Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Am I over reacting? Am I over reacting?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2003, 02:13 PM   #1
old school fool

Items Change User Title
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 748.00
Savings: 0.00
Question Am I over reacting?

OK heres the scoop:

Yesterday at Cheerleading Practice, I dropped a stunt (me and another girl hold a third girl in the air) and when the girl fell her boney elbow cracked me straight in the nose. When it hit my face I screamed *the old faithful* "EF!!!" word. It hurt man, like gettin punched square in the face, I mean it man! I saw stars!!!

Anyways, Immediately, My coach started barking at me saying "Dont ever cuss when you get hit! Your gonna do some laps for that one! I cant believe you said that" Meanwhile Im standing there, holding my face, blood coming out of my nose. I took it like a man, I wasnt crying and rolling around on the floor or nothin, But that doesn't mean that it didnt hurt. I just stood there praying that my nose wasnt broken.

She didnt even ask me if I was ok.

Im thinking about quitting. I dont know if I can work with a coach whose more concerned about Image that health. My face is sore today and I got a lil bit of a shiner under my right eye but my nose aint broke.

Let me hear it yall!
RainyDaze49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2003, 02:16 PM   #2
NDNBUNZ

Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Tell the truth. You really got the bloody nose and semi-shiner from rollerblading naked after the keg party.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:23 PM   #3
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
I think that you didn't over react. My daughter is a cheerleader - a flyer - and she got dropped recently. When she did she immediately got up and went to the girl - just letting her know - and the coach just told them all to watch it.

I think you should talk to the coach and let her know that you didn't mean to let the F word slip, but that that mug hurt. If she wants to argue - just tell her you want to contribute as a team, but that you are only human. That's it!

Good luck in your decision!!! Rah rah!!!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2003, 02:28 PM   #4
old school fool

Items Change User Title
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Jibby
Tell the truth. You really got the bloody nose and semi-shiner from rollerblading naked after the keg party.
I had a thong on and I landed on my arm, not my face! That was soooooo last week.:Chatter

YOU BRAT!!!

*big NDN hugs!*
Old 10-10-2003, 02:29 PM   #5
Senior Dancer

redbear has a reputation beyond reputeredbear has a reputation beyond reputeredbear has a reputation beyond reputeredbear has a reputation beyond reputeredbear has a reputation beyond reputeredbear has a reputation beyond reputeredbear has a reputation beyond reputeredbear has a reputation beyond reputeredbear has a reputation beyond reputeredbear has a reputation beyond reputeredbear has a reputation beyond reputeredbear has a reputation beyond reputeredbear has a reputation beyond reputeredbear has a reputation beyond reputeredbear has a reputation beyond reputeredbear has a reputation beyond repute
Ayyyee! The ole *f* word eh?

Well don't worry I say that about every other word myself...

but seriously... I would be really ticked over it too and would consider quitting as well.. however, sometimes it's better to jus hang in there and be the tough one! :D ;)

Don't let that coach get to ya girl! :muscles:

*boy do I remember the days of getting hurt during practice*

"I can only show you the door, you have to open it."
redbear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2003, 02:31 PM   #6
old school fool

Items Change User Title
Quote:
Originally posted by Smokin' Ace

I think you should talk to the coach and let her know that you didn't mean to let the F word slip, but that that mug hurt. If she wants to argue - just tell her you want to contribute as a team, but that you are only human. That's it!

Good luck in your decision!!! Rah rah!!!
Yeah, I'm gonna have to talk to her eventually about it. But at the same time, I dont know if I'll be able to control my own temper if she flys off the handle again. I seriously couldnt believe she didnt ask if I was alright, I was about to be like "Well lets see what you say when YOU get cracked in the face" AYE!!!

NO NO no no.... Seriously though, I dont know if I wanna work with her anymore......:(
Old 10-10-2003, 02:35 PM   #7
old school fool

Items Change User Title
Quote:
Originally posted by redbear
Ayyyee! The ole *f* word eh?

Well don't worry I say that about every other word myself...

but seriously... I would be really ticked over it too and would consider quitting as well.. however, sometimes it's better to jus hang in there and be the tough one! :D ;)

Don't let that coach get to ya girl! :muscles:

*boy do I remember the days of getting hurt during practice*
Yeah all the other girls on the squad were kinda mad about it 2. They thought Coach was way outta line. Even when my squad mate came to help me, the coach went off on her and was like "Dont help her! Get back to your stunt!!!" but she didnt.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:36 PM   #8
Official Hickie Checker

MaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond reputeMaggieB has a reputation beyond repute
i cheerleaded at heskell when it first became a class. and we were all beginners at flying for the most part so everytime they wanted to try something they had me do it. b/c i am crazy and i will do anything once. well lets just say i never got to fly at a game. I had this problem with cussing when flying. jenny didn't like that but i never had to run or anything.

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

"I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, yahoo!, I'd have all my money back."
MaggieB is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2003, 02:41 PM   #9
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Well the decision is definitely yours - and I think you need to have a comfort level with the coaches. If you feel like you can not work with her, then you need to really make that decision. Is there someone else, another coach or principal that you can talk to? I just think that the whole squad will really suffer a loss without you - and you need to think about how much you will miss it too.

Best of luck to you. I just know how much cheering means to Rachel (my daughter). She quit in 7th grade because she felt the coach wasn't taking it serious enough for her. She wrote her a long letter and let her know that she wanted more for the team than the coach was willing to share with them (straight up). She waited until high school and is now enjoying it immensely. It is a different coach - one that has vision and doesn't mind teaching the girls the value of hard work. She is enthusiatic and motivating - so I know how important the coach's position is.

You never know - there could have been other complaints against the coach too - yours may not be an isolated incident. And I agree - she should have asked how you were. She let her emotions (embarrassment) overtake her responsibility to be sure all the girls are safe.

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2003, 02:43 PM   #10
An URBAN NDN

Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 367.44
Savings: 1.00
So glad to see your pretty face here for a bit - and glad it's not messed up as badly as it mighta been.

Dang ol teacher worrying more about the cuss then the blood - she needs to get her priorities straight! Chalk it up to learning about people and personal styles - the coach coulda handled it better for sure and maybe if it happens again, she will.

Oh yeah and what ACE said^!
Singing Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2003, 02:43 PM   #11
NDNBUNZ

Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
*big ol' bannock hugs for PWCHIC*

Naw, girl don't let that get you down. The coach is just hatin'. Keep up on that cheerleadin!!
Old 10-10-2003, 02:58 PM   #12
whip cream is better

kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80.00
Don't quit.

Try talking sensibly with the coach. Let him/her know that it wasn't cool to worry first about the stunt and not ask if you were alright. Maybe even write it in a letter form, so that way you have proof that you addressed these concerns if it ever becomes a bigger issue.

But don't let this one incident get you down. If it becomes a series of incidents, then maybe the other cheerleaders will have your back by then, and if you have stuff in writing, then you will be better prepared to handle your business.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:11 PM   #13
old school fool

Items Change User Title
*thinkin jus hard* yeeeeah........Yeeeeeeaaaaahhh.......YEEEEAAAH!!!

I aint gonna quit. You guys are right.....I guess this is one of those "You can sit around and cry about it, or handle it like an adult" thingys eh?

Yeeeeeaaaah.....

and Kneegrow, that is the funniest effin picture I have ever seen in my entire life.:Chatter
Old 10-10-2003, 03:18 PM   #14
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,087.60
coach might just be jealous cause your prettier than her lol...don't sweat it, your too strong cuzzin! :D
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2003, 03:45 PM   #15
Junior Dancer

Red Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond repute
OUCH!!! I said the EF word just reading your story. I am sure it did hurt.

Keep on cheering. Don't Let the coach get to you.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:33 PM   #16
whip cream is better

kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80.00
Quote:
Originally posted by powwowchic49
and Kneegrow, that is the funniest effin picture I have ever seen in my entire life.:Chatter
Thanks, I was aiming to make people laugh.:Chatter
Old 10-11-2003, 10:46 AM   #17
gawk where's the gun Gawk

MAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

pwchic
if I where you I would've pulled the old drill sergent stunt ...wiped the blood down his nose and say something like " you disrespectful , weak knee'd pile of civilian scum.. I should stick this pom-pom up your boney little a$$ .. I hope you burn in he!! !!..... then get a band-aid and get back to practice.lol
also say it so the coach is intimidated and is scared . I'm joking
I wouldn't quite though, I've never been a cheerleader but I am in JROTC and we where useing rifles once and this one dunce was standing beside me and we went to left-shoulder-arms he het me sqaurely in the face with a 10 pound rifle.
hey it happens , you shouldn't take it seriosly. if it happens again tell someone . see what your team-mates say about it . ust give it time.

Rob

'i believe I can fly'
Rob Young
MAROONDANCER is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2003, 11:49 AM   #18
Tiny Tot Dancer

Rezchick is an unknown quantity at this point
I can see where you're comin from I am a cheerleader at my school and a couple of months ago I was in this same spot. It was cool though because whenever my coach started givin me crap all my other squad members came to check on me and they threatned to walk out of practice. I guess it's diffrent though when they don't really care but I did confront my coach about how she acted and I think you should too.
About your reaction there is no way I would call that over reacting because gettin hit like that really hurts!If there is one thing I learned from that problem it was don't quit and stand up for yourself! Talk to your squad members maybe you aren't the only one having problems with this coach.
Rezchick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2003, 05:31 PM   #19
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
LOL i think you underacted myself.. I woulda been all smartalecky telling the coach... why thank you for caring about my face biatch! hell I sound worse than a sailor when I hurt myself....it informs folks around me not to touch me or get too close till the pain passes...hehehehehehe