for my own personal recomendation, I like Black Eagle. These Jemez Pueblo singers tear it up on the hand drum, and these are round dance songs. You gotta hear a couple of the songs, trust me. And they're available from our friends atSOAR Records, www.soundofamerica.com :p

One brand new CD, it's called RedHawk, Come And Get Your Love Boy, it's way too good. I love it. You'll recognize the tune. She's available through her own production, Red Nation Celebration Concert Series, www.rednation.com. We got that one yesterday. It's well received on the airwaves here.

Also, for all the blues/jazz/ fans, Indigenous has a new cd, FISTFUL OF DIRT, and that is only available online or at one of the shows. www.indigenousrocks.com It's amazing, I already love it.

I spoke with my new e-bud, and her husband is with the Cozad singers. You can find them on the Schemitzun or Red Earth compilation cd's, and they weren't recording just yet for a new one. They're phenomenal, huh?! The men's southern fancy song on the Best of The Best 93-99 tears it up!

I love this thread, keep posting! Some of the cd's you mentioned, I haven't come across, so I'm taking notes. I'd love to get links as well. You can email me, I'd love that - shawna@kwrr.org

I love you guys!!
ctryprincess is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 06-05-2002, 09:08 AM   #42
=============

Kool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 580.34
New Midnite Express Review

Just got the new Midnite Express yesterday. I've listened to it twice now. Very good CD. Strong singing. Lots of energy. There's a good mix of songs composed by different members of the group. There's 15 songs on the CD (8 intertribals, 1 traditional, 1 grass dance, 1 honor song, 4 contest). It's a little longer than 50 minutes. I like to hear Opie Day-Bedeau lead. He always makes his leads so dramatic. All around good singing. It's as least as good as their first release, and you know that one was hot.

-Kool B
Old 06-05-2002, 08:44 PM   #43
Pow Wow Visitor

alvina1971 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Mountain Soul-Valley of the sun:D
Old 08-13-2002, 10:36 AM   #44
=============

Kool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond repute
Canyon Records just put up some new releases on their website. High Noon and Young Bird both have a new CD. And I think Northern Cree and Blackstone have new round dance CDs. Anyone heard any of these yet?

-Kool B
Old 08-13-2002, 10:57 AM   #45
Pow Wow Visitor

badbraids is an unknown quantity at this point
The BEST CD's I've bought this year are:

Midnite Express' Live at Minnesota
Mandaree at Crow Fair

Other good ones:
Mystic River (Rounda Dance)
Yellowhammer
Mountain Soul
Big Bear Live at Ft. Hall

Northern Cree and Youngbirds CD didn't do me any justice, it alirght but the ones listed above were better.

Blackstone's CD from the Skydomw I think wasn't all that either.

I basically think the reason they were not good was because of the recording quality. The songs were good, it's just the quality of the recording.

Indian House in my opinion is the best quality out there.
Old 08-13-2002, 12:00 PM   #46
=============

Hey badbraids, good call on the Mandaree at Crow Fair CD. A lot of nice old songs.
Old 08-13-2002, 05:11 PM   #47
Pow Wow Visitor

eagle_clan1017 has a reputation beyond reputeeagle_clan1017 has a reputation beyond reputeeagle_clan1017 has a reputation beyond reputeeagle_clan1017 has a reputation beyond reputeeagle_clan1017 has a reputation beyond reputeeagle_clan1017 has a reputation beyond reputeeagle_clan1017 has a reputation beyond reputeeagle_clan1017 has a reputation beyond reputeeagle_clan1017 has a reputation beyond reputeeagle_clan1017 has a reputation beyond reputeeagle_clan1017 has a reputation beyond reputeeagle_clan1017 has a reputation beyond reputeeagle_clan1017 has a reputation beyond reputeeagle_clan1017 has a reputation beyond reputeeagle_clan1017 has a reputation beyond reputeeagle_clan1017 has a reputation beyond repute
Sizzortail hasn't made a cd since the first one, and there is still no talk of a new one....false advertisement on Arbor's behalf. Bear Creek's cd is pretty deadly, and the new Southern Boyz cd is bad, and they also have a new one coming out sometime that was done at Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. I think it was a comp. between SBZ and Midnite Express.
eagle_clan1017 is offline   Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links